On the Edge of Forever

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

On the Edge of Forever

Post by Onimaster »

It was still dark as the early morning mists stretched across the field near Haven filling the deep footprints of the Juggernaut. Standing silently over the scene is the stone gateway to realms unknown that had been the last option for Donovan and his ward to escape the unstoppable beast sent to destroy Addison.

The stillness was broken as the mist around the gate began to eddy in a soft breeze, and slowly picked up speed as suddenly the gate crackled with purple arcane energy and began to alight. With a rush of energy a giant wash of energy spilled forth from the gate and then receded to form a rippling event horizon. The surface was breached by a demure figure of a girl clutching her hands together afraid as the lights illuminated the fog around her. She knew that if anything was out there she couldn’t see it, and it obviously was aware of her. The gate suddenly cut off plunging her from color filled lights to night blindness.

In the still her mind played tricks imagining she heard the creeping of beasts in the grasses of the field, and all she could do is try to quiet her sobs of fear.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana looks up from the tome she was pouring over under a bright magical light that she had created to keep her awake and alight the pages. Having been leaning against a tree a few yards away from the portal, her mouth drops agape as she looks up at the young girl uncertain of what to say and before she can speak the portal suddenly closes. Slightly panicked that the portal had opened up itself this time, Talana looks around frantically in the darkness for Ian or Woden, calling out each of their names in a hushed shout and looking around for a response.*

((Edited to be consistent with the girl stepping through the portal, as I misread the original post.))
Last edited by Talana Isilisurë on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

An elf clad fully in chainmaile and carrying a large shield enters the clearing. He takes up a defensive stance facing the portal and placing himself between it and Talana.

"Stay behind me m'lady in case something has come through"
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana lets out a slight yelp as the new Elf walks forth and she begins charging magic in the palm of her hand. Addressing the Elf, she demands of him*

"Who goes? Identify yourself immediately..."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"Farak'an'Gal, Son of Gal'an'Teir, Defender of Carthen, and friend to the Pheonix. I come to ofer my aide."
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana gives him a curt nod and looks back to the portal as she addresses him.*

"Please stand back behind me, Good Sir, as I am unfamiliar with you and your talents and I do not believe your sword is what is needed at this time..."
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Sprawling backward as she is suddenly looking up at a giant armor clad man boasting loudly above her. There was a woman's voice in the mist, but everything was happening so fast the girl felt bewildered and shocked. Was this man a knight? Wasn't he too thin to be a knight? He did seem inexplicably familiar...

The girl inched backward along the stone before the gate past it's arch and hid behind it her small hands clutching it tightly for protection.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"You there, Identify yourself," Farak commands as he steps backwards to be next to Talana.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Realizing that the figure is just a girl and seeing the girl's frightened state, she immediately dispels the magics that had formed in her grasp and looks to Farak, speaking softly:*

"Brother Elf, please allow me to handle this... I believe the girl to be frightened. Stand at the ready in case anyone would seek to do her harm, but please stay here as I approach her..."

*Turning from Farak, she holds her hands outwards from her sides to indicate that she is unarmed and not wielding any magics, and speaks softly to the girl*

"Young one... do not be afraid... we are not here to harm you, but instead protect you and the people of this town. My name is Talana and I am..." *she pauses a moment, uncertain of how to describe her role* "a keeper of sorts... and I am currently here to ensure the safety of those who mean no harm... please come forth and speak with me, will you?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

A soft voice calls out from behind the gate gently pleading, "Please don't kill me. I'm looking for some people... they said they'd help me." She slowly peeked out from behind the stone looking at the light of Talana's boom with white knuckled fear. "My name is Sarah. Is this... Haven?" she asked.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"Sara...of Winter Haven? I am one of the good people who pledged his assistance when you ran across these people in the cursed lands of Vaunephasuak. How fairs your brother?"
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

At first she seems taken aback by Farak's sudden boast and she does a double take at Talana and at him trying to see through the mist clearly. Suddenly her face brightens as she recognises the man, and she smiles broadly at him and at Talana. She releses the stone ring and almost pounces Talana hugging her tightly and feeling releived. "Yes! I am from Winter Haven. I am so happy I found you so easily. I thought for sure I was being tricked. But now, I have found you again!" She gestures for Farak to join them.

"My brother...?" she slumps as she utters the words.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Already having distinguished the magics, she now looks between Sarah and Farak, immediately taking herself out of the discussion to make the girl feel at ease with the other Elf in this new and strange land, but listens intently to the conversation and keeps a weary eye for anyone else that may be around, invited or no. As the girl steps forward and hugs her, Talana squeezes her gently and kisses the top of her head to reassure her, but remains quiet to listen to the exchange.*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Farak’an’Gal
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Farak’an’Gal »

"By the sound of your voice I fear it is not well. This is not the place to have such discussions. M'lady, is there somewhere we can all go that may be a bit safer?...oh excuse me m'lady, my maners have slipped of late. This is Sara of Winter Haven. I did not catch your name"
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Speaking more formally now that the danger seems to have passed, Talana turns and introduces herself*

I am Talana Isilisurë, daughter of Jelondrian and Uranarana Isilisurë of Melanyë. I am also a member of The Guild of Thunder, as well as the Governess of Prince Morad.

*Talana looks at Farak to see if he recognizes any of the names*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer