Phoenix! Attention!

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Phoenix! Attention!

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Donovan enters the Inn just after the group leaves for the Fishing Village.

"Phoenix Guard. Attention! Assemble outside for orders!"

He then turns and walks outside where he waits for the Guard to gather.

(All Phoenix Guard members may presume that they have been made aware of this order. Those on the trek to the Fishing Village are exempt.)
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

YES PRECEPTOR!!

*Claude quickly leaps up from his writing desk, grasps a sword from the armory and runs outside organizing the Guardsmen outside the hall as he goes.*
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic jumps up from his table beside the bar, as Donovan enter the room. After orders are given he puts his pestel back in his mortar, which has been dripping on the floor. He takes a long swallow of his ale, slams the mug back down on the table and proceeds to move in a rapid manner outside. One might say it was a jog if they didn't know Lambic better.**

Hope that doesn't explode while I'm gone....

** He looks back over his shoulder.**

Oh well.
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Leaning against the hearth looking into the fire, Sethreal quickly gathers his
things and goes outside.*
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Rising from the fire outside after seeing the Preceptor walk outside, He stands and salutes crisply*

"Preceptor".
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Dereck_Sandoval
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Dereck_Sandoval »

Quickly packing up his studies Dereck grabs his staff and stone pouch, and runs outside "Awaiting your orders preceptor".
Now- Toshi the merc with a sword now on discount For YOU!!!!

Dereck Sandoval
Ex-Healer of the Black Talons
R.I.P.
Once a Powerful Healer now he roams the forums as a Benevolent spirit
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Seeing the Guard assembled, Donovan gives the troops a quick inspection. Finding their state of readiness to his liking, he issues their orders.

"Phoenix Guard, it seems that the citizens of Haven are having difficulty in farming the land. Something is causing the soil to become infertile, and should that something be allowed to spread, the people of Haven will face starvation before years end. We must put a stop to this, and as such I am dispatching a team. The team will have three objectives. Your primary objective will be to determine the cause of the phenomenon and correct it, if expedient to do so. Your secondary objective will be to look for signs of giant worm activity. Arthos has a theory that the presence of these worms can restore the soil, and he has given me a flute that can be used to herd these worms to the areas that they are needed. Should this be the case, than these worms can aid you in accomplishing your primary objective. Your tertiary objective is to investigate reports of some sort of poisonous, potentially undead creature in the region. It has been theorized that the eminitions from these creatures might be at fault for the phenomenon."

"Lambic, your talents will likely be required on this mission. Ian can serve as your scout, Derek will be your healing support, Sethreal can provide protection, and Claude will be in command. You will depart as soon as possible. First, however, there is a matter that must be dealt with."

"Sethreal, front and center."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic looks around at the others already ready to go.**

Hmmm....If I may preceptor, I should pack so we can be on our way post hast.

**when excused, Lambic re-enters the Inn and can be seen cleaning up his equipment and packing it in a backpack and a satchel. He does not seem to be moving nearly as fast as he was on the way out, but still not slow.**
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Without question Seth briskly goes to Donovan and Salutes.8

"Preceptor!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Donovan gives Lambic a quick nod and sends him on his way. Untying the cords that hold Lightstorm in its sheath, he draws the blade. The sword shines in the afternoon sun, its sheen like quicksilver as he gives Sethreal the command to kneel. Holding Lightstorm over the kneeling Guardsman, Donovan adresses the men.

"Sethreal, in honor of your continued service, dedication to duty, and unquestioning loyalty to the Phoenix Guard, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain - effective immediately and granting all rights and privileges thereof. I expect excellence of the Guard, Captain Sethreal, and as yet you have always lived up to my expectations. Continue that now as Captain of the Azure Shields."

He then passes Lightstorm over Sethreal, puts it in its sheath, and offers his hand to the new Captain.
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

*Kels comes runing over to the Guard, Gives Donovan a Salute*

"Sorry i am late Preceptor I was out hunting. Order Sir!"
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

"At ease, Captain Targon. Captain Sethreal can brief you and you can coordinate with Commander du Sinjin on the details of the mission."
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*Sethreal rises slowly and salutes Donovan with pride.*

"Thank you Preceptor for this opportunity. I will not fail you and will always do my duty."
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Alright Guardsmen, with the pleasentries out of the way we have a job to do. Let's get our equipment and any supplies we need and be out at the fire pit in five minutes.

And has anyone seen Ravinal? We could use him with us on this little jaunt...

Be back in five, DISMISSED!!
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic returns outside within Claude's requested 5 minutes only because he left early. As he passes Sethreal**

Congratulation Captain Sethreal. Good luck.

**with this he winks. He then stands somewhere near they had lined up earlier and proceeds to rearrange things in his back pack again. He is wear his armor and throwing axes. He has his sword and shield resting against the wall of the Inn/Lodge. He is also wearing his shoulder bag. His backpack appears loaded down. In otherwords he looks like a pack mule :) **