Something dark...Something Elven...Something Friendly?

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Something dark...Something Elven...Something Friendly?

Post by GM-Mike »

A dark elf cautiously enters the inn, weapons sheathed, looking around the room. Those who know him know him as Laggy. Those who don't know him have this really small window of time to try and kill the dark elven bastard before Esmerelda (and perhaps others) tries to stop you...
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda smiles as Laggy enteres the Inn.

"Welcome back, my friend! I take it you've resolved what you needed to and have returned to take me to the remains of the Woodhold army? Let me get you something to drink, as I'm sure the journey here was not an easy one."

She goes into the kitchen and returns with a mug of warm tea and some freshly baked biscuits.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"Thank-you," he says, taking the drink and food. "And yes, I'm ready if you are and whoever wants to come. We'll almost certainly run into opposition near Woodhold, but I feel confident I can find the safest route. Still, a sword might be warranted."
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk snoozes in a chair seated next to the door having been waiting till esmerelda was ready to depart, snoring loudly, his hammer leans agains the wall next to him hanging over his shield and his ax rests in its sheath aside his platemail armor*
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Well, the group I was planning on taking were Trusk," she gestures to the sleeping orc, "Rhul, Fionna, Atrum and myself. I'm sure the others should be along shortly.

"You know Atrum, Trusk is good with weapons, we jest that at times Rhul himself is a weapon, although he's very well spoken as well, and Fionna is a healer. So hopefully we should have all our bases covered in case of an emergency."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum walks in to the main room from a back room of the inn with his armor donned and a black backpack slung over one shoulder. Poking through the backpack and pockets making sure he has everything*

Laggy, it is good to see you. It's been much too long.

*Atrum crosses the room to shake hands with him*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Laggy shakes Atrum's hand and smiles broadly. "Much too long indeed. It'll be nice when all of this over," he says, referring to much more than the current expedition.

He turns back to Esmerelda, saying "It sounds like a solid group for the task and I'm glad at least one of us will be well rested."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Yes, yes it will. *Atrum says with a tinge of sadness* I don't know if it will ever be "over". But at the least, until people can return to their homes without one threat.

*Turns to Esmerelda with a stern look set on his face. He unsheaths one of his short swords and holds it out for her to take*

It'll make me feel better if you at least carry it on you. I have another for Fionna if need be. A group this small may be able to move easier through the woods, but we'll need every bit of steel possible if we do encounter a patrol or scavengers.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As she sees his hand going for the sword, a small smile crosses Esmerelda's face.

Silently she takes it from him without protest.

"I believe Fionna has her own. But we can check when she gets her. I wonder where she and Rhul are?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Walks in and sees Esmerleda and notices the group appears to be going somewhere. She nods politely at the visitor noticing everyone's ease with him present.*

Esmerelda, any instructions you'd like me to carry out while you are away?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna enters, covered in leaves and other woodly debris. She had been out gathering herbs for potions. Seeing what the group in the room is doing, she quickly understands what is going on.

"Esmerelda I am ready to go when ever you are. I just wanted to make sure I had plenty of potion ingredients on hand for the journey."
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk snorts, almost awakened by fionas entrance, than resumes his snoring.*
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Laggy looks around the room and then says, "So we're just waiting for Rhul then? Fionna, any idea where he might be?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Lately, he has been spending a lot of time tending a small herb garden in the House of Chance. I'm sure he'll be here shortly.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

The door to the inn opens and shuts quietly behind Fionna as she speaks.

"Ahhh" he chuckles, "My prodigious ears are burning. What luck, here I had decided to come to the inn to inquire about the trip to the Woodhold remnants, and I find everyone waiting upon me for that very thing!

*he looks around the group with a questioning eye*

I take it we are leaving presently? I'm afraid I don't have my things, as I didn't expect to be leaving at the moment, but it would be a simple matter to get some travelling items from the Keep and join up with you on the outskirts of Firach Aien.

So by all means, if you were waiting upon my arrival, we can leave at your leasure."