a new face...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

Thankee for the offer of help, goodsir Ian. I will take my leave with yonder fair maidens.

*To Shea, Laura, and Rosmaund*

May I accompany you to see this Corbyn fellow?
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

Surely you are welcome to come.

It's just up the road.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

" Good sir Soren, I would wonder at your sanity if you did not wish to follow those lovely women.. be well"
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Soren did not answer. Perhaps he was an enemy. Perhaps he was merely distracted by Rosemonds apparent illness. Slisk hoped he was an enemy. Soren had the look of an experienced warrior – a fight with him would likely be an excellent one. But such decisions were Lambics, not his.

Someone else in the livery of Haven’s defenders was now addressing him. He turned toward Ian.

“Aid I have been promisssed. I am to be taken to thisss ‘Lizardman Village’. They may be barbariansss, but they may ssstill know ssssomething of the Assscendancy and how I might find my way home.”

He nods to Ian in a more formal greeting. “I am Ssslisssk, Ssskirmisher of the Kunapan Assscendancy.”
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea turns hearing Slisk*

Slisk my friend...would you please to join us in going to see Elder Corbyn?
He knows the lizard folk in this area, and could arrange for a meeting with them, I'm sure of it.

*She smiles at Slisk, holding her hand out motioning for him to come quickly*

Besides I know you Slisk, I do not know this Soren fellow so well...if you could accompany us all I'd be grateful. Truly we must tarry no longer I really must get Lady Rosamund some rest.

*Shea looks over at Soren and gives him sober look.*
Last edited by Shea Stonebrook on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Turns to Shea.

"A meeting isss all ready promisssed. I merely wait until I am told it isss ready to take placcce. But essscort I will provide."
Last edited by Slisk on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Rosamund leans over and puts her head on Shea’s shoulder closes her eyes and begins to moan softly. “Please can we go” weaving forward Rosamud almost pulls shea over with her.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea puts her hand to Rosamund's head for a checks for fever while it's still on her shoulder.... She quietly says.*

Come now M'lady, you'll be in your bed before you know it.

*Shea gets a good grip around Rosamund's waist, and with Laura's help and Soren beside them, they leave the inn.*
Shea Stonebrook

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*To Sslisk*

" May I ask who promised you the Aid? As for meeting the Lizardmen of the area, it should be no problem, I was planning on journeying there in the next day or so and see if they are having any problems.. as we receive Hides from them, I try to make sure nothing is bothering them. If you would care to accompany me I see no harm in it."
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk sighs deeply with the unfamiliar process of deep thought, then shrugs.

"Haven offered aid. No offenssse, but you mammaliansss all look alike to me."

Then he gives a formal nod. "I thank you for the chanccce to sssee the village. I will journey with you, should your warchief allow. But now I mussst go."

Moves off after the others.
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

First light o' the morn!

Post by Soren »

*Soren eases down from his room, fully refreshed and without worldly care. He has a hearty smile on his face as he sits at the bar, and gets the attention of the keep*

"hey there, barkeep. Another lovely day, ain't it? I got in late last night, important business matters to tend to, and all that. So, have I missed any goings on in the last few days? Oh, and can ye spare a flagon of ale for yer best customer?"

* Soren appears already inebriated. He rises and attempts to leave the Inn, drunkenly falling into various tables as he goes. He exits*