Trust and information

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Trust and information

Post by Eilonwy »

*Leaning on a pillar and listening quietly, Eilonwy smiles gently at Corbyn*

"Since the plan of the times seems to be working together as best as we are able, here are a few things not everyone may know. In visions a voice told me:

There is no answer to the riddle: Hopefully resolved since I believe it referred to the one beyond the door in the tree.

The prophecy may come to pass before it is understood: This seems to refer to the poem in Lord Malcolm's journal.

Wisdom is golden, but gold is not wisdom: This one I have not been able to decipher but I hope it aids someone nevertheless.

These I know are true somehow. There have been other visions, but those may or may not be true so their use is debatable.

*shrugs in apology*

As for the door in the tree ordeal, I am not certain how many know of it. To summarize, there is a race of people on another world in need of aid. Their world is being consumed by chaos storms and the protection they have had is weakening. I believe they were once elves, ones who crossed through a gate opened by mages, as told in the histories. I have spoken to lord Corbyn about helping them. So far they do not seem to be a threat."

*pauses looking distant*

"There is much more about their culture and land which I would be willing to share with anyone interested in knowing or helping. Now that I have bored you with mysterious ramblings I will sink back into oblivion..."

*the soft voice falls into silence as the blue eyes sparkle with humor*
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Claude slowly rises from his place by the mantle, his watcher on the far side of the room, still clad in a black cloak and deathshead mask. He steps toward Eilonwy and bows politely*

Pardon Mi'lady, but might I say that once upon a time distant cultures and peoples were my forte. And even now, I am interested in learning of these folk that require help.

I will say however, I have little knowledge of portals, mages and magicks... but I am always willing to lend my blade and my will to a peoples aid.

Please, tell me of these once-Elves and how I may be of help.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*Bows deeply to Eilonwy*

Thank you for sharing your visions and musings. Your words serve to remind us that, in regard to the numerous threats we face, relevant information can come in many forms and to any one of us. Only by such sharing can we proceed with a modicum of hope and make our tactical decisions with confidence that we know as much as possible. We might not see how all the pieces fit when we are forced to move, but it is clearly better than obfuscating critical intelligence.

We will continue to explore means of aiding the people you have discovered. Sharing knowledge about them will aid our efforts.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

*Lowers eyes in acknowledgement of Claude and Corbyn. When they are raised, a document is suddenly in one hand*

"Here are my notes on this subject, good sirs. They were compiled with the aid of the I'Shanian man who spoke with me in the other world. I have included part of the Phanterran history that is relevant. I hope they will be of interest."

I’Shania

Population:

General Attitude:
They are a Tribal culture based on survival. They are cautiously curious about strangers. They have never seen people not from their lands.

Resources
They do not have enough basic resources to survive. About half of their population are starving. Game is very scarce and their crops get worse and worse every season.

History:
From “A Brief History of Phantera”:
"No more space existed for the travels of the Guthrie. No more mountains to be carved by Dwarven masons. No more forests to sculpt and hunt for the Elves. No new lands for the Ga’Vin to conquer. The only beasts living were those bred to use as food or in war. The only game remaining was that too terrible to eat. Realizing the imminent danger for the world should not a solution to this overcrowding be found a great meeting was called and the wisest men and women of all races were called forward to speak on behalf of their peoples. For two long years they met and argued over what was to be done. Finally a solution was found.”

“From each race and culture they came, the mightiest spell weavers to live in a time of great sorcery. Aged beyond belief and fearsome in their wisdom, they represented the pinnacle of the secret arts. Behind each traveled five hundred colonists waiting for the portal to a new realm, fit for colonization and expansion. Together the mages numbered over a thousand of the most brilliant minds the Age of Ancients had to offer. Together in a show of trust and camaraderie that was never to be repeated they worked the magic to bridge the gap between worlds. Together they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, and failed beyond their most terrible nightmares.”

“Of order and essence they wove strong connections between the fabric of reality, bridging faint fibers of life between distant worlds, a magic so great that none today could duplicate its magnitude or the number of worlds it touched. While deep in ritual the vile betrayers attacked. A host of Ga’Vin, brought through a portal from the Ga’Vin continent by their own warlocks descended upon the host of mages who were too busy in their own ritual to defend themselves. Unprepared for this betrayal they fell under the sword of Ga’Vin hordes who desired to rule the entire world without the interference of other races. It was genocide. Luckily they failed as well.”

“The magic of order and essence so carefully shaped and maintained went awry when its controllers died. Driven by the emotions of their dying thoughts the magic perverted and twisted in upon itself becoming magic of chaos and some dark force never before realized. The world was shattered as the magic streamed through all the realms corrupting what it touched. Whole mountains rose from the sea, continents disappeared and chaos was loosed upon the world as a malignant hatred created by the sorcerous deaths."

Not all of the colonists there that day died. Some had already gone through a portal before the Ga’vin attacked. One such group was the Elven Colonists known as the I’Shana. They set out to inhabit a new land they would call I’Shania.

