Gone Scouting: Day One

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Gone Scouting: Day One

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm walks out of the guild house looking for Capt. Robin Steel, McEwan, Jason, Fy'Rin and a few others. He has noticed that a lot of the town as went out earilier the day before. So with his armor, waepons, and supplies. He makes his way down the hill to the Inn.
Finds himself a nice spot under the shade tree. Than sit his large self unto the ground. Pulls out a small knife and block of wood. Than starts chipping away at it. Till he gets board with that.
About this time he gets up goes into the Inn and looks for Robin. Once he finds her and leans over her shoulder and gunts. Than starts to speak clearly and gruffly.*

"You know Robin I am looking for a few folsk to help map out the area. Also I would be needing those folks to help burn out the ant whole we know is out there. I can count on Jason to track them, but a few others to help burn them out would be nice. I know your first mate was looking forward to mapping. But for the life of the sun I can not find him. Have you seen him? An would you know where I can get a shield at? I feel kind of bare without one. "

*Ollumm give her that sad eye look as he awaits a reply. Yet he does not move as they talk.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'rin who, was sitting off in the shadows keeping a watchful eye on things, steps forward into the room.*

Tha Captain has been deep in though for some time now. I don't know if you'll be getting your answer this day. I to have been looking for the other members of our scouting party, but alas I have not found them. Sadly I fear with just the two of us I don't think we'll be able to procede. I know Tarn, our mute shipmate is about, but I've not seen any of the others.
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Hmm, yep moms been quiet all day...

*in a very quite voice...

I think it has something to do with the shirt I burned up yesterday.. but who knows...

So where ya goin.. I can fight! :)
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

The plan was to get a small group together and start scouting, so that we can map the surrounding area. In planning we had 6 only 4 can be found. As for specifics I'm not sure, the leader of this merry adventure is M.I.A.

We could definatley use a spell slinger, since the group was comprised of mainly warriors, rogues & a healer.

If you wish once we get some of the rinkles ironed out in our planning we will call upon your services.
Thy soul shall find itself alone ‘Mid dark thoughts of gray tombstone – Not one, of all the crowd, to pry Into thine hour of secrecy. ~Poe
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

SURE!!!

Just let me know when your leaving, and I'll go to..

If ya need any spells just let me know before hand and I can put them up..
oh and we gotta be back by hmm dusk I think they said in order to put up a recieving circle for any off of that brokenmountain quest with Dal-id.

just in case

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

Glad to hear it. We will call on you then when the time comes.
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm stands up and grunts.. *

"Greetings Eli,
We would more than welcome to have you join us. But I am not sure if we could be back before dusk. This trip was meant to be a long term scouting party. That way we had a better idea of what was in the area around us. If you still wish to come with us. You are more than needed and skilled. Which helps out in the long run of things. Plus I need a good story to keep up the spirits of the crew. "

*Ollumm shakes his main a little. Wheeled around to face everyone with a better view. Than breaks back into the topic at hand.*

"Fy'Rin I do beleive that we have at least two healer with us. Both Jason and Vol can both heal.
And we well need to find and burn out that ant hill. So that that shall not raid the nearby farmers live-stock. Plus if need be Jason can dress them out for food. If they are not toxic to us. But that is a side note.
An I would think that scrying the land to find beast men holds, place of worthy note, and just plan old learning the land is needed. Beside it get us a better lay out for making newer forms of trade if we find new villages as well. I know that we well be needed food for the up coming winter season. with the lose of those sheep that we seen that day. Things might be a little more than tight this time around. Also we have a lot of newer folks. That as a whole can and most likily bring those around here a pain. I can not do that to these good folks around here.
Heck if we where abile to find a nearby port city, or a large encampment of somekind. We could trade with them if need be.
So in loe of this I would think that getting the groups set on no later than two days form now. Would be the best. If I have to get McEwan, and Jason moving I can do that. But I know that this is something we need to do. An I am not waiting around for Vol to get off his rump. To much time can pass to many things can go wrong if we do not get moving soon."

*Ollumm cracks his neck and waits for someone to reply. He looks very edge to get on the road.*
Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

I agree, haste in this matter is definatley needed. We don't want the ants getting a stronger foot hold in Haven as well as the information is desperatley needed in many other areas.

Tarn and I will be ready. Unless the Captain has something more important for me to do, but I don't see that being an issue.

If we leave Vol behind however we will only have 1 healer. Though swapping 1 healer for the a powerful Empath like Eli I consider a good trade. My count stands thus:

3 Warriors - Tarn, McEwan & Yourself.
1 Rogue - Me
1 Healer & Tracker - Jason
1 Empath - Eli

I find these number to be in our favor and would be ready to embark when you give the word.

