a new face...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Exits from Donovans office after hearing the commotion and walks up to Sen

"Not just a humble cook my friend, but a damn fine one nonetheless, speaking of which, might i trouble you for a moment of your time?"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

Slisk ambles over from across the Inn when he hears of the newcomer’s travels.

“Greetingsss. I am Ssslisssk – Ssskirmisher of the Kunapan Assscendancccy and currently a warrior of Haven. Have you, Sssoren, perhaps encountered any Lizardfolk on your journeysss?”
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Sen nods.

"Of course Voralen. You may have as much time as you wish. What can I do for you?"
Travis Cole
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea leaves and comes back with some water for Lady Rosamund, checks to be sure that she is okay and helps her take a seat. Then she looks around the room at Kels and Sen.*

So
animating dead bodies right here in the Inn was acceptable to you lads then??

*She shivers in discussed.*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*coming in from outside* *looks around*

"Now what has crawled up Kel's .. oh never mind. Good day all, I was wondering if anyone here has seen Atrum around.. I am looking for him?"
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*Soren smiles a bright smile with his broad face*

"Well it seems my presence may have strirred the pot a bit. I have a vested interest in seeing to the destruction of all who would make the dead rise and do their bidding. I lost a love, you see. She'll ne'er make it home, I'm afeared. She died about a year ago, but still she walks this plane as a puppet to a dark master. I knew not Amagus, of that I confess. I know his kind, the workers of his Art. They're naught but reprehense. I may've been rash to wish his death, but it is a reflex. I just hate Necromancers that much...

Sen, as for the grub...it is etheral. So much, in fact, it appears to be gone. Any chance of me bellyin' up to seconds?

*Soren turns his attention to Slisk*

A lizard man? I have encountered your kind. Briefly. Little is known of your people aside what your'n will tell. Seems the fear is lain 'round yer warriors. If'n ye be one, I best stay on yer right, yea?

Now good folk...where may a man find someone of substance in this place? A governer perhaps, a leader?
Laura
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Laura »

*Laura walks into the inn. She looks as if she has just come back from a long journy. She listened to what Kels and Sen have to say and she nods her head in agreement. She walks up to Shea and Soren.

"Hello my friend how was your trip back from Winter Haven?"

*She turns to Soren with a smile.

"Hello my name is Laura I am sorry to hear your sad story. What brings you to Haven?"

*She looks about the rooma nd sees Lady,Slisk, Ian and Voralen and gives them a nod in greeting.

"So what has been going on around here i am afriad i was gone longer than I was expecting. Can anyone fill me in?"
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
~Henry David Thoreau~
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

When people are otherwise engaged in conversation, a furry hand reaches up onto the table and feels around for a moment, finally swiping a utensil that is within reach.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Lady
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lady »

Ever so slowly lady Rosamund nods to Laura and where have you come back from????? (Her checks are very pale and she looks to be swaying on her set just a little.) A hand reaches under the table with a chicken lag. (For anyone under the table it is shaking just a little)
I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown.
-Homer,
Greek (800 BC - 700 BC)
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

Pleasure to be making yer aquaintance, Laura. Aye, my tale is a saddun, but don't pity me. I will prevail in my quest to shake that vile curse from my love. I do need to speak with your Regent, though. I have some questions for...

*Leaps up at the furry scavenger's presence*

What was that?!?
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

*Soren turns his attention to Rosamund*

M'lady, are you ill?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"Soren, no one hunger's in Sen's kitchen. I understand your dislike for necromancer. I mean, one did you wrong once. Of course, dislikeing an entire path of magic because one harmed you seems drastic. I have the scars of wlvwn chains upon my wrists, but I do not dislike elves. I dislike those who would hurt me. Amagus used his necromancy to summon the dead to fight for Haven. And it is a CONSTANT fight. it seems that everything in the world hungers for this bare spot that the rests here. Each time a zombie took a blow, it was one less scar for a Havenite. Each time a zombie dropped, it was one less burial for a Havenite.

I pose this question, which would you rather see destroyed, zombies or people?"
Travis Cole
Soren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Soren »

Sen, you're not going to change my opinion on Undead mongers just because you found one who made an effort to help his countrymen with his vile art. Saying I am embittered because you think one Necromancer hurt me once, that I have a chip on my shoulder. I do have a chip, a sizeable one, but it is not because of the actions of a single practicioner of the Blackest art. I have hunted undead for years. Every one of those twisted persversions of Life can be tracked down to something or someone that created it. Most of those creators are Necromancers. I think we all agree that no one benefits from anyone animating zombies. It is a slippery slope. If you allow that kind of thing, it is a matter of time before who knows what is allowed...murder over a dice game. Both happen, but neither are Right. I know all of you knew this Necromancer, and I understand he was your ally...maybe even friend. What I stand against is a practice, an act. I mean no person any ill. It is the act of creating undead. If we could stop that....I wouldn't care what a person calls themselves. As for Necromancy being just another road of magic...I suggest you spend a little more time around Necromancers. Trust me, in time, had he been allowed to live, that so-called benign magic would have twisted him into a thing unrecognizable to even his closest friends.

Now, if I can escape this inquest. What I was looking for is not here, none of this matters now. If'n ye don't mind, I'd like to finish my meal and drink me ale. I don't want any trouble from you good folk.
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

“The leader you ssseek may depend upon your purpossse. Haven’sss Warchief is Lambic. Th Elder Corbyn and Atrum, I gather, are cccivil leadersss. Atrum may often be found in thisss Inn, while the Elder isss usually at the nearby keep. But before you move to find them, I asssk that you tell me where you have ssseen my kind.”
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

"I'm sorry, I did not wish to make you feel like this was an inquest. I was defending the name of someone here. someone who helped us. someone who was murdered in the middle of town. It's a contentious point here. let us change the subject of conversation? What kinds of unusual foods do they have in your homeland? I like to keep a recipe book of things from far away places. Sometimes it helps make people feel more...at home. " Sen says with bow to Soren.
Travis Cole