The I’Shana arrived in a land with rich soil, deep lakes and rivers, soaring mountains, and no sentient inhabitants. They were able to enjoy the land for only a few moments until the chaos that ensued on the other end of the portal caught up to them.

The Cataclysm that ravaged Phanterra took the form of giant chaos storms the I’shania called Mah’ a’ Necora . They moved across the land destroying everything in their path. The I’Shana were forced to wonder endlessly to stay ahead of the Mah’ a’ Necora . The I’Shana call this time Mah’a’Tria “The Great Walk”.

The Mah’a’Tria lasted for many generations. The I’shana never stayed in a location for longer than a season. They domesticated and herded native animals to sustain and clothe them. They learned to gather berries and roots as well as how to fish in the great rivers and lakes. I’Shania provided for them well but they never found a home and always at their backs was the Mah’ a’ Necora .

The Children born in I’Shania revealed another of the lands dark secret. They were born disfigured with round eyes and stubbed ears. They grew quickly and died quickly as well, living only 60 years. Their children and their children’s children bore the same curse. The I’Shana called these children, and later all of their people, Hum’an’dar, “The Changed Ones”.

The Mah’a’Tria went on for generations until the I’Shana found themselves encircled by the ever increasing Mah’ a’ Necora . Consigned to their fate and ready to die, a glimmer of hope was given to them in the form of a perfect Elven baby born to two Hum’an’dar parents. They called him I’Shana’Mora, “The hope of us All”.

As I’Shana’Mora aged, he discovered hidden talents that allowed him to control the plants and animals of I’Shania.. As he grew older and the Mah’ a’ Necora grew closer, his powers magnified until he was able to control the Mah’ a’ Necora itself. Sensing the doom of his people, he parted the Mah’ a’ Necora and led them to the valley where the first I’Shana arrived. Using the magics still in the stones that framed the World Portal, he pushed the Mah’ a’ Necora beyond the rim of the valley and using his life force warded the mountains against the encroachment of the Mah’ a’ Necora .

The I’shana were saved but their hope had died. He was laid to rest beneath a giant Cairn made from the stones of the World Portal. The I’shana then set about surveying the valley that was to be their home. They found fertile soil on top of a rocky under layer. They found game that was hard to hunt but that provided excellent meat and hides. They found rivers stocked with fish that were plentiful but hard to catch. It is here that the I’Shana live to this day.

Social Structure
The I’Shana have always numbered between 500 and 1500. They are arranged into 3 Houses or Mah’a’Shana. Each Mah’a’Shana has a leader called the Gre’a’Sha. He or she makes all decisions within the Mah’a’Shana. The Mah’a’Shana are further divided into 5 sects or Te’a’Shana. A Qwe’a’sha who makes all decisions for their sect governs the sects. The Gre’a’sha adjudicates any disputes between two or more sects within a Mah’a’shana.

The I’Shana have always been few in number on purpose. They keep their numbers low by allowing couples to only have two children. After their second child, the female is made sterile through herbal means. If a third child is somehow born, the mother or father (depending on the gender of the child) is killed. To keep the gene pool diverse, An I’shana is not allowed to mate with anyone within their sect, their parents sect, or their grandparents sect.

Current Happenings
The bonds of magic holding back the Mah’ a’ Necora are weakening after the latest cataclysm. Their herds are dieing, the crops get less and less, and no children have been born since the cataclysm. They are a dieing people.

Any magic cast weakens the barrier holding back the Mah’ a’ Necora so magic has been forbidden except for one mage who uses it sparingly.

OOG:The ##'s have been edited to read Mah’ a’ Necora.
Last edited by Eilonwy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Claude listens intently to the description of the I'Shana, his eyes closed until Eilonwy finishes her tale*

Well mi'lady, it would seem that we have more than a few issues to address. First off would be these peoples attitudes towards us, which should only take time to overcome. Second, we have traveled to lands previously that had a prohibition against magic, and for good reason, and we were unable to restrain ourselves. This not only caused a great deal of damage, but also leaves me to believe that where we failed previously we may fail again. Restricting access to this realm may be very important.

Now the big questions... how do we reach these people and what can we do for them? Will they be willing to relocate or do they seek a way to keep their home?
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

"All very good questions, none with clear answers, I am afraid. The I'Shana did reach out for our help so I would take that as a first step in giving our society a chance, if not still in a cautious manner.

Travel to and from their world, as far as I know, is currently possible by only one person at a time who is then weakened from the transport magic. Limiting travel there doesn't seem to be an issue yet.

As for how to help them...They did want to try to save their world but were willing to relocate if there was no other choice. If there is any way to contain or completely stop the Chaos Storms, their dilemma would be solved for the moment. Any information or ideas in that area would help. Looking into ways to bring them all here is the back-up option. If we can research or share ideas and information on how to do any of these things, at least it would be a start. I know of no solutions as of yet.

Did someone mention the events behind the recent cataclysm? I was curious as to how that might have triggered the storms again..."