Diplomacy at work.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Diplomacy at work.

Post by Abaddon »

The sound of Abaddon walking down the road is unmistakable. Clang. Clang. Clang.

The doors to the Tipsy Traveler open, to reveal the old Valkyn'vi mage. He carries his cane, while Yazel, his familiar rests upon his shoulder.

"I am here to speak with Modhri about the position of constable. Also, I'd like to speak to Lady Esmeralda if she is around." Abaddon says, limping over to the bar, and settling against the wooden wall.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora poke her head out from behind the bar.*

Umm....I could see if I could locate both of them for you. In the meanwhile would you like a cookie Mr. Abaddon?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I certainly would." Abaddon says, reaching for the plate with a gloved hand.
"I see there have no more Red Tear attacks. I pray it does not get worse."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Abaddon*

If I see a red tear member I promise I'm going to make them wish they never decided to start that organization again. I know a lot about the Red Tear.

*She smiles and he can tell she is trying her very best to get on board with his diplomacy plan.*

Those are just regular chocolate chip cookies. I make these other ones I call Chocolate Temples. It's about the only thing Esmerelda has taught me other then keeping the kitchen are clean around here that is sticking. Personally, I'd rather be tracking but this is sort of fun in it's own right.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I see. While we are on the subject, if there is something that bothers you, feel free to ask. I will do my very best to assist." Abaddon says, looking at the young girl, who clearly has begun to distance herself from the House, and it's keepers.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him*

Can I ask you a question then. What did you find out about Mr. Boney Hands...I me Raviel? He didn't seem very nice and I would like to know what you found out about him.

Also, what is this item that you lost? If you describe it to me then perhaps I could let you know if I locate it.

But...didn't you come here to talk to my Uncle or Esmerelda? I probably should get them so the two of you could talk. We can always talk more later if you wish.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I have not found anything out about Raviel. In fact I haven't seen him this moon. I understand he makes you uncomfortable, but as he is Valkyn'vi, I am required to give him a chance.

We are missing a key. The very key that keeps the Bell safe has been stolen. While it is not the only copy, I worry that malefactors have taken the key and it could have fallen into dangerous hands. The wards and locks that keep the bell safe are in jeopardy.

Yes, I have come to see your Uncle, but nevertheless, I'm here to speak generally with everyone. I've taken over diplomatic measures from Ingram, and am here in that regard." Abaddon says, his eyes sad behind the mask.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him frankly and Abaddon will notice Aurora is the type to speak honestly and sometimes that can be a little blunt.*

He makes me uncomfortable because of what he reminds me of and what he said to Gol by the fire. To be quite honest, he has my guard up.

*She sighs*

Could you describe for me what this key looks like and if it might resonate a magical energy? I will be straight up with you again Mr. Abaddon Sir, I'm a bit like the Mage hunters of old in that I am attuned with the magical flow so I can detect it.

*She looks at him again and starts moving. While you are pondering that question, please allow me to go and locate Esmerelda or my Uncle for you.*

*Aurora walks to another part of the building and knocks on a door. Esmerelda are you in there by any chance. Mr. Abaddon is here to see you. She waits a few moments for a reply and then heads back to where the two of them were talking.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"The key is small and made of iron. And it does indeed resonate with magic.Any help would be excellent.

As far as keeping your guard up, That is a good thing. Everyone should have their guard up.
"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*After getting behind the counter again.*

Do you recall anyone who was in the establishment who was near the area that you did not know very well? Has the place been investigated for the faintest signs of any fingerprints left behind? You know, a person who can see what others cannot see. Those special little hidden details?

Is the iron shaped in any particular fashion?

If I'm sounding a little oh law like I did just spend the past two years with the Gendarmen, so well I've done stuff like this before.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Scouts have been dispatched, but there was nothing. no evidence of magic has been found. As far as people we don't know very well...well it is House of Gambling. Dozens of people came and went. No, This was no casual thief.

The key is a simple iron key covered in rust. "
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him*

How big was the key? You know how long was it? Was it a big key, small key? Was the area gone over by at the time who could check for things that a normal person would not see?

Sorry I'm just trying to narrow things down on what to look for and see if there was anything not covered in the initial investigation. I might suggest switching the locks if that is possible then so you can guarantee that bell would be safe.

I'd ask what the bell would be used for, but that might be a little to intrusive so you do not have to answer that if you do not wish to.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"It was a tiny key no larger than the last part of my pinky. The area was searched carefully, nothing would have been missed. I'm certain the thieves were long gone.

As to the bell, it is of great importance. It was fabricated long ago by the dwarves, and even King Galen. It has the power to awaken the dragons, and more importantly, it may be the only thing the betrayer called Corbyn fears. This is why return of the key is so important. "
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him*

I'll let you know if i see or hear anything Mr. Abaddon. Anything that can assist against that elf or magi or whatever he is would be helpful for if people find him I plan on assisting you all making him pay for all the pain he has caused so many people.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

From the back of the Inn, a door can be heard opening and closing. Esmerelda emerges from the hallway.

"Ah, Abbadon. What can I do for you on this fine eveing?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"