In the Kitchen

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Robin
Town Member
Town Member

In the Kitchen

Post by Robin »

Robin rolled up her sleaves, otherwise heedless of the mess she was about to make of her fine clothing. These moments of family time were too precious to her to worry about anything else. She set to getting what she would need for cookies while Corbyn seasoned the fish. She sang softly, and Eli joined in.

After a while he asked his question about Ug, and she looked down at him where he stood on a step stool helping her add the flour to the mix. She gave him a kiss on the top of the head. "Ug thinks I have done a wicked thing, I think. He no longer trusts me because he thinks I made a deal with dark powers and have corrupted myself." She sighed softly. "He wants me to be punished for it." her head drooped a little and the saddness, which had been gone for a time, returned behind her jade eyes. "He does not understand, my darling one, that he could never punish me more than I suffer knowing what I may have done to your little brother."

She looked for understanding in her adopted son's eyes. She loved him, as surly as she loved Corbyn. They were the epitomey of Haven: family of choice, brought together by suffering and hardship to grow in love and bloom into a beautiful union of love. It was not blood or oath which made them a family. No, it was their choices, and their love. That made all the difference.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

With a smile as wide as the ocean itself, Eli’s face nearly splits in half and one would swear that the corners of his lips nearly touch his ears, for his newest power had worked and there would be cookies for all…(or at least for him). He knew immediately that this was a great power and should only be used in dire peril... like when all the cookies were gone, and he was too short to properly get the stove ready to cook more… yep this new power would have to be secreted away for use only when it was absolutely necessary… like next week when he planned his next fishing trip this time with his uncle Arthosis… with that thought a little mischievous gleam shone in his eyes, and a giggle escaped his lips…hehehe, but when Robin’s eye brow rose up looking at him an innocent look appears on his face and he says simply, “huh oh nothing, just thinking about cookies and fishing of course…” but being a mother now, she knew better…
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Appears to think for a few minuets when the conversation gets serious. Then says simply, “did you do something that you should not have? If you did then you gotta say you’re sorry. Ug knows that, so if you said you were sorry it would be all done then. Unless it was real bad… then you get spanked…” a look of worry crosses his face as he thinks back to when he got spanked for catching Arthosis’s coat on fire, after he cast one little sleep spell on him, which of course wasn’t his fault at all, I mean really how was he to know that the fur would go up like that, or that he would just happen to fall into the fire pit… With a look of innocence he says, “um no one caught on fire did then…”

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum opens the door to the kitchen and steps in with a mug of milk for Eli*

Robin, my friend, you know that I will do all that I can to aid you. You have but to ask and if it is within my power you shall have it. *He gives her a hug*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin, hands messy with cookie dough, wraped her arms around her dear friend, beaming with joy at his words. She placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Atrum. You have always been there with and for me, and it is not something I have ever forgotten. Nor shall me and mine ever do so." In a moment of cheekiness she placed a glob of the cookie dough on his nose.

"Pehaps I can bribe you with frech baked cookies!" She heard a grown to her left and laughed. "Don't worry, Eli, we'll bake plenty. if we run out, we'll just make more."

She gave Artum a wink. "For now, just keep your ear to the ground for info on anyone looking to help the Dark One. I'm feeling wonderful these days, aside from the morning sickness, and am happy as can be, really. I will let you know if I ever need you." She thought a minute. "I will be wishing to take a walk later this evening, if you're interested."
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Still unsure as to what is going on with the whole ‘Dark One’ Mess Eli begins to worry not just about his cookies, but about this baby brother. While his mom, is talking and hugging Atrum he takes it as a chance to look at his brother, a few moments of concentration and he slowly reaches over and touches his moms belly. To the keen eye his hand glows just a little bit, not in the form of a boom, but some other type of magic power.

*Sense magic on your belly*