Brokehill Quest: Chapter 4

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The rest of the days travel continues rather uneventfully. You are attacked a few times by large wolf like creatures with patchy fur and contorted faces but they are easily dispatched.

About two hours before nightfall you come across the ruins of a small village. There is one building near the road made of stone. It has no roof but the walls are mainly intact. There are six other buildings in total disrepair. They were once made of wood but all remains now is a pile of rotten logs. A few of the building seem to have been burned down. Set about 30 yards from the eastern border of the village is another stone structure. It is about six feet in diameter and about 40 feet tall. Other than the missing roof, it is completely intact.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks around the building and then turns her attention to the others.*

Ok, luvs we can stay here or Arthos and I can see if we can locate a better place to rest.

Anyone need any clothing are armor repaired?

Also, which watch would you like Kels and I on?

*Grins mischeviously*

Oh and anyone interested in giving one of the scouts a message.

*Mumbles after go through her bag*

Damn, knew I forgot to grab some rum.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

That stone column must be a watch-tower. It's too small to be a silo, and there'd only be enough room inside for a man to climb a ladder. My guess then is this was once a military watch-post with a small garrison - perhaps with the purpose of monitoring the boarder.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Turns her attention to Dallid*

Dallid luv, mind allowing me to read those documents Rahl handed over to you? I'm still quite curious and all by what all they had to say.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

Eh? Dey say more den Rahl speak?

Alto, enneywon want me make portul?

Hmm...dis not place we luukin fer iz it?
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I didn't even know Rahl has spoken luv. Been to busy scouting ahead of you all with Arthos here. I have no idea what all those documents have been saying.

I mean I could just ask Kels, but wanted to read it all for myself.

Ug has a point...Dallid is this the place we are looking for? If not how many more days travel is it for I am concered about our return trip through the forest where those wraiths and all were. Absolutely not feeling like having my arm shot through again. That was a tad bit on the messy and disgustings side.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal begins toward the stone structure.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kels and Kidwynn look at each other and then follow Sethreal to the stone structure.*
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug begins chanting*
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

OOG: Seth...Be more specific. Which Stone Structure? Round or not so round?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Shale falls in with Seth following them toward one of the stone structures watchful for hidden assailants and ready to provide support fire.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

bump
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*After finishing his spell (and a ball of fire rests in his hand), Ug follows the others toward the stone building near the road that has no roof but the walls are mainly intact.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn and Kels head for the same building Ug does. When then enter they pick a defensible location inside and set up camp. Kidwynn places her stuff near Kels and bundles up in her coat.*

Kels, if we are on first watch or whatever wake me up. I would like at least a few minutes to rest up if you don't mind. Truth be told, I'm exhausted from scouting yesterday and today luv plus all the comotion from last night.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Rahl holds the message, and this is not Brokehill. It must lie further South along this road. We'll have to continue on after searching these ruins.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.