Brent!!!!

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Brent!!!!

Post by Eli »

*it is sunday afternoon sometime when Eli still brushing himself off from all the fighting the night before makes his way to the inn. He too looks very tired.

"Lady Kathryn and I Spent the whole night lost in the woods. I've decided not to be a tracker! Regardless I've heard that someone did not make it and that they were torn to pieces. Do we have all of them? and can Donavan, Corbin, Dalid, and all the other healers put the pieces of Brent back together."
"I can cast powerful magics to bring him back. I know that you guys are able to reatach limbs, If you can sew him up I will put life into him until I can fully bring him back!"
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

The phoenix is in yourd debt for the offer, Eli, but I'm afraid that even a mage as great as yourself would find trouble bringing our friend back. There are very little of his remains left -- it looked as though he had been eaten.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Eli looks sad...

"then it is beyond even my spells, I am sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do let me know."

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

Thank you again for the offer..

*Wearing a very stoic face, kabre walks outside, and then enraged at recalling brent's demise smashes the shit out of some goblin corpses with an ax.*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin looked up from her cup of wine. "I've been doing some thinking on that account and I think perhaps it might be nice to errect a standing stone to honor all of our fallen. The Guild of light lost one of their own, and we all share that loss, as well as that of the Pheonix guild. It would be nice to honor all who have fallen for the Haven in some tangable way."

She smiled sadly, a far off look in her pale green eyes. She shook it off as quickly as it had come. "How does this sound to you, mates?"
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

We could write their names in the future boat er ship... :D

Ok so something else is probably more appropriate...
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Is tempted to say something scathing to Ka... till she remembers he's building her a ship. Rolls her eyes instead.

"Somethign more fitting, yes. I was thinking a standing stone or something. We could carve the name of each townsmember who's fallen in defence of the town, and add some nice kind of blessing upon their souls or something." She shruggs. "At sea we just sing their souls to rest... and commit their bodies to the sea."
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan emerges from his room still dressed in his armor, with his blade at his side. He sits silently as Eli makes his suggestion and looks on expressionless when Kabre mentions the circumstances of Brant's demise. His face softens slightly when Robin makes mention of a standing stone, but a second later appears cool and distant again.*

"Well said, Robin. I think the idea of a stone is a good one, and a tangible reminder of the price we pay for our safety may help remind some within the Haven of who our true enemies are... "

*Donovan lets his words trail off. The leather on his gloves creaks as his grip tightens on his sword. When he speaks, his voice is ice.*

"Yes. A stone will do nicely."

*Without another word, he returns to his room.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

For a moment the sea Captain is tempted to go after the stoic warrior, but being a closed person herself decides to give the man time. He knew that he could talk to her if he needed, for the two of them were of like mind in so many ways. She raised her half empty wineglass to his retreating back, however, and resolved to talk to him at a later date. It did not do to brood overly long upon grief. This she knew first hand.

She turned back to Eli and Kabre. "We have no lack of stone about here... all we'll need is a craftsman to carve the thing for us. Being a linguist and bit of a sage myself, I can do the writing."

Sh took another sip of wine. "So, who's on the list, as I do not wish to forget anyone."
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

:cry:
These are the ones that first come to mind.

Sir Reginald
Adeara
Brent
A'louse

but I can't spell.

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, if I can spare some time from my ship building...
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Stone

Post by Nelkie »

* Arthos listening to the conversation puts his two cents in*

I like the idea. The stone should be placed in the middle of the town so nobdy fogets the people who have bleed and died protecting this town. We all have lost much, but by our fellow commards sacerfices they have providied us a home where we can rebuild and start over. Please let me know what help is need to create this monument and it shall be done.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn chimes in*

Perhaps we could designate a particular section of the village cemetery for fallen defenders of the Haven. The monument could be a stone arch, under which all who enter must pass...and remember.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

A grand task, to say the least. More than a hundred fell before the Warlord. Many others have gone scouting or hunting, never to return. Still more have been lost while tending their fields or animals.

To not account for each and every one would seem an unexceptable slight. How can we remember them all? How can we honor them all?

Most of them have had their mortal remains consumed by flame in an effort to keep them on the Circle. Their ashes have been scattered upon the winds, yet the memories of each remain strong in someone's heart. Indeed, they are still with us - a part of the very earth upon which we stand. They have simply moved along the Circle - a natural and necessary journey.

And the legacy of their accomplishments - the echo of their lives - linger on. The fields they sowed continue to be plowed. The structures they built continue to provide shelter. The wisdom they bestowed continues to guide us. Their bravery continues to inspire us.

Their sons and daughters, wives and husbands, brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers - indeed, all of us - live on for their sacrifices. Haven, itself, is a monument to those who have died as much as to those who yet live. It is theirs perhaps more than it is ours, and it's continued existence is an honor to all who have given up everything for it. So long as it exists, they are remembered.

Perhaps that is sufficient?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

She smiles softly. "Beautiful, as always, Dillid. I think that would be wonderful. The craftsman would be so kind as to craft and place the stone, then we can get to enscribing it. Perhaps in several languages even, as many folk of many tongues make Haven their home."