Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Magic Items

Post by Ark »

i didnt want to jack another topic to deal with this :D

I recently read a post from Chris about making magic items be restricted to paths, disciplines, etc.

i am ALL FOR THIS

because no matter how you introduce items in game, who you give them too, etc. the always end up in the hands of 3-4 people. i understand this is mostly the PC's fault, however with the power of some of these items and if one person had them all, no matter the upkeep, it would be. . .bad/wrong.

so restricting them to paths/disciplines/races even as far as

"must be an advanced healer" or "must be a master sage"

would be nice, it adds a new power to them as well, as a magic item that could be used by anyone would be better than one restricted to a specific class.

could also produce a sage skill out of it :) the sage can count as a master level of any path/discipline for the purpose of useing magic items, must be decided at game on.

as we can see, lots of ideas, that produce a whole new level of game play, other than grabbing every magic item you can find so nobody else can use them.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

I completely agree with this, I personally think a simple low scale point system should be made to limit your Magic/Special items so that a character can only carry so much power.
ImageImageImage
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nice POST!

I must not have been clear.

We already have magic items that are path or discipline specific. When we came up with the alchemy/arcane system we created a bunch of these items and then actually gave them out to players who lost some of their power. Well at least we were suppose to. Then we were going to continue to hand out items through plots.

So I guess I agree with you as we are already doing it. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

GM_Chris wrote:Nice POST!
i cant tell if your serious or being sarcastic, just further reason there needs to ba a "sarcastica" font :lol:

i do relise that SOME items in game do this, the wizard and arcanist focus crystals, as well as some others, but i would like to see all magic items brought under this idea
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I dissagree that all items should fall under this catagory. For example a healing potion is a one shot magic item and I would assume you dont believe only certain people should use it.

Some items are general and some are specific.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

wich is why i said in the orginal post that some items could be general, even the strong magic items, it adds to there value. :)

though i dont consider potions to be magic items, as like you said there one shot deals