Question about my Character sheets

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

and a "did you get my X" is always good.

:)
Travis Cole
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

and if you do find yourself having an issue with a particular NPC not taking calls, or "missing" calls please feel free to bring it to the attention of the GM's and they can have a talk with that NPC.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

While I mildly agree with the 2 LP for the dominate 3 V (for the price to damage ratio, I'd prefer another status effect, such as a fear or something), I've never had a problem with it working...though I'll admit I haven't used it much. I've used it on PCs and NPCs before (As a PC) without too much issue. I too desire that it could only be broken by a resist charm, but I think we have clarified that you cannot have it broken by someone hitting them with 0, they actually have to take damage.

I think JoAT isn't either OP or UP, it depends on what you want to use it for. It's nice to have the flexibility, but it's hard to miss out on a few of the higher level skills and the H&V skills. It'd find it more appealing if we got at least ONE master skill.

But I don't really have a huge beef with either.
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

Instead of warrior +1

-Lash Press back Cost:2LP or 15sec

or

-lash Fear Cost:2LP or 15sec

or

-Shatter Cost:1LP

or

-8 Crush(basic level potion) Cost:15sec

or

-Any other Ideas
ImageImageImage
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

lets try not to bring this thread back from the dead, or Dallid will smite you for necromancy :lol:

but i have talked this subject over on the side, and feel that weapon spec is an okay skill, and still has a place in the system :wink:
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I am curios why the master warrior version is different from all the other weapon bonus skills in that it disallows the use of a shield.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

my last comment

-making weapon +1 not stack able with Weapon Focus +1 makes the warrior master skill too common.

-there are 4 other lv.4 +1 weapon focus skills in the book, this makes the master warrior +1 weapon specialization not as unique.

-in conjunction with the previous statement, there are only two other master path skills replicated in disciplines and that is Recall and Sleep, well that makes 1 I guess, just recall, and ironically its in Seer.

-before 4's in a rulebook long ago Warriors could swing max dmg. 3 and to do that you needed to master out warrior and master out a discipline that didn't give you any useful NPC/GM/PLOT interaction skills other than to fight them (understandable as strong high DPS warriors should be that way) now with the new system the strongest version of a DPS warrior (A warrior swing 3's) can also double as a lv.4 witch hunter or one of the other more complementing warrior compatible disciplines.

-above what I'm trying to say is that by making warriors strongest damage obtainable merely by being a master warrior, you took away the cost it used to take when you wanted +1 damage above what all the other normal warriors could swing.

this is the last of it, and above is what I personally believe from my unbiased POV, I would rather do 4's.

Seer Recall is to strong.
ImageImageImage
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

n conjunction with the previous statement, there are only two other master path skills replicated in disciplines and that is Recall and Sleep

seer recall is the same a Guthrey recall.

This statement is so untrue that it is not funny.

Knight 3 (combat reflexes 3) is BETTER than the master warrior Knight 3.

Weapon specilization is close to two other dispines. both having weapon focus.

Sleep is not the same as empathy as it can not be done ranged. Apples to oranges. (is it over powered YES. Thats why it was taken away from assassin.

Parry is the ability from samurai.
Rage is in peasant hero lvl 4

those are just a few.

when we build we often look at lvl 3 and 4 discipline slots as close to the master path skills.
Travis Cole
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

I agree 4's are OP, but I also think that a warrior that doesn't have to spend any extra points to swing the highest damage as a warrior is also sort of OP and extremely unbalanced(if this wasn't possible it would still take a full 250 to get to swing 3's so the supposed most powerful warriors need to take a lot to get to).

This is all I know, I'm building my warrior character sheet without master disciplines, this grants me access to 2 lv.3 path skills, an still more skills after that on top of a soak near 40, so tell me that a warrior that could have disenchant, Banish, a high soak, repair armor, Regen as an essence boon, Regen in diverse training for a perk, and then take improved hold ground hold ground, super tank. full re-popping soak every 5min.

may not be a Lv.20 character sheet, but it is affordable, around lv. 52-54 I believe.
Last edited by Altearez on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

Knight 3 (combat reflexes 3) is BETTER than the master warrior Knight 3.
I don't quit understand what this means, the way I see it I would rather take weapon specialization and be a Lv.3 knight so I can swing 3's and still get the C.R.
ImageImageImage
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

I am curios why the master warrior version is different from all the other weapon bonus skills in that it disallows the use of a shield.
Weapon specilization is close to two other dispines. both having weapon focus.
HUH? Was that intended to answer the above?

I don't quit understand what this means, the way I see it I would rather take weapon specialization and be a Lv.3 knight so I can swing 3's and still get the C.R.
ANdI would rather be a warrior knight and swing 2 with a large shield and make your 3s a great deal less effective than the damage I am calling since your hit me much less

Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

ANdI would rather be a warrior knight and swing 2 with a large shield and make your 3s a great deal less effective than the damage I am calling since your hit me much less
A agree, but the point is that the strongest and most legendary fighters from all around can do threes, well not really, but 3's are meant to be the next level above just a warrior, now there is now level to get there you get 2's and 3's all in one level, at least make rage advanced then and give warrior a new master skill.
ImageImageImage
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

i belive at some point there was the idea to swap deffensive matrix and rage around, making rage an advanced level skill, and DM a master level skill.

dont know what happened there though. . .
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

A agree, but the point is that the strongest and most legendary fighters from all around can do threes, well not really, but 3's are meant to be the next level above just a warrior, now there is now level to get there you get 2's and 3's all in one level, at least make rage advanced then and give warrior a new master skill.
The problem with that is...you see swinging 3 in a single stroke...*the next level of badd ass". In fact the next level would in fact be surviving a contest against such a person, defeating them, and having taken little or no damage...because you had a better defense...

THATS the next level. TRUE warriors/soldiers/gladiators are ALWAYS looking at the most EFFICIENT way to win and fight again as opposed to doing the most damage no matter how much they take or if they are in any condition for the next fight.

Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

in a mechanical sense I figured that you would get 2's and then 3's consecutively, not in the same place for the same cost. 2's should not be as expensive as 3's if 3's are strongest, therfore making weapon focus a lov 3 skill.
ImageImageImage