To the Village in search of the Perfect Being

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

To the Village in search of the Perfect Being

Post by GM-Mike »

OOG: I will officially begin running this August 22 but feel free to begin assembling your party and chatting amongst yourselves.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid stands in the road by the Inn, where the party questing for Mel’s ruined village is to assemble. He stares off across the field to the treeline, taking a moment to marvel in the subtle complexities of the world and the Cycle.

He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and speaks to no one in particular.

“One who holds Phantara dear humbly requests the guidance of Dragons. We labor to gather the Aspects to combat thy great Foe, as instructed, but time runs short for our limited abilities. Does the path we intend to follow hold possible fruition? Or might our efforts be better directed elsewhere?”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*Drake makes his way outside to the tables by the fire pit. He then takes out some paper and a pen and starts to take a head count.*
Drakelenas Elderich
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn wonders over and stands next to Drake with a book in hand as if she is researching something. From the look upon her face, she is itching to put the book down and go somewhere if people need help.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*DarKarath walks up next to Drake, with his shield slung over his back, and his mace resting on his shoulder.

"Present, and ready to hunt"

*Leans over to Drake

"And when you get a chance, id like to speak to you in private."
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

*Drake looks at DarKarath*

"Sure, we could do it before we set out. Kidwynn would you mind taking over the head count for a moment?"

*Drake will hand Kidwynn his book and walk off to the side with DarKarath*
Drakelenas Elderich
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks up, nods, and then pulls out a different book and a writing device to take down the names of all those who are participating.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum exits the Inn after a few minutes in full armor with 2 short swords and a bastard sword in view. Lazily taking a seat on the bench and waiting for everyone else to head out while puffing away at a small wooden pipe*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

*Drake and DarKarath walk back up to the meeting place with smiles and laughter*

"Thankyou Kidwynn for taking over for the moment." *Drake pulls back out his paper* "Now let me take a look at your count so I can keep a good record of my own."

*Seeing Atrum sitting there*

"Good to see you here." *In a softer voice looking down at his paper* "Atrum, check."
Drakelenas Elderich
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*Laughs as Drake and Darkarath walk up

"Hell i thought almost dieing was just the initation to haven"
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn hands him the list she was working on and it lists eveyone on this thread plus a few others who would probably go, but haven't post yet..aka Kels).*

*After she hands him the list, she pulls out her other book and appears to be scribbling down some smithing formula or something out of the ordinary.*

:D
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“And so the Dragons choose not to answer – or simply do not hear. Regardless, West is our path. Three days out, three more back, with additional time required by that which we encounter along the way. May our quest not be in vain”

*Turns his eyes on Drake*

“You are singularly valuable, and ought to be treated accordingly. I suggest staying toward the middle of the party, with one or two volunteers close by at all times – both for protection and for… guidance, should you have a sudden urge to halt for sweeping the trail or rearranging the vines on a tree.”
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

To the Village, Day One

After receiving no response from any dragon or any other omnipotent being for that matter, Dallid decides that he had waited long enough and begins the journey. Having no expectations of resounding voices from above, seeing as no one else had asked and that Dallid was very much alone when he began to speak more or less to himself, the others, seeing Dallid’s action, decided it too was time to go.

The better part of the first day passed uneventfully, albeit slowly as the heat of the day and the monotony of the landscape began to take its toll. And while at the beginning of the journey the weight of the possibility of facing on this one fateful trip all of the 387 foes of Haven that had been discussed and outlined by Donovan earlier that day was daunting at best, by the time the sun began its slow descent toward the horizon, an uneasy peace was felt by all members…except for Drake, who had this seemingly irrational need to straighten the carried shields and brush the dust off the tops of the boots of those nearest him.

The day carried on so lazily and so carefree in fact that it was almost a surprise to see Kidwynn stop and stiffen, holding up her hand to indicate the group quiet. Although no sounds were heard, everyone got the feeling that they were being watched, and they waited, minute after minute until a man so short he could only be a guthrie stepped out of the woods.

“Good day,” he said, never stepping directly in front of the group’s path, allowing free passage if so chosen.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn carefully looks at the tracks to see if they match what caused her to stop, be it the uneasy feeling or the tracks themselves. She then looks at the guthrie. She looks in the group for Kels or Drake to properly address the stranger.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid steps foward*

“Indeed it is, and I hope you have found it as beneficial as we have. We are but peaceful pilgrims westward bound. Are you a traveller, as well?"