August Event 2006

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

Admittedly, I was sick of hearing people bitch out-of-game.

Even though I saw it as Ming overstepping her bounds in approaching The Phoenix and Woden with her concerns of townspeople eating around dead bodies and Amagus using undead as minions, I was admittedly frustrated beyond belief out-of-game as well as in-game.

One of my pet-peeves is when people talk up-and-down out-of-game about what they hate about this or that in-game, yet do nothing about it in-game. So, I did something about it - pisses me off that it had to be me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah that is really my issue. If you have an issue IG and feel your character would as well then you should probably do something about it
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

It truly amazed me how many people vocalized, "Its about time someone did something about that." Just goes back to my previous statement - people are lazy and want someone else to take care of them, make all the decisions, do what needs to be done, etc ...

That way, when something goes wrong, they can't be blamed.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That is true in real life and in fantasy.

I really do not like it in ether. I recently had a moment where I decided that I am taking actionon many different things I see problems with in real life. Feels good :)

Now as for our game it is fantasy. BREAK OUT! Just go do it.
Chris
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

#1 - People are doing things about Amagus. Not every time someone does "something" does it mean that it's killing the person or extraordinarily overt.

#2 - Your "excuse" that you did nothing as a Hell Fury Dwarf about a Necromancer in your town because you were conducting an Out Of Game experiment is laughable.

#3 - Not only did YOU not do anything about Amagus, neither did anyone in your Guild, nor Corbyn, who WAS Duke at the time.

#4 - If it's an IN GAME problem stop whining about it out of game. Handle it in game.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

A few details that I feel need clearing up.
1) The only reason Amagus is alive is cause no one will let me kill him.
2) The only reason Kels is alive is cause no one would let me kill him.
* Granted that one cleared itself up through good RPing.
3) The GM's should never tell a PC how to play there character. Thats been a basic rule since day 1.
4) IMO playing a (series of) character(s) with no care about life or death is bad RPing as well unless your playing a zealot. In real life you care, and a simulated world you should care. Just cause its a fantasy game doesnt make you a lemming.
5) Finally, the thought that an entire guild would die off, and come back with a grudge and try and kill the first group is moot. It hasnt happened, and I dont think it will. Dont make IG judgments based on a far fetched OOG possibility.

Its called Role-playing. Deside how your character would react and act accordingly.

~fin~
Tullus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tullus »

Yes, Ravinal and Tullus have entirely different personalities, and Tullus is strongly anti-establishment – any establishment. He’s a loose cannon that must be reined in, brought under control, and used to further… Oh. OOG discussion, right?
Yeah right, Amagus'll never learn how. :P
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."

-Mark Twain
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

*soft smile* Some of us have been trying to do something about Amagus... until Donovan made us talk to him and find the Light in him. >.< Stupid eternally optomistic character bent on seeing the good in everyone...
Faerykin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Faerykin »

:lol:

Donovan told Ming to find the good in Amagus - never once did it cross her mind to sit at a table across from him, with a skeleton laid out between them, and have a little chat.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Fine, fine. I guess it has come to the day I have always dreaded. Since I already have the hat and chair, everyone can just elect me the Phantaran equivalent of Pope and I will lead you all into the Light with my Holy Order enforcing Haven's will across the land... :D

I must say this is the best thread I have seen on this forum. I believe the diversity of perspective and the RP options speak exceedingly well of the political and economic systems we must contend with in order to survive.
I am proud to be a part of this game. Obviously there are huge ranges of RP skill and ability or willingness to commit time and OG resources, and everyone has their perspectives (elitist or not) on what makes for a great LARP experience or what characteristics make someone a great LARPer. Because of this, I personally don't have much patience for people bickering about some folks only playing with a certain group, or bringing back characters similar in construction to the one that just perished, whom they obviously enjoyed playing. To each their own. Everything else just adds OG drama which hurts the experience for everyone.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

And what better way to ensure obedience to your Holy Order than with the promise of destruction via a wave of undead should your constituents fall from the Light? Or better yet, sentence heretics to Amagus to be subjected to the horrors of their blasphemy – which in turn fuels the undead forces lending credence to those fire-and-brimstone speeches. Win–win for everyone!
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Corbyn wrote:Obviously there are huge ranges of RP skill and ability or willingness to commit time and OG resources, and everyone has their perspectives (elitist or not) on what makes for a great LARP experience or what characteristics make someone a great LARPer. Because of this, I personally don't have much patience for people bickering about some folks only playing with a certain group, or bringing back characters similar in construction to the one that just perished, whom they obviously enjoyed playing. To each their own. Everything else just adds OG drama which hurts the experience for everyone.
What you're not hearing from most of the rest of the people on this thread, Vince, is that those who consistently choose to play with only one group (and some who even shun others), as well as those who just bring back in the same character reincarnated DO harm other people's roleplaying experiences with their OOG decision to not accept the termination of their character.

However, as I've also stated this isn't something that should be "rectified" as people have the right to enjoy themselves. In my opinion it sucks. But I accept that it is an inevitable part of gaming. And I have no desire to indict specific people for doing it, I only listed a small percentage of people who I feel DON'T do it. I don't think there's anything elitist or nasty in doing so, nor is it meant to create drama.
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)
Grimm
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Grimm »

Amagus wrote:And what better way to ensure obedience to your Holy Order than with the promise of destruction via a wave of undead should your constituents fall from the Light? Or better yet, sentence heretics to Amagus to be subjected to the horrors of their blasphemy – which in turn fuels the undead forces lending credence to those fire-and-brimstone speeches. Win–win for everyone!
*giggle* I love you, Doug.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

I played one of the evilest pc’s in the history of larp for nearly 10 years. I lived and died by the sword; no job was too cheap, no act was too evil. When I died I wanted to start a pc who was a good guy, and wanted to get in with the other main ‘group’ of people. Six months (events) after playing my new pc, I tried to join them. Up to that point I had been completely independent. I had joined no guilds and no houses. Every single time members of that group needed help I was the first to jump up and offer my aid to them. When I finally decided it was time for me to try to breach their clique, I was COMPLETELY rejected. They didn’t want me. When I looked around for people to join only one group would have me. In the end after nearly a year of playing my new character I joined the same damn group I was in when my old pc died. Within 2 events, every good act I had done was erased and I was branded evil. To date nearly 3 years later I have never committed one evil act as that pc. Only when I left that group as my new pc did the ‘other’ group start to play with me.

My point is sometimes it doesn’t matter what you want or what you do or how good you rp with people. If they do not trust you oog it is hard to rp them learning to trust you in game. Only when it got to the point that there really wasn’t anyone else they could ask for help did the ‘other’ group really start rping with me. Then they saw my pc and were like “hey, soco is playing a good pc,” then they finally let me hang with them. But even so, I am always the outsider, at least that is how I feel. Sure because there is NOONE else the are forced to trust me to some extent, but because of who my oog friends and such are they always treat me a little different. We never seem to connect in game on the same level as they connect with the people they know better oog and actually hang out with between events. I really feel I am only now out living the stigmata of my previous character’s deeds.

Sometimes people have trouble for other reasons joining another group, especially when your oog friends are right there with open arms. Chatting with you, helping you think of a new character to play, encouraging you to keep playing when you’re down about loosing your favorite character…

Eric T has already stated in this very thread he does not like Eric R, do you really think he would EVER play a PC in T’s group? Or vise versa?
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

O O I was thinking that it is hard to come in as a new character and not RP with the Muskegian people since they make up half the game. :)
Chris