Walking in on a dark night

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Walking in on a dark night

Post by Kidwynn »

*A familiar red hair woman walks into the Inn. She looks around as if searching for a few people. Her shortswords very close to her side and her long black coat is damp from the rain or something. Her once cheerful demanor is very guarded. In her gaze is a person seaking answers to something...*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan sits in front of the fire, drinking ale and reading from a large black book. He looks up when Kidwynn enters and gives her a nod.*

"Greetings Kidwynn! How was your trip?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks over at Donovan*

Most distressin' and I still haven't found the answers I'm seeking.

Was there a man in town lookin' for me while I was off clearin' my head which luv isn't clear at all.

*Starts fiddling with the necklace around her neck and appears very much on guard as if waiting for something to jump out of the woodwork.*

Umm...any ideas where....her voice trickles off as if her mind is caught up in something. The fiddling get s a bit worse and her expression a tad unsettling.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Wonders back from the group and looks at Donovan*

A word...

*Motions towards the office so they can talk alone.*
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

"Certainly."

*Donovan nods his assent and follows Kidwynn into the office.*
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Phoenix Cross
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Phoenix Cross »

(I'm new in this chat site so please don't freak out if I do anything wrong.)

Phoenix entered the Inn. she did't stop at the door, or look around like most would. Instead she went to the counter, and rang a small bell that was there. She didn't see anyone that worked there around.

She slowly put her hood of her cloak down, and watched the different people come, and leave. This place seemed like it was new, and just started business, but she could be wrong.
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan emerges from his office when he hears the bell ring. He glances around for a moment, then sees the newcomer at the counter. Not seeing Atrum, Lambic, or Dewberry around he meets her eyes and gives a polite bow.*

"Greetings, traveler. Welcome to the Haven. Is there something I can help you with?"
Phoenix Cross
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Phoenix Cross »

Phoenix looked like the quiet, runaway type. She seemed it to. You could just tell by how jumpy she was when he came out of the room.

SHe nodded. "A room would be nice..." She said in a soft, and quiet voice, but there was something almost.. fake about her, but no one ever really knew what it was when they met her.

"Are awaiting a party of some kind?" She asked. She had this slight acsent almost a slangish, but forced not to be.
(Cape Bretoner. Lol.)
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan nodded and gave Phoenix a soft smile. He could see that she was jumpy and was used to seeing newcomers react in such a fashion. Crossing the room, he looks around behind the Bar to see if any of the usual Inn folk are around. The rhythm of his steps marked him a military man as clearly as his ever-present armor and sword. Seeing no one, he turns back to the newcomer.*

"You'll have to see Atrum to arrange a room, but you're welcome to rest your legs and warm yourself by the fire until he turns up."

*Donovan gestures to the common area and the crackling fire. Though the girl didn't look the type to be concerned for such things, he suddenly remembered that he was a representative of the realm.*

"Oh, I'm Donovan, by the way. Officially, I'm Donovan Thynedar: Lord Preceptor of the Phoenix Guard and First Knight of the Haven, but you can call me Donovan."

*His voice was warm, and the sly grin on his face hinted that his titles were something he found somewhat amusing.*

"No one who comes in peace goes cold or hungry in the Haven. Can I offer you something?"
Phoenix Cross
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Phoenix Cross »

Phoenix let a warm smile cross her lips as she did a small bow, and looked back at him. she seemed very secretive, and her cloak hid every sign of weapons, and armor.

"My name is Phoenix Cross. I am a lone traveler." She said slowly. She had a hint of danger in her voice, but not evil, like she was supposed to be dare devilish, but wasn't really.

She then thought for a moment. She hadn't eaten or drank anything in a couple of days, but you couldn't tell by looking at her. You would have to be inhuman, and read it from her mind.

"Could I have some water?" She asked not sure what they would have food wise so she stayed quiet about it.
Dying is almost like taking a new step in life, and finding out what so many people want to know... It's called, Death..
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

*Donovan smiles broadly and glances at the emblem on his chest when she introduces herself.*

"Phoenix, you say? What an excellent name. One water, coming right up."

*Donovan steps behind the bar and takes one of the glasses down off the shelf. He fills the glass with cool water and then fills his own tankard with some of the sweet brew that Lambic and Dewberry had produced. Taking one of the snack bowls from the bar, he returns to Phoenix. Handing her the glass of water, he sets the snack bowl down on one of the nearby tables and offers her a seat.*

"I'm afraid we're not expecting any sort of party this evening. Many of the Havenites are tending to repairs, and still more are preparing to go on a long quest."

*Taking a handful of grapes from the snack bowl, Donovan settles back in his chair and drinks from his tankard.*

"What brings you to Haven, Phoenix?"
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**From the other end of the building, a door is heard opening and although it is not seen the rush of cold wind announces the weather outside. Those inside are most likely glad when the door closes and the fires can once again warm the great room. A dwarf comes around the corner he carries some various herbs in his left hand and a sword in his right. He wears a tabbard that matches that of Donovan's, out from under it armor portrudes.**

Damn that wind has picked up. Lady Winter will surely make her presence know soon.

**The dwarf does not seem to be talking to anybody in particular. In fact he looks surprised when he seems Donovan and this traveler sitting together in front of the fire.**

Oh forgive me. I see Donovan has been nice enough to fill in for me while I was out. Welcome to Haven.

**He continues past the two and squeezes himself back behind the bar, herbs and all. The sword can be heard as it is layed down on stone floor.**
Phoenix Cross
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Phoenix Cross »

Phoenix watched the dwarf carefully. She didn't trust them, because she had a past with killing a few too many with an atitude. She then looked back to her glass of water that she set in front of herself. she stared at it like it was poisoned, but she took a sip anyways.

"Thank you, Sir."Is all she whispered feeling the room heat up once again. she didn't like to be in the heat too much, but since these two other people were there she didn't want to say or do anything about it.
Dying is almost like taking a new step in life, and finding out what so many people want to know... It's called, Death..
Farbarian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Farbarian »

(A huge man in robes walks in carring a body of a young female over his shoulder. She is bloody and wounded.)

*He gently laies her on a table and starts praying and bandageing her*

*Turning to donovin behind the bar*

Please good sir, a bowl of water please.

*He turns back to treating the girl. His movements are well learned actions of a trained healer*
Jarl Garin
Master healer
Fear keeps you alive! Regret means your still alive.
Potion maker And Coward.
Phoenix Cross
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Phoenix Cross »

Phoenix quickly jumped up seeing FarBarian with this girl, at first she went into a fighting stance, but she soon realized that male was helping the woman, and not harming her anymore.

Wakling over to him she looked down at the woman. She touched a deep wound on her should for a long moment hidding the wound. She had chanted something under her breath so it would be unnoticed before removing her hand from teh wound. It was gone.

"What happened, good Sir?" She asked looking at FarBarian with a slight concern, but it was half fake. She's seen this type of things so many times she didn't have much of a care about it.