A tall order

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

A tall order

Post by Baxtor Warren »

an old half elf walks into the tavern late at night and removes his cloak. you quickly recognize Smitty, wearing a run down chain suit and a chain necklace and bracelets don his neck and wrist, and a black smithing apron with the cuts of meat of a magical horse upon his chest. however it appears there is a quickness to his step that shouldn't be there due to his age and a silver hue to his eyes that you haven't seen before. Smitty walks up to Korrigan and says.

"greetings good sir, it has been some time. I hear that your tavern has been rather product in my absence. i will be somewhat quick in my affairs here for i am unsure how welcome i am in these lands and i have a new master to attend to elsewhere. i am in need of some potions that i will either pay top coin for or i offer you my services, i have sever potions myself or i have my smithing which can be done in a form of payment, however as i previously stated i have a home to care for elsewhere. i have prepared a list of things i am looking for. *smitty hands Korrigan a parchment* i know it is a tall order but i have worked very hard in my previous life or my new to prove that i am a man of my word and i hold others to theirs. is this an order you are able to fulfill?"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

perhaps those that knew the old half elven crafter would recognize him.

at first he was laying in his normal spot near the door of the inn, but as soon as smitty moved to speak, it wasn't korrigan he was not met with, but none other than the tipsy traveller's furred head of security, the beastman Rothek.

rothek stared at the old man and leaned toward him trying to take in his scent, the beast blinked a few times before speaking.

"who you? rothek not know you."

After the beast spoke he snorted and yawned which came out as a halfway growl.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

looking down at the beastman, the crafter seems taken aback.
"oh, what is this, am i to be attacked in my old home? is someone here that will protect me or must i use my own potions. " a moment passes, "you there savage man of strength, i am no enimy and may in fact be a greater ally, stay your claw, and you may find a friend this day. if you growl, more than you will have lost, i will leave or fight, but ally no longer."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

rothek looked at the old man with yellow eyes, he was using words that the beastman didnt quite understand and it was really starting to annoy him! fortunately for smitty, rothek was more tired then hungry... however the thought of a midnight snack had not yet left his mind in case this person was going to at least try to put up a fight.

" you shut up now. people still sleep. rothek go get korgan. you stay."

:the beast eyed the old half elf before snorting at him again and turning around to trudge toward korrigans room, scratching a few times on the inn keepers bedroom door:
Rothek HowlingFang
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan strides out of the back room and, seeing the situation, puts a friendly hand on Rothek's arm.*

"Easy there, Rothek. He's just here on business. Thanks keeping a keen eye out, but I'll deal with this one."

*The barkeep takes the note from Smitty and looks it over.*

"I've got some of this in stock right now, and can likely have the rest in a moon or so. Do you want to bargain for what I've got, wait till I have all of it, or pass?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:the beast chuffed and then nodded at the innkeeper and turned to head back to where he had been laying before smitty had entered. as he passed smitty he eyed him and then snorted at the old man again.:

" okay, korgan say he know you, so you can stay, but not make any bad."

:rothek laid down watching the two men a while before he fell back to sleep:
Rothek HowlingFang
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"i will take what you have, and place a back order for what you don't. now as far as payment, would you like coin, goods, or services. i have a wide variety of my own potions that would make a wonderful addition to your shop."

Smitty looks at the beast man

"oh i never make bad, and i'm a man of my word."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Ohhhh...Are we trading stuff?"

Zeira comes down the stairs with his big book. It looks a little worse for wear but is intact.

"I have something here in this book that I think you guys might be interested in. It's a guide on how to make some special armor. Easy to find the ingrediants. I want to say it's the last copy of the technique for I have not seen another. Would that interest either of you fine fellows?"