Muskegon Area

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Muskegon Area

Post by Zaire »

I will be having people over my house on Saturday (May 2nd) from around 2pm until they leave.

I plan on it being a fighter practice and a discussion for my LARP. But anyone is welcome.

PM me for directions.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Muskegon Area

Post by Torakhan »

Zaire wrote:I will be having people over my house on Saturday (May 2nd) from around 2pm until they leave.

I plan on it being a fighter practice and a discussion for my LARP. But anyone is welcome.

PM me for directions.
I think it's obvious to everyone, but just to make certian.... Saturay is May 3rd. Also, do you have a time? Some of our people's days begin... late, shall we say.

Typically there is an opening on Saturdays where foam combat is done at McGraff park (down the road off of Sherman) in Muskegon on Saturdays... sometime between Noon and 5pm, though its tended to be 2ish until 4ish over the last year when it's happened. I don't think we've ever said it had to be just for Final Haven rules (not that we actually use the rules, but rather use it as an excuse for excersize and hitting folks with foam weapons more than anything else.)

Tomorrow (Saturday) they're calling for rain though, so I don't think there will be anyone out there this weekend from our typical group.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

Opps Yeah Saturday is the 3rd Sorry....

I'm all on the Iron Man time scale. hehehe

2pm is when I'd like people to start showing up, but I understand if they can't make it until later.

If the weather doesn't bode well I have a porch to sit on and don't mind some general BSing.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Muskegon Area

Post by Dragua »

Torakhan wrote: Typically there is an opening on Saturdays where foam combat is done at McGraff park (down the road off of Sherman) in Muskegon on Saturdays... sometime between Noon and 5pm, though its tended to be 2ish until 4ish over the last year when it's happened. I don't think we've ever said it had to be just for Final Haven rules (not that we actually use the rules, but rather use it as an excuse for excersize and hitting folks with foam weapons more than anything else.)
Is this still active? Both this forum and the people who meet on Sherman.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Currently no. I don't think anyone even met up last year to do this. However, if you want to spark up some interest, you might get a crowd.

If you build it, they will come.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I know some people had been talking about a few gatherings at the park when the weather warms up a bit. and we have a weekend not laden with larp stuff. and the next three weeks are 2/3 larp events with Serenity and Winter Haven. Which both draw a big crowd from the Muskegon/Grand Haven area.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

It has been mentioned that the week before Winter HAven to meet up at McGraft Park to have a cook-out and some combat practice..since we are probably all out of shape for this..

Lets see how much interest we get.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Isn't that weekend Easter?
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Easter is 4/12/09
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Aidan_Mcpryde wrote:It has been mentioned that the week before Winter HAven to meet up at McGraft Park to have a cook-out and some combat practice..since we are probably all out of shape for this..

Lets see how much interest we get.
I'll go as long as it's on my weekends off...and I won't be the only one to show up. Mc Graft, in Grand Haven?
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

McGraft Park information

Post by Torakhan »

Dragua wrote:I'll go as long as it's on my weekends off...and I won't be the only one to show up. Mc Graft, in Grand Haven?
I will more than likely not be there, but this is just an FYI for those unfamiliar with McGraft Park.

McGraft Park is in Muskegon.
http://www.muskegon-mi.gov/community/pa ... ?ParkID=21

Take US-31 north to Sherman and go West (up the ramp and Left at the Red Wok/Walmart exit) and go for a while, past Seaway Drive (or take the cloverleaf West and drive past Meijers and under the train bridge and take the Michigan Turn at Sherman and go East.)
Keep going past Henry and take a Left (North) at the Wesco (Wickman Drive) and drive all the way down until you enter the park.

Practice (when it happens) is usually held in the baseball diamond area, starting sometime between Noon and 2pm on Saturdays, and lasts a few hours, or until the old people give up or have to take kids home.

Google Maps Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=McGraff%2 ... a=N&tab=wl

Mapquest: (basically correct, just keep going straight into the park.)
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?form=direc ... id=6611410[/i]
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Dragua
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Dragua »

Anyone decided the date yet?
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

The 18th is the Saturday before WinterHaven.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

I play disc over there alot. What exactly are you guys goanna be doing there? Just like sparring with each other??
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

That's what usually happens. A lot of 'kings rules' combat. Maybe some food. I dunno if I can make it as my sister will be in town from Chicago
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage