a new face...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

a new face...

Post by Soren »

*A rather ordinary Man enters the bar. He bears the stink of a soldier, but not the uniform. He carries an axe and mace for for armarments and a peculiar form of armor...all he is regailed with is a Knight's coif and Steel gauntlets. The remainder of his clothes are those of a peasant. He heavily lays his tired body at the bar.*

"Oy, what's a fella gotta slay to get a drink 'round here? Name it, I'm game."
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*The man hails down the barkeep for a drink*

"Hey, fella. Can I get some ale?"
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Looking around to see an unfamiliar face Lady Rosomund walks up to Soren. “Good day to you, good sir. It looks as if you may have a tale or two you could weave may-haps you would be so kind to tell me of you travels.”

Shea walks up behind the lady and brings a pitcher full of ale. She puts the pitcher on a table and sites down next to the bar. (At the closes table) “You are welcome to join us if you wish.”
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*Soren walks over to Rosamund's table. Grinning obnoxiously, he sets himself at the open chair."

"Charmed." He says to Rosamund. "I appreciate the hospitality. In short supply these days. A traveller has to learn to never pass up an opportunity at a drink or a meal. Did you say there was a meal cooking back there? I sure am hungry. After all, it is no small journey from the other side of woodhold. This ale sure does hit the spot. Makes a feller hungry, though. where are m' manners. The name is Soren. I am a travelling man, an adventurer one could say. More of a tumbleweed really. Heh. I've been on the road for about three years, give or take. I was taken from my childhood by a catastrophy and made a man overnight. Ah...its in the past."

*Soren contently drinks his ale. He looks up with a smile*

"So I hear this place harbors a Necromancer. Give me any information on that, m'lady?"

*Soren awaits a reply*
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Rosamund looks at Shea and then Shea, get up and says “food just a moment.” In a moment Shea comes back with a dish. Places the dish of food in front of Soren and gives him a wining smile. “I think you are talking about Amagis. He was killed sometime ago.” Lady Rosamund gives Shea a bright smile and looks back to Soren. Let me think what can I tell you about him? She stops for a moment and he can tell she is thinking very intensely about his questing.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea's face goes from smiling to thoughtful.*

You say you come from the other side of Woodhold? And you have been traveling for 3 years? How do you come to know of a necromancer around here??
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*Soren's face goes blank and he focuses his attention on Shea*

I'm in the business of knowling these things.

*Soren resumes his drink, shaking his head.*
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea raises her right eyebrow at Soren's statement. As Soren lifts his fork from his plate, taking a bite of his meal, Shea takes his plate, leaving him only the fork. She turns and heads towards the kitchen.*

Lady Rosamund...I'll be in the kitchen if you need me...washing dishes.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

"that's a right dirty trick, wetting a man's appetite then takin' away his vittles. Rekon it'll be like that, then. Thank you for the straight shot on this Amagus fella. Wish I had been here to see him draw his last vile breath. As well....can I finish me Ale, at least?" Soren says with a smirk.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea turns to face Soren, plate in hand, a smug look upon her face.*

If ya be mind'en your manners now Soren, I'll be bringing this plate back to ya. No need for this good meal to be going to waste. If you still be wanting it. No man that enjoys seeing a vile man die can be that bad, smart arse or no.

*She stands a moment waiting his reply.*
Shea Stonebrook

Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

"Smarrrt arrse." Agrees a voice politely from under the table. "Nos. Nos."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels Stands up from where he was siting*

"How far has everyone fallen...."

"Amagus, may have done some bad things, but he was a good man."*Kels seems to be alittle mad* "What did he ever do to anyone in Haven? If he was so bad then why would he have saved my life more then a few times?! I have done my share of bad thing's and yet here i stand WHY? Oh YEAH, I save all your asses on a regular basis!!!! Amagus was my friend, and if i had my way i would have killed everyone that helped in his death! So, eat your food drink your ale and know that Amagus was better then all of you!"

*With that Kels walks out of the inn*
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

What crawled up his....ah nevermind. M'lady, I'll gladly finish that meal, if'n yer still offerin'
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Yes, Yes you will have your meal. With the swift foot falls of Kels, Lady Rosamund is wide eyed staring in the general direction he walked away in. We should not be so brash as to judge others. This was not said to anyone in particular nor was there heat in her voice. Rosamund put one hand under the table to pet Numues. I believe we need change the topic. For I wish not to offend anyone we are striving to make this a place that, that is safe for all and welcome to all. Rosamund motions for Shea to set back down. Will you be so good as to join us once more Shea. Of sudden I am feeling very ill may haps I should go lay down. Please Shea could you get me some water?
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Sen appears from inside the kitchen. He has a tray of stew and bread, a silver platter over flowing.

"I couldn't help but listen in from the kitchen. I'm Sen. I do my best around here to provide food to those who need it." Sen says with a slight bow. The Valkyn'vi's painted face turns pensive.

"I would be careful voicing such opinions of Amagus. Many here considered him a friend, and indeed a trusted ally, and the memory of his murder, still burns. But, That is is above the pay grade of a simple cook."

Sen bows and lowers the platter so soren can get some food.
Travis Cole