At Hayberts

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Azara Blackhawk

At Hayberts

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

*Azara spends quite some time looking around outside of Hayberts, she turns and looks at Dallid.*

We have three main sets of tracks. One, head off to the woods. One, heads off towards the fields over there. The final one, head off in the direction towards haven.

Unfortunately with the ground the way it is right now I cannot tell which is the freshest set. What I can tell ya is that there are no signs of any struggle or anthin' out here.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I assume none of these sets are ours. How many people per set? Is there any indication a child was among any of them?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

We all came from Haven and I don't believe that we would have missed people headed that way, if they did go to the town proper then they are relatively safe so we should focus our efforts on the other 2 sets and try to discern which to follow first as we only have 1 tracker. Either makes sense, if someone were fleeing they may have run into the fields or the forest. If they were carried off or coerced into going peacably with the threat of violence to Haybert here then it could also be either.

Haybert do you have any insight into where Bear might have had the entrance to the tunnels? What I mean is does he normally prefer to have them in the forest or is it random? Anything at all about Bear's habits may help us to find your family.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Azara Blackhawk

If ya'd give me a moment.

*Looks at the ground even more closely*

The impressions are very light, but I can barely make out child footprints headin' off towards the woods. Not certain how many people are with the tracks of the child.

*Thinks for a moment*

Haybert, do ya know where Bear might be? Or where in the woods your family might have gone?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

He thinks for a moment. "I'm not sure where they would have gone to be honest and as for Bear, well, I was knocked unconscious long before I arrived underground so I'm afraid I just don't know. I do wish I could be more help."
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara turns to Dallid*

Have a feelin' the answers to that one lie somewhere else.

We can attempt to follow the trail in the woods, or head back towars "Haven".
Azara Blackhawk

*Takes a long pause*

Actually Dallid, you and the others go back. I am goin' ta see where these wood tracks lead and if I can follow them. I will have a better chance goin' alone. This way I can utalize my full abilities as a Scout.

If I am not back later today, then ya know I ran inta some trouble.

*With that Azara goes into the woods to follow the woodland trail.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Follows after Azara*

I must continue on - until either Haybert's wife and son are found, or all trace of them is lost. Do not concern yourself with me. I will keep up, and ensure Atrum does as well, should he wish to continue.
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara stops and looks at Dallid*

I understand your concern Dallid, but allow me to scout ahead. I am quiter then the both of you.

If I find somethin' and need your assistance I will seek you out.

*She whispers somethin' in his ear and then takes off.*
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*As Azara Leaves*
What is it with the aversion to a solid plan and teamwork, no wonder Arthos is always yelling.

*Turns to Haybert*
Lets get you back to town, either she'll find something or she wont.

*To both*
Not much we can do here.

*Atrum heads for the Inn*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Shakes his head as Azara whispers to him, and continues to follow*
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Atrum and Haybert head for the inn and will arrive safely while Azara and Dallid head into the woods. They follow a poorly defined set of tracks that fade and fade until eventually they simply stop. Where they stop is a bit of a clearing in the woods. It doesn't look like much has come through here recently. There are no disturbances of plants or ground.
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara looks at Dallid*

Tha trail is cold. We cannot proceed any further. Have a feelin' Haybert's family may very well be in the hands of Bear.

Time to head back to the Guild Hall, report inta Arthos, hopefully find Ka, and then go with what I told ya awhile back for I think that is tha key.

*Azara waits for Dallid to begin heading in the direction of the Guild of Light Hall.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Trails do not fade to nothing. The path has been disguised by someone with great skill. The Bear indeed has them - there is nothing more for us here. Let us return.

*Heads back to Haven and the Guild of Light hall*
Azara Blackhawk

*Follows Dallid*

Ya already know where I think we should go next. We shall discuss this with Arthos among a few other things.

*Looks in the woods again*

Damn, now if I only knew where Ka ran off ta.