Out of curiosity...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

If you would like Vaun, feel free to take my bed while I am away. Just promise me to rest, deal?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok nods to Vaun and begins speaking*

"I no know xactly wut you doing to See tings. I no tink we xactly Seeing same tings eitter. Sound like you See de future or someting? I no tink dat possible, but wut I do is talk to de spirits and dey help lend clarity about wut happenin' in you life. I talk de spirits and dey guide me... make sense?"
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

For a moment Vaun regarded Kidwyn with an unreadable look on her face. It was hard to tell what she was thinking, with those odd eyes and colorless features. However, she let a very soft smile grace her face, one that did not hold the coldness or bitterness which usually sat upon her lips. At last she bowed her head ever so slightly. "My thanks, Kidwyn of the Phoenix. Your offer is kind, and no small bit amazing to me. For all I can See, apparently the kindness of others is not one of them. I will accpet your offer, and seek the realm of dreams as soon as I speak to Grok of the Spirit calling."

She turned back to Grok, pondering her words. "I think you are right, and we See in different ways. I would still hear, however, what it is you think may be Seen of my present. It is not given to me to see my own path other than small snippets in dreams. I would be pleased to know what your spirits might know of my way."
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok nods and opens the black pouch, whispers into it, cinches the top and shakes it a bit... then flips the pouch over allowing the bones and bone fragments to drop where they may. Grok carefully moves the bones into a central location in front of her to analyze them, then begins speaking:*

"Well, dis prolly not gonna be too much a surprise, but you got lots of bones standing up on dere ends... dat mean you got many tings dat very uncertain for you right now. You use have direction and purpose and right now you no can see any dat..."

*Grok prods at a bone and looks up again*

"Dis bone here also mean dis your first time in you life when you gonna have make decision for youself bout stuff like dat... Maybe otters always guide you? Now you got no one instruct you how and wut do?"

*Grok looks down and surveys the bones once more*

"Good ting for you is dat dese bones not scatter far when I drop dem... dis means dat you centered... it not gonna take long for you find your way again and you must be strong, strong lady... even out her element."

*Grok nods impressed. She looks from the bones to Vaun, the points Vaun's attention to two bones piled upon each other.*

"Dese bones here show one last interesting ting... dey mean dat dere someone else who you mixed up wit now or sometime very recent. Maybe someone else you part wit lately? Or someone else here you already meet up wit dat gonna affect you? Hard to tell. I tink dat from dese bones it show dat maybe even you not know how much you already mix up wit dem... Ask me in anotter week do de bones again, maybe tings gonna be clearer."

"So, look like you got thrown into some place you not expecting to be... much like de rest us. Don't you worry, you gonna do fine." *Grok laughs at herself* "But I tink you already know dat. De spirits say 'Center youself, remember wut you always been taught, and keep true to dose teachings...' you gonna do fine and maybe you find way get home or make new home here."

*Grok looks over Vaun to see if there is any facial response.*

"Wut you tink? I See like you?"
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun's lavender eyes widened involunterally as Grok spoke, a kind of almost hope in them. It was only in those odd eyes that she ever really expressed anything at all, and presently they were vairly glowing. When Grok spoke of her lost home, she bowed her head, longing for that storm born island kingdom almost overwhelming her. However, she brightened as the shamaness continued, for there seemed hope in her way.

When at last Grok finished, Vaun smiled and began to reach out... until she realized what she was doing. She loked down at her hand and sighed sadly, remembering that it was her curse to never make contact with another. She settled for a warm smile.

"My thanks, Grok of the Spirit calling. SO much you have spoke is the truth. It is so that my life before coming to the Mainland was ordered, and I served in my Order, did as instructed, and questioned not. So too... I must now make my uncertain way in a land I do not understand with folk I cannot fathom." She sighed, but it was in tiredness, not despair. "I try to be strong, and I hope that you are right. I hope most truly that I can find that center which is the heart of me."

