Returning to Haven

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Returning to Haven

Post by cole45 »

Sen stands at the edge of the portal, and with deep sigh passes through the portal. The Landscape of Haven had not changed drastically in the time they had been gone. Quoth squawked from his cage, his feathers nearly grown back over his wound. He still wouldn't fly. Sen was not sure he ever would.

As he pulled his little cart down the path to the Inn, he thought about the place they'd just left. The bound spirits were mostly free. Jessica, the cook would be missed. Of course, that kitchen was a luxury compared to the cramped quarters of the Inn's kitchen.

He was happy to see the other three ravens alive and fed. He'd not asked anyone to take care of them, and he was not sure they would be fed. But they looked fed enough. It took a lot of effort to replace his wares in the small space he'd been afforded, but it takes time. He placed Quoth's cage up by the rest of the birds. It had been a long trip, and while Haven had not been his home for long, it was missed.
Travis Cole
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

Once through the portal, Amagus turns immediately to the others.

“A tally of the artifacts acquired is needed at once! Study must commence immediately to determine how they might best serve us!”

And then to Corbyn. “The lack of a formal announcement of your… condition… is most disconcerting, my Duke. Your Lordship may find the loyalty of his subjects degrade if they do not understand the nature of your transformation. All ready are there mumblings of alarm and distrust.”
Death is the threshold to immense possibility
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn walks through the portal with Gin, Xavier, Atreus, Shea, Corbyn...upon hearing Amagus's words she just looks at him and with a mischevious grin.*

You know luv, some could say the same of you, me, or quite a few people here. It wouldn't be Haven without that type of thing goin' on.

Oh, Elder Corbyn is not a Duke anymore either.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

"My role.." Amagus returns with a similar grin, ".. is not dependant on the allegiance of others."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea thoughtfully looks at Amagus, and then at Kidwynn*

Elder Corbyn has talked with many about his condition, but I agree a formal explanation to Haven would set people at ease. I think it's a rather exciting. I'm happy for him, but he should be the one to explain it.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Dwarf

Post by General Maximus »

*A war torn Dwarf steps from the portal, looks around. The Dwarf raises an eye brow when he hearing Amagus. Turning to Amagus*

So, this is Haven. I still have not had a chance to meet Donovan, the one who leads this town. Might you introduce me to him?
moonstone
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by moonstone »

The wind blows telling of things to come and word spoken. What will come next and who will it bring. Only time will let us know. May hope it is a gentler wind then the one of yesteryear.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

*Talana looks up, her face twisted in relief and concern as she does a mental check of those who step through the portal, greeting Nathanael, Woden, Donovan, the Ga'Vin tribe each with a warm smile and an invitation to sit and have some hot stew and ale. She hurries around making each feel comfortable and looking in the direction from whence everyone came, still waiting for others to come through long after it seems everyone has returned.*

*Still looking around amongst the crowd, she makes her way to Donovan to let him know that Prince Addison is safe and to let him know where the boy is at the present moment. After looking around a bit more, Talana looks at Donovan worried:*

"Donovan.... where is Atrum...?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun's soft voice sounds from behind Talana. "He was made without body, a situation I am working to mend." The face of the storm elf is as impassive as ever, but there is a deep weariness in her features.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*The tribe step thur the passage with DewBerry and Ogrom in the lead. Pugo has two heavily cloaked large figures with him. He hasten them out toward the Northern side of town. And his face is calm and relaxed form all that he has seen. He does not stop to talk to anyone. As he leads the two cloaked figures with him he nods to Vaun, and than to Talana. Than They make their way out of the town into the woods.*

"Vaun I take Onxy and Jaduis out to the red rocks. I think for now it best to help them learn who is town and the area."
Amagus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Amagus »

“The Preceptor is but one of Haven’s Lords, Master Dwarf. Duke Gravesbane here is another. This town is not as cohesive as one might hope, though it’s Lords at least are capable of cooperating with one another.”
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana looks between Donovan and Vaun confused*

"Without body...? What do you mean? His spirit is captured somewhere?"

*She looks to the Preceptor and the Storm Elf for some clarification, then over to Nathanael to see if he can add anything to the conversation to help her understand.*
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Lao
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lao »

*Lao quietly speaks up from behind Vaun*

"He is dead for the time being."

*Lao then turns and unless stopped heads off with Pugo and the 2 large cloaked figures.*
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

*Talana reaches for the table to her left slowly and rests herself there, while looking down quietly for a few moments, before looking back up to Vaun and Donovan and asking with a pained look on her face:*

"What happened to him...?"
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Lambic looks up from behind the bar, where he has already begun the process of unpacking.

"The list of names that is the fallen heros of Haven has lengthed greatly these last two moons. Most of these newly fallen are Pentaguishines doing. He and his host of Frostfellians marauders. Of the 4 Havenites we went to rescue, only one returns home. *He points across the room at Kels.* Two have died, Grok and Gideon. One has appeared to turn on us and taken another with her. The list of friends who will not be returning to the haven is not something I or any other amongst us will soon forget."