Aid and Friendship

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Aid and Friendship

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*stands up and announces to all in the Inn during the busiest times*

"Good day all, my name is Ian McAllister. Some of you may know me, others may not. I am a member of the Phoenix Guard,a member of the House of the Crescent Moon, and supporter of Duke Corbyn."
*breath*

"I have talked to a few members of town and heard a few conversations here and there. I realize there have been many new arrivals in town and many upheavals in current positions and posts in Haven recently. All this I have been noticing has caused many people to listne to many rumors, whether true or false and mistrust many people and organizations."

"I am not here to praise either Duke Corbyn or the House of the Crescent Moon, I am here to offer my help to those in Haven that are currently Guildless, or even just lost. I offer what advice I have to give, or an ear to listen to any problems you may have. I have talked with some people that are currently Guildess and mistrusting or not knowledgable enough of current guilds to wish to join one. I have offered my assistance in helping them start their own and hopefully by doing so joining and assisting fullyin the well-being of Haven. Any who are interested may talk to me privately or publicly, whether it be about the potential new Guild, or anything else that may be bothering them. I will answer all I can as truthfully as I can and do whatever is in my power to assist in helping with any problems."
*breath*

"Thank you for your time, as I said any questions for me feel free to ask now or later in private.. as you wish".

*Sits down at a corner table*
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Aislynne peers from corner waiting to speak with Ian when he not so surrounded. She has fought beside him and finds him to be honest and she believes him to be a friend. She thinks her gaze attracts his attention and motions him to come to her. She mouths the words ever so slowly and silently, .

"I must speak with you"
If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*sitting at the table appearing lostin thought.. he see's her look, get's up from his table and approaches her..*

"Good eve, Lady Aislynne.. is there something that troubles you?"
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

"Sir there is much trouble brewing in Haven".

Aislynne is sure that she will say too much but the Ale has clouded most thought and she gives little care now. She remains to keep enough poise to stand straight and speak softly to Ian she wants not the whole inn to hear their conversation as she wishes not to be brought to trial for what could be construed as treason.

"Please forgive me as I mean no disrespect, but I have heard much rumor of the Duke and Dutchess and I yearn to learn more of your leader. All I seem to hear is of his incompetence, yet I know he must have skills of a leader to have made it in these times and in this place thus long"
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

"Trouble brewing around here is an understatement.."

*looks closely at Aislynne*

"what say you we sit down over here and talk about what is bothering you, and I shal answer any questions you wish to the best of my ability."

*leads Aislynne to a table in the corner, for privacy if she wishes*
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

"I should think that by acting secretly would show I was plotting against the Duke. THat is not my wish. I just long to know the truth..."

Aislynne leads Ian to a table not far from where they were sitting. As she sits she gathers her skirt and while trying to sit ever so elegantly she fall into the bench. Trying to cover her clumsiness, she begins her questioning:

"Does my friend have examples of the Dukes leadership skills, and why is he so loyal to the Phoenix guard. Mind you there are many on the guard...well were on the guard".

Aislynne pauses briefly thinking of the events that came to split the once powerful guard.

"Well anyhow, curiosity has gained the best of me I suppose. Should I overstep my bounds my wish is that you should tell me".
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

"there is little you could say, if anything that would overstep your bounds with me Lady. As for the Duke, I am afraid I have little practical knowledge as I have only been in town for less than a year.. but from my observations the Duke's main problem lies in dissension over his rule here in Haven. His decisions are constantly berated, although I believe he does the best he can with the information he can glean from those who do help him, and I trust that he has all our best interests at heart."

*pauses for breath*

"As for the Guard, have no fear of us Milady, we have been through many trials in our lives and this is but one more.. perhaps this is the one where we fail.. but it shall not be for lack of trying.. it is our duty to protect, and even though there are those our there that think ill of us, or think we have grand ambitions I can honestly say to you that we have no ambitions in Haven other than the continuation of it's existence.. As for our preceptor Lord Donovan I have known him many years.. since our Academy days and while his ways are sometimes clouded he to I have full faith in. I have and always will trust him with my lofe, and that he will do what is right.. even if people may not agree with what he does.."

*another breath*

"From what I have witnessed here in Haven so far I can understand why people may distrust us, and I feel quite sad at that.. for we merely just wish to do our duty.. As for the relationship between the Duke and our Preceptor.. from what I know it has developed from when Donovan first arrived in Haven.."

"I hope I have not bored you with my long-windedness? If there is more you would wish to hear just ask and I will answer to the best ofmy ability."
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

"I thank you, for your information and for some clarification. I cannot speak for all of haven only myself...as I have not had problems with anyone from the guard personally I know there have been problems with others I consider very close...I hope to continue my friendship with you and others I have spoke with, and hope you all remember the honor that brought you together in the first place, as I would hate to see it blemished for pride".

She sits back leaning against the cold stone wall, all this talk has made her very weary but she is releived to have at least part of this of her chest. She grabs her mug of Ale. Forgetting her manners she takes the Ale in one strong swig and finishes it, the wipes what is left on her lips with her sleeve.

"Should you need my assistance in anything, all you must do is ask".
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

"The same goes to you, Lady. If there is ever anything you wish to know, merely ask.. besides *pause* I always love a chance to talk to a beatiful woman such as yourself!"

*grin*
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

Thank you for the time and the kind words...no matter how twisted the vue.

Aislynne then stands up and starts towards the door, as she is leaving she looks over her shoulder to look at Ian, then back to the door and continues her leave
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*as Aislynne's get's up to leave*

"Twisted view, Milday.. I think not. Merely the keen observation of an intelligent man, if I do say so myself. Beauty such as yours is rarely found nowadays and I would hate to see anything happen to you.. so please be careful, and as I sadi if you ever have need of me, all you must do is ask."

*with that said gives Aislynne quite the mischevious smile*
Nothing can save you!
Aislynne
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aislynne »

When Aislynne had turned to look at Ian as she left she caught the evil smile. Trouble that one is, she thought to herself. She knew she had more questions but just was not sure where to start. I will find him in private later to talk more, until now the information given will have to surfice.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*As Aislynne exits the Inn, those inside can see Ian sit back and sigh almost contendly*

"At least some people are willing to ask questions before judging.. mayhaps all is not lost in this town yet."
Nothing can save you!