The Missing Groom

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

The Missing Groom

Post by Eilonwy »

"Besides the thieves of the other night, another thief has stolen from these lands. And more specifically from a young woman who has suffered this theft lifetime after lifetime. The groom of Saturday's wedding, Clover, is still missing.

Considering the recent treachery of Lord Malcolm against the one he claimed he would never harm, we can only presume his jealousy has run its course with Clover. If there is any hope, and even with none, I wish to find the young man, no matter his condition.

Is there no one who saw him before the wedding? And will anyone come to search Malcolm's holdings and scout the area or gather information? I ask as a friend to any who would answer. "
*a deep breath, and then the shoulders slump wearily*
"The Rose quest has ended in tragedy. Again. If this cannot be healed, at the least, Lady Rose deserves closure..."
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

*Looks up from his work table, where a number of living and expired beetles are pinned in place.*

"Sounds like this issue has quite a history associated with it. Perhaps clues may be found there. What can you tell me of this 'Rose Quest'?"
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Wondering in the inn Lady Rosamund over hears the two people talking. Walking up to Eilonway and Amagus the lady dips in to a deep curtsey and says “I hope you both fair well. It seams as if I am in need of something to do. I may be of aid if you wish my help.”
Last edited by Lady on Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I can go as well.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

"I don't know what help I can provide but I would like to assist anyway possible."
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Delayne overhears the conversation and walks over on her way out of the inn. She nods with understanding at Eilonwy's weary expression. "Ahhh...a face that echoes my own."

"I may be of some assistance if we travel into the woods. I would be happy to aid you, you whom have always offered succor when I have needed it."
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"I would also be happy to accompany you. I am to understand that Teela was poisoned on a similar mission. I travelled to Lord Malcom's maner to investigate, but we found nothing. I offer my humble services upon this inquery." Sen says with a bow. Quoth, the large Raven, sits perched upon the Valkyn'vi's shoulder.
Travis Cole
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Studying everyone in turn, eyes meeting Delayne's own with quiet support, and finally, smiling softly at both Sen and his raven.*

"I am very grateful for this. Perhaps, if we can travel to the manor one more time, even though it has been searched and ask any who live near it and Haven about Clover...Shall we go, my friends?"

*To Amagus.*

"Perhaps, when we return I shall tell briefly of the sad history thee speak of to any who would wish to know."
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Yes I think that is a good place to start. May haps we should check her mother home once more as well?
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"Yes, I would like to check the Lady Ivy's home for a trace of the so-called poison that was administered. It may grant us a clue." Sen says with a humble bow.
Travis Cole
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

If we can find some of the poison I may be able to tell what kind it was. If i can do that we may be able to find where it came from. and thus find something out there.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

Laura turns to the group and says,
"Shall we than set out to Lady Ivy's and see what we can find and go from there?"
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

Scholars, healers, and a cook. One would think that you would want a good sword arm to travel with you. Conveniently enough-

*Olan stands, adjusting the twin swords on his belt*

I have two. If you don't mind, Eilonwy, I'd like to come with you to help ensure the your safety and the safety of those who go with you. I understand discretion and diplomacy, and do not believe I should hinder your efforts.
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

Laura smiles in greeting.
"That is a fantastic idea. who knows when trouble might come. I can not speak for everyone but I for one am happy to have you come along."
~Henry David Thoreau~
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Looking over her sholder the Lady asked are we going or are we waiting for someone........Looking at the people standing around.......shell we.
Last edited by Lady on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)