From the Dreaming

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

From the Dreaming

Post by GM-Mike »

After a while of fighting flying frogs and ballerina elephants, after seeing money dropping from the sky but always just out of reach, long after everyone had a chance to join the river otters for some fun, Far Reach can be seen in the distance with a certain shimmering about it. At first, not one thinks it is real but rather another dream simply taunting them, but still desperate to be back where things make sense, where dreams remain obtainable and nightmares remain deep within, people cannot help getting a closer look.

To some, the shimmer, the glow, the look is familiar, and it becomes clear to them that what they are looking at IS a dream, a dream caught at the river by the fisherman. Someone had wished to go home and this was their ride and they would sleep in relative safety tonight while the rest had to seek their own way home. To those who knew the fisherman, they had to wonder what this seemingly simple dream had cost, and was it far less than they themselves had offered the fisherman for their own respective dreams, dreams that may not have yet come to fruition?

But then, when everyone was suddenly consumed by the dream, when the ride was not for one, but for all, when eyes were opened and everything once again looked familiar, it became clear that the cost had been great...
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark looks around, he cuts himself to make sure that he bleeds and then begins to cry a little.

*sniff* "Im so happy to be back."
Scarlet
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Scarlet »

(OOG: Quick question....were you all transported to the Inn, the House of Chance....where??)
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

(I was wondering the same thing. Since I was asleep in Avangard before I awoke in the dreaming, does that mean that I am now back in Avangard?)
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

(im thinking here, and i could be wrong, i often am, that because we were looking at far reach, that we wake up outside the buildings, but i could be wrong, but Ark is outside)

Ark looks around and kisses the ground, he had been trapped in there for too long, and was starting to go crazy, he picks up his sword and gives it a swing, smiling, he looks around for anybody around.
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

(well if that's the case...)
Charlesk begins charging his sword.
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

Charlesk walks up to an ordinary building and tries to disenchant it... just to make sure it is real.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

(Paer' An' sits up and slowly looks around, as if wondering if this is just another dream. He carefully watches Ark cut himself and Charlesk try to disenchant the building)

Does anyone know where we are? I don't think I've ever seen this place... Is everyone else alright?
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark streches, and heads off in the direction of the portal
Drake Silentfoot
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Drake Silentfoot »

Drake looks around, pinches himself, thinks about pink elephants tapdancing, and when nothing happens he knows that hes back. "Its so good to be back!" He pulls three gold and five silver from his pocket, looks around, and then laughs to himself as he walks into town flipping a sliver piece in the air with his thumb.
"Well they said that either i cud be a town guard or dey wud cut my head off. Well DUH, of course i picked town guard!"
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

"Well, I am so relieved that we all made it out of that alive. I'm heading back home to Avangard, because they need me there. Good luck to you all."
Charlesk heads to the portal.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

The silent surface of the river near the bend where the fisherman was dreaming is suddenly disturbed as furious bubbles roll to the surface. Starting further out then making haste to the shore as a hand afixed with a strange gem breaks through and claws at the grassy bank trying to gain purchase whilst slipping back in the water until finally the form of a half drown dwarf pulls itself atop the bank coughing water feverishly before passing out on the grass and his legs still floating in the soft current.
Last edited by Onimaster on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Drake Silentfoot
New in Town
New in Town

While walking into town drake runs into golden, "Hello golden, how are you doing? You havent been here before have you?"
"Well they said that either i cud be a town guard or dey wud cut my head off. Well DUH, of course i picked town guard!"
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

I can't say that I have Drake... Perhaps you could guide me to the House of Chance? I'm eager to catch up to my new employer, the Elder Abaddon... Maybe you've heard of him?

Paer' An' makes sure that he still has all of his items and then waits patiently for Drake to point him in the right direction
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Drake Silentfoot
New in Town
New in Town

"Yeah i have, i work for him now as well, at least i think i do. Im actually kind of glad that i am working with a warrior such as yourself. You defended yourself quite well in the dreaming and i was very impressed. I think that in the future we could make quite the pair, i can use you, and i think that you could use someone like me as well."