An Announcement

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Robin
Town Member
Town Member

An Announcement

Post by Robin »

Robin called attention to those who had gathered to hear her announcement. There was no smile on her face and it looked as if she had not slept in over a week. She did not indulge in her normally frilly manner of speaking and got right to the point.

“I have come to announce that Gryffin Guild is leaving the House of the Crescent Moon.” She held up her hand to forestall any questions. “My reasons are very clear, and I owe them both to my Guild, and to the House. First, let me say that this does not mean that we are not still allies. We are, and I will do all that it takes to aid and support you when you need. I just do not feel that I can be a part of any House right now. Along those lines, I do not feel that, as Magistrate, it is proper for me to be in a House. I am supposed to try and be impartial, and I can’t do that if I’m in a House right now. Not with all that is going on. I feel that this is the right thing to do, for myself, and for the town.”

Now her voice changed, became hard and like stone. “I also feel that not all things have been conducted as they had ought to have been. It was NEVER mentioned to me that the Orcs would be asked to swear fidelity to the House, and I feel that request was wrong. Fidelity to the town, fine, but a person’s political affiliations are their own to choose. NO ONE should be forced to enter a House or Guild. The day that happens, I leave this Haven for good. I cannot stand behind that demand. I will not.”

Robin sighed, and looked about. “Donovan, Arthos- We are still friends, I hope. I do not wish ill upon either of you. I just can’t be a part of this House, not now. The balance of power in this town is too fragile as it is, and I will not add to the imbalance. I have made some very poor decisions of late, and it’s about time I get my ship together, as it were. I have shaken the faith of all who trusted in me, and have not acted as a Captain and Magistrate should. All of this politicing is new to me, and I admit I have made bad choices. That ends today, and it ends now. I want to be the kind of person this town can look to if they need, to be an example of honor and leadership. I’m not making excuses for my actions, but accepting them completely. I am still a friend to all in this town who wish it, and still commit myself to the service of this town’s laws. I just can’t be in a House, that’s all.”

A ghost of a smile crossed her lips, and it seemed some of the weight, at least, was lifted from her features. “Now, where can a former Sea Captain get a good game of cards around here?”

**OOC** I'll still make belt hangers for you guys if you'd like them. ^_^
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

*involuntairly reaches for a deck of cards he once long ago kept in his coat pocket, realizes that the coat gone long ago, turns, back to his meditation.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Pulls out a deck of OLD MAID cards and sits down to put them in a big pile.. :)
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm watches an shake shis head as Robin speaks. Than rub's the side of his head. Turns and heads out of the Inn, gear in hand.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin sits in the shadows behind Robin, keeping an ever vigilant eye on the things going on around us.*
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Stands next to Kels and just shakes her head and just whispers in his ear.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin's eyes found Kidwyn and narrowed. "Do you have something you'd like to share with the whole crew, love?" She asked softly.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal who was sitting in a corner by himself looks up at Robins words*

"We do not need any arguing right now. If you want to play cards I would happily join you if you don't mind teaching me."

*He smiles as he speaks.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Curufin shakes his head as Robin speaks. When she is finished, he stands up and quietly leaves the Inn.*
Lost my train of thought.....
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Robin and just smiles.*

If you must know I was speaking of things that are more personal in nature to Kels here. I mean if you really want me to I can share luv, but I do not think the others would care to find out.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

* SMILES a mile wide, nearly from ear to ear...*

"Sure I'll teach you how to play... come come, sit!!!!"
*shuffles his 'old maid' cards again...*
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

*Lao quietly speaks*

You currently step down from your position with the house of the Crescent moon because you feel it would interfere with your duties as magistrate. I am curious, what makes your guild affiliation acceptable but your house affiliation not? Is it simply the number of people involved or is their more to it then that? Do you feel that you can remain an impartial magistrate should one of your guildmates be caught committing a crime?

I do not intend these questions as challenges of your choice, but I know that I am not the only one thinking these questions. I am just the only one who is asking them.

*Lao then patiently awaits Robins answers*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin relaxed noticable with Kidwynn's easy-going responce. A smile puilled at the corner of her mouth. "No, no... no need to know that, mate." She laughed softly, and then took a seat across from Eli.

"Cards it is, little one. You deal, if you'd be so kind."

When Lao asked his question she regarded him honestly. "I'm not the head of Gryffin Guild, actually. Veris is. For the very same reasons I stated. He's got the good will of the Crew in mind, and can see to them when I cannot. He always has." She shrugged. "As for my impartiallity... Just look at Tarn. I have no compunctions about dealing out justice to my crew when need be." She sighed sadly. "And Fy'Rin's not the first First Mate I've had either. The last one fell by my hand. I have no compunctions about dealing with them harshly when needed, no more than with anyone else. Well they know, they get no special treatment, not one little bit. Not where the law is comcerned."

She gave Lao a soft smile. "Your questions are more than fair, and I'll sit here and answer every one of them if you need. You have a right to question me, everyone does. In fact, I hope you all do. The law is accountable to the people in the end... something they forgot in the Old World, and for which we are all paying now."

Robin fell quiet, deeply thoughtful, absent mindedly playing cards with Eli, whom she concidered her adopted son.
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin, still in the shadows behind Robin, grumbles under his breath and take a swig from his flask.*
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Appers a little more at easy and laughs.*

Didn't think you'd want all the insights into my personal stuff there Robin. Also, appologies for the timing of my rather mischevious behavior, but I was attempting to lighten the mood.

*Looks at Kels*

Care to go on that walk now???