Wolf walks alone *I hope this is not too bad :)*

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Wolf walks alone *I hope this is not too bad :)*

Post by Ravinal »

*This has already happened, it is only an explaination of what Ravinal did when he was away.*

Chargoth speaks to Ravinal with his usual wisecracks,"She must be heavy", he says.

Ravinal answers with, "She is my wife and she no longer lives."

Chargoth is quick to respond, "Do you need any help."

Ravinal is barely able to speak his answer, "No." His brow furrows to hold back emotion he'd hoped to be rid of long ago.

Drake steps foreward; already knowing what has happened, "If you need any help, I will do what I can."

"Thank you", answers Ravinal. His breath has left him.

As he nears the edge of town, "Are you sure you don't need assistance. It isn't safe to be alone and away from town." These words spoken from his preceptor and friend.

Ravinal rips away his gaze from his wife's face, "Your promise. And yet here is my worst nightmare. My words predicted this might happen........... her spirit wishes not to stay...........I will be fine." From that moment on he walks forth into the wilderness and is deafened to everything, but the sound of the wind.

*For the first in a long time, Ravinal turned his back on Haven. Yet even this is only for a moment. He walks with tears in his eyes.

From struggles this day, he has aquired wounds and tired muscles; still he fights to continue to walk. For to him nothing else matters. Ravinal Goodson, once husband and still father; carrys his wife in his arms. Her murderer is their own child.*

"You saw her, my love."

*He's walking to her grave, a place that doesn't exist yet.*

"Zysy is as pretty as I remember her," he says as his vision clears enough to look at Loet. "Just as beautiful and strong as you always have been," he whispers these words close to her. As if to tell a secret. And with a softer closer whispers, "I will. I will keep my promise to you. I don't know how to forgive what she's done...... I....."

*And as he'd done too often in these nights. He howls his torment in to the air. He walks to a place of which he doesn't know. Yet he knows this place must be untouch by anyone else, it is for him and her.

After what feels like miles of walking through unfamiliar forests. He stops by a large stone standing next to a tree. He lays his wife down on the soft grass; the winds blowing her hair away from her face as he kneels next to her. He feels his tears rain freely. "Why couldn't you stay." He kisses her forehead.

He throws his back against the tree, "The first day I saw you, I knew I loved you. Even after you had grown to hate me, my love for you only grew stronger." The memory breaks some of his pain as a weak smile crawls across his face. "I knew you couldn't hide your feelings from me, no matter how you'd changed." He wipes his tears away in order to look at her.

*He moves to hold her hand and feels how chilled her skin has already become. He slowly lays her hand on her chest and he begins looking around the ground. As Ravinal scratches at the ground, he begins digging with his bare hands; ripping his hands bloody. He forgets himself in his work.

The grave is shallow. In a ritual he's done many times, he kisses his palm and touches the freshly laid earth. This time, he leaves his hand there for quite awhile. After, he sits next to the grave; unmoving.

He stands and with his sword he etches into the stone, then he walks back to town.

**Loet Goodson**
**Promised and Loved**
**R.**
deceased