The Vau'An'Darian woman was thoughtful a moment. The last part of Grok's reading could mean so many things. Her glance drifted over to Atrum, and then to Incarious. There was the Dwarf, and his companion. All were known to her now, or had reason to be involved with her. Still, she would ponder Grok's words very carefully, seeking the truth in the Vision.

"You are a true Seer, Grok of the Spirit Calling. You have given me much about which to think... and much ease. I can hope that you are right, and that I shall at last find some small measure of peace here. I have been wandering for a very long time, it seems. It would be nice to have a place to call..." She looked out the window longingly at the stars, "...home..."
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok listens and nods*

"You want stay wit Orcs? We can answer you stuff about us and de otter peoples of dese lands, and we watch out for you."
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun looked from Grok to Kidwyn for some time, carefully concidering all of her options. She was, quite honestly, amazed by the offer by both parties. She had little expected kindness in Haven, and yet here it was. At last she regarded Kidwyn and gave her a soft smile.

"We have come a long way from where we were just a short time ago, Kidwyn of the Phoenix Guard. Where there was emnity, now I think there is common ground and understanding. This pleases me. It is also true that for the last several nights I have made my rest with the Phoenix, accepting your kind offer and protection. I think, so that I might widen my understanding of this Haven and its people, I will make my way with Grok of the Spirit Calling for this night." She inclined her head in a slight bow, and then turned to Grok with those odd lavender eyes of hers.

"I would learn the things you have to share with me, Grok of the Spirit Calling, and accept your offer this night. I know little of your kith, and would like to know what there is to know. I have also learned that in this strange Haven, getting all views on any given matter is a wise course of action." She smiled and stood waiting for Grok to lead the way.

As they neared the door she turned back around, her gaze falling on Atrum. "Remember well what I told you, Atrum the Dragon. The Wyrd stands, a shared understanding." With that, she folloed Grok into the night.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Vaun*

I can understand that. The bed is there if you need it for I shall be away for a bit.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Something is heard rustling outside one of the windows of the inn.*

*For those close enough to the window to see, watch Fy'Rin disappear in the woods as a group of Town Guard are making their rounds get to close to where he was listening to the conversations in the inn.*
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum looks up from the drink he has been staring into, startled at hearing his name, and his thoughts had been seemingly far off*

I will remember, Vaun'Ithily"in, I will most certainly remember. *Sly smile*

*Watches the 2 leave his gaze lingering on the door for a moment and then he turns and in a very jovial voice*

Who wants a drink?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos in full furs with his wolf hat on and a determined look in his eyes walks into the Inn. He looks dirty and travel worn and blooded in some places, but moves with a purpose. He walks up to Corybn.*

Sir, when you have a moment I need to clarify some thing with you on some trade negoations.

*Arthos looks around the Inn to see who is in there and when his eye's fall onto Vaun, Arthos gazes into her eyes, trying to determine something. He only stares for a brief secound. Vaun notices a glint of something in Arthos eyes before he turns from her and walks to the door*

Corybn, I'll be waiting outside for you. It is no rush, just when you have the time.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn stands, looking relieved for the distraction. He smiles at Arthos and speaks in a cheerful tone. *

Let's stretch our legs and chat Arthos, I hope that blood on you isn't from some hapless merchant you ate, and you don't need me to 'negotiate' with a posse of raging family members that followed you here. Atrum, could you hand Arthos a clean, wet rag so he can clean himself up and regain some modicum of decor? Kidwynn, please check outside and make sure the coast is clear. Hmmm, it occurs to me that with all the pirates in town, that coast is clear phrase is particularly appropriate.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Corbyn and giggles* I don't think Corbyn that some of the other more sea fairing folks are going to appreciate you refering to them as pirates.

I will go take a look outside luv. Just give me a few minutes and I will be back.

*She heads outside looking for any mysterious tracks. Shortswords out and prepared to fight if necessary.*
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos grins*

No my friend, some of blood is mine and that of some unfortunate beast that thought I would be an easy meal as I was hunting in the woods. Nothing that I could not handle.

*Arthos takes the rag and goes to the pump and cleans up. He makes sure the rag is clean when he gives it back to atrum*
My Thoughts

Aaron