Brent!!!!

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Around halfway through Dallid's commentary, Donovan once again emerges from his room, bearing an empty tankard. He listens appreciatively to both Dallid and Robin as he fills his mug from Atrum's ample stores. After draining the tankard and filling it yet again, he takes a seat by the fire. He speaks over his shoulder.*

"I have heard several fine ideas, my lady captain, and as usual Dallid has much of value to contribute. I favor simplicity in a memorial - perhaps just a standing stone with the name of any who perished in defense of the haven etched in their own language."

*Pauses for a drink*

"Perhaps a spell could be researched to prevent it from being desecrated? I imagine we'll be fixing it after every battle once the beasts know what it means to us. As it is, I fear we'll be carving on it more often than we'd like..."

*Raises his tankard to the fire*

"To our honored dead, our departed friends, and those whom we've forgotten; to our kinfolk and our children, to the lovers we've besotted; to those we've sought, and those we've slain, and those who wished us ill; to those ahead who laid the path and we who walk it still; lead them not astray as a spirit doomed to roam; Prithee, we beseech thee, Light see them safely home."

*He drinks deeply.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos raises his mug in salute to Donovan's toast*

Here, Here

*Arthos drinks, and goes back to writing in his book*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum raises his mug*

Annosus Haven!

*Drains his mug and pours another*

I will help to build the stone, it may be a good idea to let those that were close with the deceased carve the name into the stone if they wish. If Roland does not wish to, I would like to carve Elus's name.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin lifted her glass as well, making her own silent prayer for the life of her twin brother, for she knew not, in sooth, where he roamed. His soul had been taken by some magical means by a door knocker, a puzzle which yet tormented her.

"Having those close to the slain carve it is good indeed, for perhaps in that act of love they might find some closure, some peace. And I fully agree with Donovan that perhaps some kind of spell might be set upon it that none meaning ill will might be able to alter the stone, yet if need we could still inscribe it at a later date."

She turned back to Eli. "Perhaps I could prevale upon you to come up with said magics, little one?"
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Hmm, I will see what I can do.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )