The morning of the event

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

The morning of the event

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG: it can be assumed that all parties are back by this time)

A young woman, perhaps twenty years of age, enters the inn, her face ashen, her body shaking slightly, and her eyes red, as if from crying.

She sits and tells no one in particular in a voice that seems so very far away, "There's a young man...cold...I think he's dead..."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid approaches, his every step measured and deliberate. “I would ask that you take me to him. Just within sight - you need not get too close.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Having wondered in that general direction to find out how the various scouting missions went, Aurora notices the conversation between the girl and Dallid.*

Dallid, might you need a little company?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid turns slightly toward Aurora.

“I will, yes. Thank you.”
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him*

Let's see who else we might be able to find. I'd like to see if Piece and Fell are available for a little scouting. I'm thinking my Uncle might not be a bad idea to grab either if he is available.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"How dead?" Abaddon says, appearing from behind. The Mage held his staff as a cane.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"That is one detail to be discovered." Dallid turns slowly back to the woman. "Lead on, if you would."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The woman nods, and with shaky legs stands and heads out the door, with Dallid, Aurora, and other curious folk, if any. The walk leads out of the refugee camp and away from others to a location that seems far less traveled than other places. When they reach the body, it is immediately clear that some care was taken to hide the body, though it was done so hurriedly. Perhaps a strong wind or recent rain had partially removed the brush or perhaps whoever had covered the body had not done as good of a job as they had thought. Whatever the reason, a leg protrudes from the brush.

On closer inspection, the flesh is cold to the touch, and it's clear that the body had been there a day or perhaps even two. Uncovering it further, the size and shape become all too familiar, and there is some apprehension that what was a nameless, shapeless body will turn into someone known, someone even loved by some. Indeed, when at last the brush is removed from the face, the body is undeniably that of Gol, killed it seems by a blade to the gut...
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at the body as closely as she is able (OOG: spot and scouting looking not only at the body but the area that surrounds it. She looks visible upset a little, upon recognition of who the individual is.*

Oh crap, Esmerelda is going to be heartbroken.

*She looks at Abaddon and Dallid.*

Can the two of you fix this and bring him back?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"More than one moon cycle of night and day, and it is nearly impossible to bring him back. The essence will have bonded with the tapestry. I say nearly. We could of course being him back the hard way. There is only one way I know of now to bring him back across the veil. A trade for life." Abaddon says.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora sighs*

I have issues with taking a life for a life. That spell just isn't right but I can't stop you all from taking that route if you so choose. It just goes places with magic I'd prefer no one go to for it's a darker place.

I guess all I can say for now is let's get the body and bring it to Esmerelda. We probably should have some sort of service and send him off as any brave warrior would want to go.

*She looks at the two pauses and wonders if they know what she is talking about.*

Funeral pyre. Ashes spread across the land.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid senses for traces of magic on Gol. He also examines the body carefully, looking for signs of trama beyond the blade wound, and approximate time of death. He also checks pouches and pockets (and the presence of footwear), checking for what Gol might yet carry upon him.

“Gol had made enemies in the past. He also possessed a nature that others might find frightening. Was this a deliberate assassination? A robbery? Or the unfortunate result of someone’s panic? We would do well to know the details of what transpired here.”

"Then... a pyre would seem warrented."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks closely at the body again herself (Mike I'm PM'ing you this). Afterwords she takes off her outer cloak to cover the body out of respect to transport it back to the Inn.*

We need to get him to Esmerelda so she is aware of what happened and also so arrangements can be made for the pyre. Perhaps a memorial or something in honor of Gol.

I didn't know him very well, but I heard stories on how he was able to get Esmerelda out of that Haven place. I also believe he is friends with Atrum. All I really remember in terms of my interaction with him is play tag...

....oh his little female friend is going to be so heartbroken as well.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid gives a solemn not. “He has been gone too long – no trace of his identifying essence remains.”

He laboriously rises to stand. “I can find no possessions, so perhaps he was robbed. I also see no signs he was involved in a struggle. It would seem he was surprised by the attack, and slain unresisting with this single wound..”

He looks around. “But his place is not heavily traveled. Perhaps the ground yet hold some sign of the attacker.”
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Dallid*

I already gave the area a once over. Only tracks that I can make out are ours and a pair I believe to be the young woman who came and got us. Anything else I can make out is a day or two old and consistant with Gol being here but there lacks a clear set of any other prints do to age and the current weather conditions.

*After wrapping Gol up in the cloak.*

Yeah I can't sense anything magical on him either. I looked at the body for any unusual marks consistant with all the activity that has gone on in terms of werewolf or vampire and nothing.

Whoever did this, well I'm baffled. Sure I have a theory or two like maybe it's a elf that remembered him from Haven but as you stated Gol had made enemies so it could have been any of them right now.

It dawned on me the name of the little girl, Em. If memory serves me correctly they were pretty close. If you want to lead Dallid, I can carry him back. I also think *she looks around for the girl* we should talk to the woman who discovered him a little further. Maybe she noticed something we missed.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman