INPORTANT SEASON QUESTION

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

INPORTANT SEASON QUESTION

Post by Ark »

i have talked with multiple peopl on this subject and have gotten SO MANY different answers.

-what are the advaned rules

-what are the heropoint skills

-what is the rule on heropoints
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Unless I am mistaken,

The Advanced rules were shelved.

Hero Points are still in effect and function as listed in the rules.

But Ive been dead for 2 years, so I could be out of the loop.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

also, ive been told the advanced rules if playtested are "invite only" while i understand this i dont like the fact that high level people getting more skills creating a bigger gap, if implimented EVERYONE of the correct level will get the skills, so why would it be playtested any different
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Advanced skills were shelved so don';t worry about the play testing.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Here's what I know about the advanced rules for this year.

We (WinterHaven staff) was given permission to playtest Phil's advanced rules this year. I am unaware if the FinalHaven staff wishes to playtest them as well.

The Advanced rules can be found on the WinterHaven forums here -
http://www.winterhavenlarp.com/phpbb3/v ... f=2&t=1043

Of course this is not written in stone and some of the skills may be tweeked before the season starts - they might be tweeked sometime durring - who knows!

As for "invite only" that is true as well. We have decided to keep the people with the advanced rules limited so that we can keep in close contact on how these rules are indeed working and if we do need to change how something works mid-season, it will be easier to contact a limited few rather than go through and make sure everyone who may or may not be of advanced rules level is aware of any change.

Mind you, I am not a GM and if a WH GM wishes to step up and either add something or correct me, then please take their word over what I just posted here.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Ark wrote:also, ive been told the advanced rules if playtested are "invite only" while i understand this i dont like the fact that high level people getting more skills creating a bigger gap, if implimented EVERYONE of the correct level will get the skills, so why would it be playtested any different
If everyone used them it would be a 'system wide change', not a 'test'. ;)
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Ark wrote:also, ive been told the advanced rules if playtested are "invite only" while i understand this i dont like the fact that high level people getting more skills creating a bigger gap, if implimented EVERYONE of the correct level will get the skills, so why would it be playtested any different
Because you have to TRUST the people you hand over playtesting rules to.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Just to echo other thoughts, the playtest is being handled by Winter Haven in collaboration with us. It is going to be a controlled playtest, and we will see what happens. Should we like the rules and want to enact them fully, then everyone would have access to them.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

all answers were what i expected, thanks for the info
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Wait a sec...

Ok if WH is playtesting some rules what of that characters come over to FH?

Shouldn't those characters be limited then to only be able to be played at WH ONLY then or have a FH version of said character and a WH version of said character.

Seems like to me this crossover character thing with the rules that one game is doing while the other game is shelving said item makes for the game being unbalanced.

So..someone wanna clear things up because there is already enough confusion between the two games as is.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

The play test will only occur at WH.

There will be no crossing of the play test to FH.

That's all I'm going to say for now, since it's Plot related.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That said, there may be a playtest at FH as well. You can be assured that whatever happens at either game, there will be communication between the two chapters.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Hey sorry to be doubter but I've seen first hand when things didn't go well between the two and all.

I hope that whomever is doing the play testing has it clearly stated to them or said individual that it is only for in this case the WH chapter ONLY and when FH tests stuff it's made the same at that point as well.

That's really all I have to say for now...
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Each playtester will have it explained fully what is expected of them.