From the Cabin to Haven

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

From the Cabin to Haven

Post by GM-Mike »

After gathering all possible information from the cabin, Mortimer leads the group forth, toward Haven, toward the last elf. As always the hike is quickly paced, though everyone is pleased to finally be putting the cabin behind them, to once again be continuing on the mission.

The night passes uneventfully and in the morning, after once again drinking Mortimer's elixir, the group travels onward. The emptiness of the land is striking. Since leaving the cabin, no other signs of life can be found. No people, not even animals seem to inhabit this area, as if everyone but Egren's family knew to pack it up, to live elsewhere.

Two days after leaving the cabin, still early yet in the morning, Mortimer stops. He turns, facing the group, and says, "The Elf's tracks no longer lead toward Haven. It branches off. These tracks are fairly fresh but it's tough to say how far off our path he is. Which way should we travel?"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Let's get that elf. Maybe we can get some information about what they are doing out here and about that psychedelic thing. And it eliminates a loose end."

Zeira looks over at Azra

"Try not to shoot this one in the head please. It's hard to get info out of an elf if it's got a hole in it's brain. Aim for its butt or something..."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Indeed. Perhaps the family was able to use the artifact to create that short, intense storm. It was too advantageous to us to have been coincidence. I know of no one with the ability to control weather to such degree, short of a Dragon. Hopefully we can procure information on from the Elf.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

"I agree on taking to elf alive, if possible. Perhaps he'll know if other patrols are about."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The group takes off in a run toward the direction of the elf. Soon you leave the dense forested low land for pine covered hills. You travel for two days before Mortimer holds up his hand. The group stops and Mortimer creeps up a hill to look upon the horizon.

Below you see a winding path leading down into a valley where you see a gate in a small clearing. 4 elves guard the gate.

You can see a single elf, out of bow range, running swiftly toward the gate from the wooded path. He appears alone, but as you strain your eyes you are able to see a shadowy figure quickly following.
The following happens before you have time to react:

As the elf clears the woods he signals to the 4 elves who start the gate, but where he is going you were unable to see. Virgil leaps from the woods with speed you did not think was possible. All the elves are taken off guard which allows Virgil to cross much of the distance before the first arrow sticks in his side. With a scream Virgil pulls out a knife hurling it at one of the elves. The knife bites deep into the arm of the elf who fired the shot and he drops his bow. Virgil dances to the side as another arrow screams by. He then leaps at the elves as all of them block his path. The elf he was pursuing turn slowly toward Virgil and even from this distance you are able to see the grin on his face as he takes the last few steps into the gate. Virgil scream again as an eleven blade slices across his arm. Virgil punches one of the elves creating an opening, and he pushes through leaping sword drawn at his prey and both tumble through the gate as it closes.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo crouches down and silently draws his swords. He then looks to the group and whispers quietly.

"What's the Plan?"
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Were going down there but try and keep as many alive as possible. We need the coordinates for that gate. Let's move people. They are caught off guard."

Zeira charges down the hill
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo charges after Zeira and will run right behind him so that Zeira's flank is not so exposed to enemy attacks.
Last edited by Crist0 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Upon seeing the elves, Daine ducks down with all the others.

"Damnation! .....I guess we know where Virgil got off to, now don't we?"

Seeing Ziera and Cristo get up to make a move, Daine get their attention with qlow voice. "Guys, wait! Lets plan this out first."
Last edited by Marcus on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

*Due to the nature of typed text I appaerntly have not given a good visual description on the scene. All of you are at an outcropping over looking a small valley. This is a hill not a Mountain so we are talking maybe a 100 foot elevation over say a quarter mile sparsely forested trail that opens up to a small clearing. All of you charging down the hill can either take the direct route or the trail, but in either case the elves will have considerable time before you reach them. They were taken off guard, but with the gate closed they are very much alert and not off guard. You can change what you would like to do based on this new information*
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Hopefully before anyone moves, Dallid says, "I suggest we hold faith that Virgil will silence the Elf. Then, at least, we might assume our presence will therefore go unnoticed and unaccounted for. We might continue to approach Haven undetected, with the Elves believing Virgil is a lone scout or insurgent."

"Attacking the gate guards will likely solve nothing. They will have plenty of time to escape - even return with significant reinforcements - before we can reach them."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

“I agree Dallid. Nothing good can come from this if we can’t catch them off guard. Let’s move back and see if we can come up with a plan. I’m not even sure I want to go after Virgil seeing that he got himself into that mess down there…but it would be pretty wrong to just leave him to die. Then again it would doom the rest of us to go after him. I just don't know.”

Zeira starts backing up out of sight of the elves
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo follows Zeira
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

They're right. We shouldn't give the Elves a good idea that there were any more of us than Virgil, and like Ziera says, who knows what location he ended up going though to.

And even if there's only three of them left down there, they might be able to call in reinforcements if we can't silence them soon enough, so we should come up with something before we make a move.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

"I agree with Dallid also. We should just continue on to Haven and hope that the elves think Virgil is a lone scout. As for saving Virgil, I would feel no remorse for leaving him as he is. He insisted on being a loner and doing things his own way instead of acting as part of the group. I think we should just leave him. He sealed his own fate when he struck out on his own on a bloody path of Vengeance, and he probably would have endangered the group because of it anyways.

Cristo Ponders for a moment.

"Still, I wonder what would happen if they happened to get a hold of Virgil and squeeze a few answers out of him about our quest. Bad news for us.