In the Office with Donivanna, Fy'Rin and Ollumm

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In the Office with Donivanna, Fy'Rin and Ollumm

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm moves in as quickly as he can. Than finds a spot to settle down in. Awaiting for Fy'Rin to get in before he startes to ask any questions. Once he is in than Ollumm starts to talk*\

"Greetings Donivanna how are you this eve? I shall not take up a lot of your time with myt questions. They are simple ones at best.

First question is what is the tale again you and the Broken Tusk? How did it come to this?

*Ollumm awaits a reply and wait for Fy'Rin to ask his questions as well before he ask anything else. Take a drink of the ale he had form earlier.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin follows Ollumm into Donovan's room and patienly waits for Donovan's response to Ollumm's question*
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan enters the room, retrives two stools for Fy'rin and Ollumm, and pours a round of drinks.*

"I am tired Ollumm. But tired or no, I have things to do. How do the two of you fare on this day?"

*He then takes a seat at his desk and passes a large tome to Ollumm.*

"I believe that this may be the fastest way for you to understand how the Orcs and I came to this impasse. It's my journal, and it holds the entire story of my experiences here in the Haven. Naturally it is my side of the story, but I believe you will find that the people here will confirm the truth of its contents."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*OOG- The journal can be found as a thread in the "Inn" forum.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm Looks to Fy'Rin with a bewilter look upon his face. Than kind of smirks at the thought of reading.*

"Fy'Rin you can read right? Never was my strong siut. You know my kind normal can not read. So if you could read this so I can hear it. I would be mighty thankful for that.
No offcne Donivannia but my kind are a oral based commumity. It is how we pass down the laws, learn of the old ways and even how we spin our yarn's. So even while was in the Naval command of the Military. I learned that way, good thing Robin and Jin both understood that was my weakness. Someday I shall have to lern to read and write. That way I can try and fit into this place better. But that is soething for later.
Yet as of myself I am tired as well. But I have to head out to map with Vary's and the rest early in the morn. We are headed toward WoodHold is there anthing that you need sent. That way you would not need to send a messager. Or something you would like for us to look for on the way. There are a few reason why I am asking. First is simple it helps the town out if we have a map and tradeways down for folks. Second is because I am thinking of hitting that ant mound if we can track ourselves to it. So we can burn it out. That would save a lot of the local area's food suppilies.
Other than that I am just wondering if you need somethign done?

*Ollumm finishes hes mug of ale. Than awaits for someone to else to talk.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Nods to donovan, in thanks for the drink and takes Donovan's Journal and begins to flip through it's pages.*

*To Ollumm*
Yes Ollumm, I can read and would be more than willing to assist.

We are all tired. We all carry differnt burdens, the past few years have been hard on all of us. I myself was none to thrilled after searching for Robin since the Cataclysm, just to find her hip-deep in polotics that are much different than what she's used to on the Talon. At least there I knew who I had to keep an eye on and who our enemies were. Here it would seem that at the drop of a hat loyalties change for no reason, other than to save ones own arse. This whole situation is unsettling to me.

*Reads Donovans Journal aloud, pausing occasionally to take a drink and get clarification on some minor points.*

(OOG: Just a clarification, this was done b-4 we left to go scouting.)
Last edited by Fy'Rin on Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan smiles apologetically at Ollumm after he mentions that he cannot read, and responds to his inquiry about needing something done.*

"Actually, Ollumm, I don't have anything that I need done quite at the moment. It's odd, but I have to remind myself that I'm not the constable any more, and that it's not my business to run around taking care of everything that crops up around here."

*Takes a long swig of his wine and winks at Ollumm and Fy'rin.*

"While I don't need anything, the community certainly would benefit from someone burning out that anthill. Also, since relations with out neighbors are important, if you'd let the people of Woodhold know that they can call on me in times of need, I'm certain the Haven would benefit."

*Pauses.*

"I suppose a better question may be, is there anything I can do for you? As of late I have been here, mired in politics and wordcraft, and you have been out securing the safety of our people. Is there anything you need?"
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin finishes readings and set Donovan's journal back on the table.*

Thank you for your hospitality, Sir. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to to share your thoughts with us.

I can't speak for Ollumm, nor would I. But I am not in need of anything currently. Anything that I cannot acquire or manage myself the Captain handles. I will keep your offer in mind. I extended a similar offer, feel free to call on me if a need does arise, as long as it does not interfere with a task the Captain has given me, I will see it done.

I do not wish to be rude, but I must see to some of the preparatinos of our scouting party. Again thank you for you time Donovan.

*As long as there is no further buisness or questions, Fy'Rin excuses himself to prepare for the scouting party. He nods to Donovan and Ollumm and quietly leaves.*
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal stands at the entrance to the office.*

"May I speak with you Donovan, or aI interupting?"

*Seth awaits his answer.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan glances at Ollumm*

"I've got no problem with another addition to the conversation, unless you do, Ollumm."

*Waits a moment for a response. If Ollumm has no objection, Donovan motions Sethreal to the empty stool.*

"Have a seat, Sethreal. What would you like to talk about?"
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal walks to the stool and sits.*

"As you know we are leaving shortly for Brokehill. I just wanted to say something before I go just in case I don't get another chance."

*Sethreal gets a weary look on his face.*

"I have heard that you have withdrawn your order about the Orcs." *He says Orcs with a sound of malice and hate.*

"I just want to know why."
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan's warm expression fades as he hears the hate in Sethreal's words. His voice takes on the tone of command.*

"The House of the Crescent Moon, and thereby the Phoenix Guard, is in negotiation with the people of Final Haven to resolve the situation with the Broken Tusk Tribe. Your orders are clear. There is to be no action taken or considered against the Broken Tusk Tribe or any other citizen of Final Haven. We are not interested in fighting good people."

*His voice softens somewhat.*

"We and the Orcs are not enemies, Seth. I, someone who is apparently hated by the Orcs, do not return that hate. Our differences and the will of the people convinced me that living with the Orcs was an impossibility. As it happens, what I was told was incorrect. Either the people did not want to press the issue, or they became afraid when the issue was pressed."

*Donovan stops, looking directly into Sethreal's eyes.*

"There is not enough room in a warrior's heart for both hatred and duty, Sethreal. Which will you keep, and which will you throw away?"
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal listens to Donovan with a look of sadness.*

"You should know that I would never disobey an order or take hatred over duty. I came here to ask why you changed your mind and you told me. I thank you for all you have done for me and will stand by any decision you make."

*Seth gets up from his stool.*

"I am sorry if you think that I hate the orcs though, that is not the case. I only hate some of the things they say and do.Do I have your leave to go?" *He askes in a formal way*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan nods*

"Dismissed."
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm leans up against the wall thiking about Donivanna question.*

"Hmm let me think about it. I do need to replace a few things. Like a shield and a my father short sword. But that takes time. An I can not aford to have them made at this time. So in a nut shell not at the moment. We leave at first light tomorrow and shall be gone nearly a week or more. An I shall give the Lords and the Ladies your state if you care to write it down. That way it look more legal than just some Tsunatour's word. Plus we shall have The Lady Skress with us as well. So things should go smoothly I hope. "

*grins than drinks the last of his ale, as Sethreal come knocking upon the door. *

"As did Fy'Rin took his leave I do beleive this is a matter I am not needed for. So I shall take my leave of you if do not have service of me. "

*Ollumm awaits Donivanna reply quitetly. If he is giving leave he bows an walks outs. If is he asked to stay then he stand at the back of the room awaiting for Donivanna to start talking again.*