Hero Points and interrupted skills

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Hero Points and interrupted skills

Post by Zydana »

If I were to use a hero point to reduce the time on a skill of mine, and the charge or time to use the skill is interrupted, do I lose my hero point?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Hero Points and interrupted skills

Post by Ark »

awesome question, on top of that I would like to ask If hero points are going to be made better and / or repop every event?
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Zydana wrote:If I were to use a hero point to reduce the time on a skill of mine, and the charge or time to use the skill is interrupted, do I lose my hero point?
Final Haven Rulebook wrote:These may be used at any time unless your character is dead, including positive life, negative life, poisoned, diseased, slept, etc.
The above emphasis is mine.

Assuming that 'spending' the Hero Point involves ripping the tag, as it is currently stated, you can spend a Hero Point whenever you want. As such, you should spend your Hero Point only after the appropriate charge time has gone by. If you decided to use it to speed up Healing (I don't know why, but lets just go with it as an example) you would begin your 30 second count. After 12 seconds, you would spend your Hero Point to complete the skill. That means that you wouldn't spend it until there was no time to interrupt the skill.

This being said, if you spend the Hero Point first, then wait and someone smacks you, you've been interrupted.
Ark wrote:I would like to ask If hero points are going to be made better and / or repop every event?
Information on Hero points and other 'skills' gained through level progression (like Perks and Life Points) will be released when we post the level progression updates.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Oo.. good answer!