Just a suggestion, but it might be a good Idea to start to the south. While we're in the King'sgood favor, mapping that area and making sure the roads are clear might be usefull when it comes to trade. If we hit hard times we may need assistance and they are one of the few allies we have at the moment.
Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Olloumm nods with agreement to Fy'Rin statements*

"Agreed south would be our best bet at this time to map. But I know that the ants are to the north more. So this does come to an empass at this time. I would think that hunting the ants is more important. But well let Robin call the shot on this one.

Also I would think that having Eli along is a grand idea if he can make it. I know he has a great many duties to uphold. An I could not take him form his duties form here. So Eli it is up to you if you wish to come. We welcome your help and knowledge of the area with open arms. *Ollumm pulls a half-way grin* Beside we need a war-chief that can spin a good yarn as well.!

*Ollumm starts looking around for Jason, McEwan and Tarn.*
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Hmm, how far are we going? I mean that king guy only stays like half a days march from our town, Boy it would be neeeeetttt to swap spell with his mages!!! they must be great and powerful!!!

Hmm, either way the others are only marching a few days to the south, so they will be back in like 3 or 4 days probably. But I can cast the circle anywhere, and if they have to walk a few hours more to get supplies, well that is better than like days. Plus I think they got stuff with them and they only need emergency exit. Anyway I guess they should have planned better and not just run off with a half baked cookie of a plan.. speaking of cookies.. has anyone seen Lao... I heard he had cookies.. I like cookies.. and milk. Thats my favorite! hmmm cookie monsters...

Ironhand
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ironhand »

*Ollumm chuckle about Eli being some kind of cookie monster*

"Well Eli I am thinking of traveling more than a few days out of town. We are gone to head to Woodhaven. An see if they have any maps of their area we can copy. So you talking to the local Magus would be a good idea as well. As long as you take Fy'Rin or Jason with you. Seen how they both can read an I can not. Plus I would like to hit the market place an see if they have some supplies we can not get here. Than well head back out and around in a semi-circle back towards Haven. Once we get back into town for a few days rest . we can go hunt out those bloody ants and there mound. That way we take care of them as well. That should take us at least 3 weeks by hoof. Or foot in your case.
Question how do you know if the other are in trouble? I am not try to peer into your secerts. I just do not understand the mystic arts much. I know that when you make your circle you might need some to gaurd you. I am welling to do that if you need us too. I do not think that they should be mad if they are pulled into WoodHaven. An I have to agree they should have plained better. If I had not told Robin and the other I would do this. I would have offerd my blade as well.
*Grunts a little* But I think pulling everyone away form the town is a bad idea. Yet it is up to you if you wish to come along. An I swear by my blood I shall make sure you are safe as I can make you. An that same goes for anyone else that goes with us."
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

*Comes bursting into the tavern with a full pack on his back and a greataxe over his shoulder. Walks over to Olum*

Wa' boss I be awaitin' a' the tree liken ya told me, but it be amighty hot out an me feet be aitchin' ta start awalken. We marchin' or a talkin' today?
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Well I think this to be a grand adventure, and since mom didn't say no... I'm in. All that I really need is a quite place each dusk for say, 30 min. That way I can open a recieving circle, just in case they need one. Cause I would hate to have them all go boom and be gone somewhere else.

Anyway, wheres Woodhaven? Have I been there? Is that were the king guy lives?

Ok just so we are straight. Were going for a couple days to Woodhaven, then coming back here then you talking about hunting some giant ants? Everything in that order? Just so I know. That way if we get back here I can go home while you guy hunt giant ants, or I can choose to go hunt the ants.,.. but both are options. Just making sure.

As for stuff I just need food and water, which I have and will go get.

* runs off to guild hall, then comes back with his hat in his bag and some food stuffs, and his helmet on.

Ok ready to go!

Fy'Rin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fy'Rin »

*Fy'Rin briefly excuses himself from the group and exits the inn. A few moments later he returns with Tarn and their gear.*

Well it sounds as though we are ready. Once Eli returns I suppose we should head out. I have know issues with the plan you have laid out Ollumm.

My only concern is leaving the Captain here with only Vol as guard. No disrespect to your first mate, but a healer does not make for a strong body guard.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn comes down the hill in full armor, longsword at her hip, and shield over her back. She also carries a lumpy sack over her shoulder. She finds Ollumm in the Inn*

Eli requested that I travel with your group, since I am departing for Woodhold anyway. Do you mind seeing me along that far?