Diplomacy at work.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith stands and heads to the door

"This is not a place I find my self useful in, politics and law making...I will go and find Raviel, for in that I am useful"

*Turns to follow the tracks of Raviel's last known physical manifestation
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerlda nods in agreement.

"All sound fine to me. And I have faith in Mohdri's judgement as well. Wow, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be!"

As Serith leaves, she calls after him, "Please be careful! We would not want to lose you to a fool heady with his own power in the woods..."

Turning back to the others, she asks,

"So, what else do we need to discuss?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan emerges from the kitchen with a bottle in hand.*

"I believe we were talking about the right to drink, which is way more important than any of the rest of this crap."

*Taking a seat at the table, he pops the cork on the bottle and takes a swig.*

"Hey, maybe if we got Ingram and Darkclaw drunk they'd either get over their bitching or kill each other like decent folk."

*Korrigan laughs and takes another drink.*

"I mean seriously, what the hell is the problem here? Is this whole place divided because one guy can't stop being an asshole? Or, is it because some people can't handle the him being an asshole? 'Cause it seems to me like there's more going on here than just that."

*Drinking some more, Korrigan taps his finger on his chin.*

"Seems to me that the safety of the town would be more important than silencing some asshole... unless of course, people really think he's more than just an asshole. Ingram's never wronged me, and I've come to like Abaddon here, so I don't see what the fuss is about. But then, I can't see why people around here might be paranoid about some unlikable jackass with a bunch of cool shit, his own keep and a bunch of people who call him 'Lord', but that's just me... I'm new around here, after all."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

When Korrigan suggests Ingram and Darkclaw get drunk together, Esmerelda nearly sprays her drink across everyone at the table as she tries not to burst out laughing. As he finishes his sentence, she manages to swallow the rest of her drink before collapsing in a fit of giggles.

"Korrigan, you're insights are beyond measure. But remember, Ingram has potted plants at the keep, therefore he cannot be planning mass destruction." She winks at Abbadon at that line.

"And you're right. We need to focus on the real issue at hand. So what do you all think we need to do first to be most effective against the elves?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan cocks an eyebrow at the mention of plants*

"Shit, is that all it takes to convince you folks that someone is not plotting mass destruction? I gotta get me some friggin' plants!"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Did you forget about the flowers in the kitchen?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan leaps to his feet and runs over to the kitchen.*

"Friggin'-A! I've got plants! Now I can engage in some proper villany and no one will be the wiser!"

*Laughing as he walks back over to the table, Korrigan drops into a chair and puts his feet up.*

"Now that we know everyone's on the up and up, how about we get ready to kill some elves? Abaddon and I had a good thing going the other night - I stick 'em to the spot and he blows them out of their shoes. Good times, good times."
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*The door opens and Daine walks in*

"Hrmm....hullo everyone. Something important going on? (His eyes narrow) I see by Abaddon's note at the keep we have someone who likes things that aren't theirs."

*He sniffs for a minute, then his expressions brightens and he grabs a cookie from the table.*
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Important yes. Just the business of living." Abaddon says, his eyes smile behind his mask.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"You faced Elves in the night, Korrigan? Would you share the tale of this encounter with us?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan gives Dallid a nod and squints as he remembers the night in question.*

"Sure. I fought a bunch while I was guarding the caravan that brought me to Haven, but they were all swordsmen. They fought well, but they seemed more like a scout force that ran into us by mistake. The ones I came across in Haven proper were moving in patrols of about twelve. They were chasing down some of the people running from Haven as it burned and weren't looking for a lone warrior in the woods. They had torches and armor, so staying away from them wasn't hard at all. There were four shield bearers, four more with stupid-long spears, and some spell slingers in the back."

*Korrigan takes a swig of his bottle and continues.*

"They had cornered a couple of villagers in a barn. Poor bastards never stood a chance. I waited for the man to take up his pitchfork and try to play hero before I took the first of the empaths. He went down quiet enough that I got to the next two before they realized what was going on. The fourth one was carrying a torch, and when he dropped some of the hay started on fire. Pitchfork guy had one of the spearmen tangled up, and the other three couldn't even turn their spears to face me in the confines of the barn. One of the shield men turned to help protect the spearmen and Pitchfork guy got him in the neck. I remember the look on the spearmen's faces as they were trying to drop their spears and draw their shortswords. With ol' Pitchfork on the other side none of the shieldbearers would put their backs to him to protect the spearmen. I cut two more of them down before the last one figured it out and shoved his spear through Pitchfork guy."

*Korrigan raises his glass.*

"This one's to you, Pitchfork guy. You died on your feet and gave as good as you got. Can't ask for much more than that."

*Finishing the bottle, Korrigan wipes his lips and leans back in his chair.*

"The last spearman left his spear in Pitchfork guy, drew his shortsword, and pushed through to where Mrs. Pitchfork guy was trying to hold her dying man. He put the sword to her throat and shouted something about killing her. The shield bearers had turned by then and the four remaining elves fell back into the corner with Mrs. Pitchfork guy. I didn't feel much like assaulting the lot of them through those shields, so I backed up. I damn near walked into the burning hay, and that gave me an idea. I tossed the torch into the haystack by their position and backed up just outside the door. By the screaming it didn't take long for the fire to become damn uncomfortable. Like idiots the shieldbearers broke and came out one at a time. They came running out of the burning barn knowing I was out there, but their eyes weren't adjusted to the dark. All three of them fell in the same spot, stacked up all neat-like."

"I heard the last elf screaming, but his cries were suddenly cut off. I looked in the door, but with the flames all I could see were silhouettes. It was hard to make out with all the fire, but it sure looked like someone ramming a pitchfork into a body over and over again. The barn collapsed a few seconds later and I took off into the night. I ran into Atrum's group after a few hours and the rest is history."

*Korrigan gives a slight smile.*

"I wish I could have known that Mrs. Pitchfork guy. Seemed like she was a hell of a woman. Elven bastards."