Another corner of the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Dallid
Deceased

Another corner of the Inn

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid and Arthos move to another corner of the in, so their conversation does not interfere with those of Robin’s audiences*

You may all ready be aware of this crisis, but its scale bears repetition. Haven’s farmers lament in the loss of local soil fertility. If this situation is not improved presently, the next harvest will likely be poor. This situation had been previously corrected by transporting soil from a worm infested area. Perhaps good soil can again be found nearby.

Likewise, the lake bordering the Fishing Village has emptied. Their main source of food is gone, as is their primary livelihood. Their food shortage is likely more acute than Haven’s, and idleness and desperation can promote evil acts. All ready the mood of that town has soured, and they may eye Haven’s granary with greed. Perhaps a party can be organized to investigate the lake’s source. Meanwhile, greater vigilance of Haven’s stores is warranted.

However, if these situations cannot be corrected, then new sources of food must be found – not just for Haven, but for the Fishing Village as well.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos eye's go wide when he hears the news and plainly this is the first he has heard of it*

You bring me ill tiding my friend, but action can be taken. I agree with you that we need to do something. This is what I suggest, You and I with a couple other people go to the fishing village to see what happened to the lake and see if the effect can be reversed. I'll check with Ug or Shale if they can come along. I'm good friends with the people in the Fishing Village, and I do not want to see any harm come to them.

As for the poor dirt, lets see if we can find the worms, take the dirt. I still have the flute. I will talk to the Phoniex Guard and have them scout the worms out.

Thank you for letting me know of this major problem.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid nods*

When you are ready to set out, you will find me here.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale pokes his head into the corner hearing his name mentioned as he was passing to the upper floors.

"Yes, Ug and I were there with Dallid in the party that found the lake dry. Though there are more dangers there now. A strange brood of huge serpents writhe under the muck and attack travelers. I have been afraid for the village being so close. Not to mention that we encountered Lord Malcolm and his hunting party on the trek. His huntsmen were quite interested in how Dallid's horn might look in a trophy case, and from what I have heard he claims these lands as his own and that what we thought was our Inn transformed he claims as his 'hunting lodge'."
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Indeed. And perhaps the muck of the lake bed will prove an answer to Haven's farming needs.