The Tipsy Traveler Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*The door to the inn opens, admitting a bit of a chill breeze, as well as a one-eyed man unknown to all but Aurora. Obviously a Guthrie, not far into manhood, he carries himself with an unusual seriousness for one of that race.

He moves up towards the bar, and leans a steel-headed wooden warhammer against one of the empty chairs. Being near a Guthrie makes it appear suitably large.

Hopping himself up onto a stool sized for a human, he absent-mindedly pulls his legs up until they are crossed under him. Apparently a sombre Guthrie is still a Guthrie, it seems. *

"Hello. The name's Daine, Daine Ironfeld. ...Do you have more of that?" he says, pointing to the coffee Korrigan is pouring for Aurora. "It's been much too long without something warm."
Last edited by Marcus on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Following in Shortly behind Daine, Serith take a long look around, and sees many of the spirits behind the bar and gathers a wily looking smile as he moves up to the bar
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smiles*

Hi there. Has Mr. Abaddon Sir gotten you two and your group all settled in? I figured with needing to secure a place to rest and all I'd run into you both eventually.

*Extends her hand out for a friendly warrior-like hand shake.* I'm Aurora.

The coffee is actually really good an will warm you up. I don't have much extra in mine except something to make it a little less bitter, but it's better coffee then I normally get a chance to drink.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Gives a slight bow to Aurora

"No offense intended, but I am not much for personal contact. But know that I do appreciate the hospitality I have been given since I have arrived. And yes, the other villagers are doing well, they are now trying to find their place in a new home."

Looks back to the barkeeper Korrigan
"Excuse me sir, but how much for a strong ale for a well traveled newcomer?"
Serith Darkheart

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Grabbing another tankard from the rack, Korrigan fills it with coffee and hands it to Daine.*

"Daine Ironfeld, is it? Well met! I'm Korrigan Drochlann and this here is the Tipsy Traveler. Let's see here, the burly lad down yonder is Sethreal, the one over there with the white hair is Eilonwy, the quick-looking fellow goes by Ren, and you seem to know Aurora, so that should get you aquainted with everybody. Have some coffee, get warm, and be welcome."

*Korrigan then grabs a second tankard and fills it with the same Dwarven Ale that Eilonwy has been drinking. Making sure it has the proper amount of foam, Korrigan offers it to Serith.*

"First one's free, friend - and the second will only cost you your name and a smile. Folk around here seem to be awful short on coin, so after that I'll keep a tab and we'll work something out for resources later. This Dwarven brew will fit any man's definition of strong. Later, if you want something ugly, I'll tap the keg of Gutshaker I've got in the basement. That foulness will make a grown man cry, it will."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

When the young seer asks her question, one of the dwarves stops what he was doing, looking solemn for a moment. Then he answers in this way:

"We have not yet received word of any kind, but thier stoutness and their cleverness is unequal. They are almost certainly fine."

The dwarf then returns to his work.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Bows to Korrigan

I thank you sir, and I appreciate the ale. The name part is an easy one for me, Serith Darkheart...However the smile part is a bit of a problem for me...not one for much shows of happiness."

*Takes the ale and slams the frothy beverage in turn
Serith Darkheart

Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*A man dress in spiky black armor, carrying a shield, with a sword on his hip walks in. He looks around and smiles when he see's a dwarven bar keep. He walks over to the bar and takes off his helmet*

My good dwarf, I look for the owner of this Inn. I wish to speak with them about job opportunities. I have traveled these cursed lands for some time now and in need of a rest. But I know nothing is free, so I’m willing to work for what I need. And what I need is hot food, good drink, and a place to rest my tired bones.

*The man smiles and awaits a response*
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

The door opens again, admitting a young woman. As she sees the group assmebled in the Inn, she smiles, but it does not reach her eyes. Yet at seeing sugar and honey on the bar in front of Aurora, she looks hopeful and taking a deep breath approaches the bar.

"Nice crowd you see to be attacting, Korrigan. It bodes well for the future of your business. Not even open a candlemark and you've got quite the gathering! I come to beg a favor of you. Ren has managed to bring me some flour and I was wondering if I might have a bit of sugar or honey to make up something sweet for the children..." she blushes, as if almost ashamed to be having to ask for food from another.

Making her way towards a familiar face at the bar, she quickly heads towards Sethreal. "You'd better not be too drunk for my lessons this afternoon!" she jests with him.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora chuckles as she looks at Sethreal in awe*

I was just about to say hi to you Mr. Sethreal Sir. Esmerelda mentioned something about lessons with you and now I have a face to the name I've been hearing about. It's nice to meet you.

*She looks at Esmerelda*

I take it you're going to be needing my help this afternoon. I wanted to check out all the new places that are slowly developing. Mr. Korrigan acutally has some really good coffee.

*She looks at Korrigan.*

If you are interested I might be able to get a hold of some herbal tea. I'd be willing to give some of it to you. Call it a *pauses for a moment as if trying to come up with what it's called" oh what did they call it back in Silverthorn, oh wait a house warming gift.

Also, if you need some assistance unpacking or unloading a few things I would be more then happy to help you.

If you don't mind the visit once in awhile I wouldn't mind coming over here and meeting new people Mr. Korrigan and drink some tea or this coffee or whatever to warm up after lessons or helping out Esmerelda here.

*She smiles at Korrigan and sips at her coffee some more.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*The stranger looks at who come in and turns back to the Inn keeper. His eyebrows raise at the mention of children. He seems to be surprised at the mention of little ones and a soft smile cross his face*

It is good to hear that some places still manage to keep the little one safe. The little ones bring joy into this insane world.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at the new arrival*

Hello stranger why don't you pull up a seat. I recomend the coffee but I'm sure if you want spirits there might be a good recomendation for you.

I'm Aurora, Aurora Darksbane.

*Points behind the bar*

That's Mr. Korrigan. Then there is Mr. Sethreal, Mr. Diane, Mr. Serth, Esmerelda here, and down at the end is Eilonwy...who I think I've met before now but I can't seem to recall currently.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Sitting down in the offer seat, the stranger smiles*

Well met. I go by the name of Darkclaw. I will take anyting that is warm, either it by being hot, or if it burns my insides out. I'm not picky. It's better than drinking melted snow for sure.

So what do you call this place? And where I'm I? I have been wandering for some time now, and not really sure where here is.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Tucking a stray curl behind one ear, Esmerelda shakes her head.

"This is no sanctuary for children, much as I wish it was. The few we have with us are the survivors of a horrible attack. Many of them are orphans. Not a one has an complete family intact. But I try to do the best by them that I can. We had a long hard journey from the town once known as Haven to come here. Not that I'm exactly sure where here is, mind you, but it seems to be a bit safer place than the one we left behind."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

*whistling can be heard from outside the inn until is sounds like it is just outside the door. It stops and then after a moment the door opens and a figure walks in. It is a white robed man sized figure, who even though his hood is up one can see he is smiling After looking at the group before him for a moment he speaks in a very light happy tone*

Well Hi! I didn't know there was an Inn here.

*walks towards the bar*

What you got and how much is it?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.