"Help!"

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

"Help!"

Post by Malphus »

*Malphus the Tsunitaur, badly bloodied and half concious, stumbles into the bar. He takes a quick survey of the Inn to see who is left in town*

*Malphus cries to the air*

Help! I need a healer!
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Help!part 2

Post by Malphus »

*Malphus holds his side and cries out yet again*

AGHHHHGGHHHHH!

*Malphus falls to the ground unconscious*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Corbyn runs to Malphus and begins healing, checking for diseases, poisons, etc., and awakens him. *

Malphus! What happened!? Arthos, look down Malphus' trail and make sure whatever did this to him isn't nearby.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Standing near Corbyn and Arthos while they conduct their investigations very much on the alert now and looking for any trouble-makers.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

To Corbyn

Post by Malphus »

*Corbyn heals Malphus, detects no poison, or disease. Just a firm thrashing*

Lord Corbyn. Thank ye for coming to my aide. On my way to the Cresent Mountains I encountered a band of brigands. Frotunately, I wasn't too far from the villiage.

*appears exhausted*

Has my guild already left for their mission? It appears I will be available after all. by the by, Lord, I have stepped up research efforts regarding the Great Prophecy. Since I have not been able to reach the great library at Rhys, I will endavor to send a messenger falcon to Rhys with word to send one of the Great Tomes to me. By my honor, we will not let this thing prevail. We are built of firmer stock that that.

Is there any nectar lying about?

*slumps in recovery*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at Malphus*

Not all the Phoenix Guild has left, there are a few of us about. Let's see there is myself, Ug, Kabre....

The House however still has quite a few people about luv.

*She pauses*

So, tell me what have you heard about this prophesy? I know so very little and I'm...

*Looks at Corbyn and falls silent as she begins fidgeting with an amulet around her neck.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

prophecy

Post by Malphus »

*to Kidwynn*

Well, the prophecy is a grave matter, indeed. If what it spells out is true, which I believe it to be, we must attend to the warnings laid out in this prophecy.

*takes a deep breath*

We could stand to lose much more than we know.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn shrugs while still remaining alert.*

Already knew that luv, already knew that from what little I have been informed of.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Serious

Post by Malphus »

*Malphus leans in, his tone suddenly becoming more serious*

I can show you the whole of it, dear buccaneer. If you think you are ready.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn gazes into Malphus's eyes with an intense look. Voice a bit more serious then people have heard it.*

I have no choice but to be ready luv. I know the sign I was to look for considering most of the rest of this prophesy has come to pass. I can only hope that the noise I was to be on the lookout for does not happen...not yet....
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*After some time Arthos comes back into the Inn*

My Lord Corybn. I followed the blood trail until I came across the area where Malphus was attacked.

*Arthos looks down at Malphus with respect*

It looks he was attacked by 6-10 humanoids. I saw some blood going off into the woods, so it looks as if Malphus here hurt a couple. It seemed to be a vicious and chatoic battle. I found a couple crude weapons laying around, mostly tree banches shaped as clubs. It looks as if they thought Malphus here was easy pickings. They guessed wrong. *Putting a hand on Malphus shoulder and giving him a friendly squeze* I'm glad to see you in one piece my friend.

*Arthos gives a warm friendly smile to the group as he turns. He sits down at the bar and pulls out a small book and begins to write in it*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks at Corbyn and Arthos with a bit of mischief in her stare.*

Lord Corbyn, do you wish for Arthos and I to go and track these bastards down? Drag them in here as it were?
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Thank you Arthos. I agree with your sentiment Kidwynn, an assault on one of our citizens so near our village should not go unanswered. Arthos, please find Incarius and inform him of the situation, I would have his council on the matter.

Malphus, I am gladdened to hear that we may yet learn something of value in regards to the prophecy. I hope as well that the hour of opportunity to thwart the prophecy's fullfillment has not passed. When you are feeling better, I will accompany you to Elder Quetzel's home. I would like to see if he can put us in contact with any members of the order of scholars who has been seeking to stop the prophecy. We have only met one of them, and were told that others would arrive, but have not seen them to my knowledge.

*Hands Kidwynn a copy of the prophecy*
Here Kidwynn, I did not realize you hadn't been informed fully. Take a look at this, and let me know if anything strikes you. Pay particular attention to the last portent, which I believe (and pray) has not yet come to pass.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Accepts the document that Corbyn hands to her.*

I hope not, because if it has...then there are a group of people in some serious trouble right now.

*Looks around once more to see if the location is secure.*

As always Lord Corbyn my blades and all are at your disposal. If we have a few minutes m'Lord, I would like to read this right away so that I can fill in whatever blanks Donovan was unable to.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Private

Post by Malphus »

Lord Corbyn, may i speak with you alone

(see PM)