From a first time LARPer(Nov'05)- Thanks

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Brago
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

From a first time LARPer(Nov'05)- Thanks

Post by Brago »

Hello everyone. I attended your event last weekend (November 5, 2005) as a first-time-ever LARPer and I wanted to say thank you. I came alone and I had planned to either do some limited NPC or just observe but when I arrived and met some of the people in the NPC shack (Wayne and Chris I think?) I was made to feel very welcome. I think it was Chris who gave me a quick sword fighting lesson and some basic information about the game and then introduced me to a gentleman who was playing a Scottish Dwarf character (I tried to remember as many names as possible but I had a hard time). They then encouraged me to jump right in as a PC and said I would have a lot more fun. Great advice! I got into my costume and they helped me come up with a quick character. My character was called Brago. If anyone remembers seeing me, I was dressed in a chainmail shirt and coif, deer fur around my neck, black leather battle kilt and black leather armor on my arms and lower legs. After getting dressed, the Dwarf said I could go with him into town and he would show me around. As soon as we got there he introduced me to a couple of people standing outside the inn and I talked to them for a few minutes. While talking to those people I lost sight of my guiding Dwarf and so I didn't really know what to do. I just wandered into the inn and was looking around. I guess I looked lost and out of place because a young lady (who later identified herself as Robin) asked me if I was looking for someone. I told her I was new to the town and was just looking around. She started asking where I was from and other character history questions and I did my best to rollplay along. I hope I did OK. She then took me outside and introduce me to a few other people who were part of the "Griffin Guild". I forget their names but one was a tall guy and said he was a pikeman. From there I just tagged along with them.

Anyway, that was the gist of how it went. I just wanted to let everyone know that, from my inexperienced point of view, you were all great. I really had expected to be either immediately gang-beaten or ignored completely but neither was the case. Infact, from the moment I arrived, I was welcomed by both the GM's and the players that I met. I had a good time and you should all pat yourselves on the back for being such a great group of people. You all made my first ever LARP a positive experience.

Special thanks to Robin and the Griffin Guild for taking me in and showing me around for the day. Thanks again!...........Jason aka: Brago

[/b]
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

We're glad you enjoyed yourself and hope you join us again. I remember my first Final Haven Larp and I personally think that FH has the nicest folks who really try to get everyone involved. I can imagine this particular one being difficult, since there was so much going on. :)
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

LOL, yeah I remember you for sure, that guiding dwarf was Woden, Todd's PC and he brought you to me Atrum, I talked to you for abit but I was already trying to juggle 3 things at once so I couldn't spend much time standing in one place. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, hope to see you back next year.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I didn't get to roleplay with you, but I sure as hell noticed your costume. I saw you getting out of your car and figured you for someone that had been used to larp with the GMs or at CARPs. I've only been at this 1 1/2 years. Must have just been how you carried yourself in the armor.

Glad you had fun, definitely hope to see you next event.
Brago
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brago »

Atrum, I remember you for sure. It looked like you had something heavy going on when we met. We fought together later in the day when we were trying to get the mithril and picture frame and stuff. It was a pleasure to have met and fought with you.
Lambic, thanks for the compliment. The costume stuff is my favorite part. I started buying stuff this fall with the intent of wearing it at the Ren Fest next year but then I discovered your group and I will hopefully be putting it to better use with you guys! I'm already looking forward and planning costume upgrades for the next event.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I'm quite sad I missed meeting you!
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

*Beams* I'm just glad you had a good time, mate. ^_^

The FH crew, players and GM's alike are all really wonderful people. I've been to a few other larps, and I have to say I truly feel we've got the best gang around. I'm just happy you had fun.

I was amazingly surprised to learn that you had never larped before, because you did a fantastic job. You rolled with everythying we threw at you and then some, so major props to you! We were so glad to have you, and very sad you had to leave so soon. WE Gryffins just feel honored that we got to spend as much time with ya as we did!

Can't wait to see you again next season!
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Atreus Darkwell
New in Town
New in Town

glad you had fun

Post by Atreus Darkwell »

Atreus Darkwell here, ( the pikemen) from the Griffyn Guild, I too would like to say I had a great time roleplaying with you, and it was a pleasure to meet you. you did very well for just walking in off the street. and that costume ROCKS!!!!.... hope to see you at the next event?.
Trust no one at your back not even your shadow