In walks a man...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In walks a man...

Post by Varlen Kal'jura »

* In walks a man with a board built, and with a soft look upon his face. HIs face is leathery and tanned yet it has a softness behind it. Even thou he is clad in scale armor and carrys a oddly curved sword upon his back. His clothing is very odd and abnormal for this region. As he get farther into the Inn he starts to look around. Seem to scan the room looking for someone or something. He smiles an walks toward the Inn keeper or the person behind the bar.*

"Greetings I am looking for someone I was told might be in this area. Could you give me some help and shelter for the night?"

*He voice as an odd tune and pitch to it. He does not sounds as if he came form any place remotely near here.*

*He stand there awaiting some kind of reply.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*A woman wearing a tabbard of a bird, a phoenix looks over to the stranger as she keeps a watchful eye over another woman inside.*

Who is it that you are looking for Stranger?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*Wheels about and smiles at the lady before him that speaks, than bows toward her.*

"I am Varlen Kal'jura of the Sapphire Thorn. It is the child of the East I am looking for. For you can not mess the Star of the Eastern water of the Rartrel'shi. She was seen in this area as I was told by my Kahlef.
You shall also know her by her company as well. One is the called the Sun of the Raising Gromithan Tides. The other was a student in the arts of Tabiha. He was knows to us as the Viper of the Scared Fist. They might have moved on is the past few weeks. But as I talked to some in the small fishing village not far form here she was still in the area. "
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the man*

What does she look like exactly. So many people come and go around here that I am not certain who it is that you speak of.*

*She looks over at Robin.*

M'lady, have you met anyone like that?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin, who had been speaking qiuetly with Audry after her talks with both Dallid and Don Mayo, dropped the glass in her hand when she heard the titles proclaimed by the new arrival causing it to shatter on the floor. Very slowly she turned around, her eyes large, an unreadable look on her face.

For a long moment she said nothing, for NO ONE, outside of Varys, in Haven knew her by the name of which this stranger spoke. Finally, she rose gracefully, a ghost of a smile on her face.

"I am Valaura the Robin, Star of the East, and Child of the Sea." She came and bowed before the man, as was custom. In like manner, she addressed him in the ancient and proper fasion for one of his kind. "It is my hope that the sun shines most brightly upon the Sapphire Throne, that your lands are bountiful, and your women dutiful." This last part almost caused her to grin, but she held back. The formailites out of the way, she tilted her head to one side, regarding the strangr with great curiousity.

"It has been a long time, Kal'jura." She never spoke his given name, for it was forbidden of her. Though she was in her own lands now, old habits died hard. "You are far from home. The world is changed, and yet here we two meet once more. Much there is that has chaged, and much that remains the same."

She did not sit, and she did not move. This was all part of custom, and they would make their way through the motions until they finally got to the place of even ground again. That was the way of these things, and she had learned that the hard way the first time. Some things were never forgotten, and she would not dishonor him or herself by casting aside what she knew were his ways.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*The guard waches on in idle curiosity. It was obvious Robin knew this stranger, but Kidwynn wasn't about to trust anything without observing it in greater detail. Year years on board the ship taught her better then that.*

*She stands there quietly, her shotsword cutlasses at her side and her gaze intently watching everything around her.*
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*He bows to Robin and greets her with a firm hand upon her forearm. Than smiles glibbly at her. As he looks her up an down he nods to himself and chuckles a little bit. He than kisses her on teh forhead softly. Than morion for her to sit with him. *

"I see Child of the east is has been far to long a time since we last meet. It has been many many years. An you have grown much in those years. It shall please the Shabu that I found you. It shall please him greatly to know that you have blossomed into a very lovely Suldur rose. So how have you been in the passing of the years. I would like to learn much of what befell you and your compains."

*At this point he looks up at the other lady and smiles. Than waves for her to come set with them. *

"Please Sulguti come set with us, it would be rude of us to not ask you to. Plus than I might be able to finally get your name. That way you would be known and not just a mere Kafau'."

*Once he asked the young lady to come sit with them. He turns back to Robin with a mide eyed grin.*

"So is Vulrau Viper around? Or has he and your brother taken flight some where else? It has also been many a years since we had talked. Is your mother still with in the lands of the living. I so hope so she was a most noble and just lady.

But as for your question why are we here. That is a a question I have no answer to. For all I know we where on the outer steps of the De'Jous weep and than we where taking up in a sandstrom. It was the largest felled winds of the ill-fates I have ever seen. Once it had passed we found that the only ones to be alive were. The Ka'lef, Adviizer, Kahaf and myself. The fates of the others is unknown.
Yet we tried to find our path back into the Northern Realms of the De'Jos. But all we found were the tall trees of this realm. For the First few weeks Kahaf thought we where in the Steps of the Onika Forest of the Western Ruby Throne. But that was soon prooving wrong. When we came upon a settlement of honorible Dwarf's of the Black Star Forge. They were kind enough to help set us in the path to a port city.
Where there we learned of you and your friends. So we thought that you night beable to help us set sails back to the Sapphire lands of the De'jousia. We did not understand why it is that you have come to be in this kind of place. But we desided it was the best course of action to find you. It has taken us nearly a year to track you down. Yet I would say it was well worth it in the long run. I am not sure as to what The Ka'lef will do now. For we have not seen a place near here that could house a ship as yours. Nor found a place that would beable to lset it back into the waters that lead to the mighty sea's. This is most odd for a Child of the East to be this far form that which they love. But I think it does suit you just fine thou."

*He than looks at Robin and chunkles a bit. Than points toward Kidwyn.*

"Is this one always so sumber and driving? I have not seen Rashania in this land that looks so. I would almost ask if she is form the Southern step of the Emerald Throne. "

*He stops there an awaits any reply.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*The young woman looks at the man. Her blue/green eyes studying him over very carefully. Not only does she appear to be a guard, but also as if she has seen some action on board a sea fairing vessle herself. A type different from the one Robin has commanded as evident by the two shortsword cutlases at her side.*

*Kidwynn nods to the man and greats him with a bit of a soft smile.*

The name is Kidwynn, Kidwynn Turner, since we are either getting aquainted with each other or well beginning to know each other. I'm a bit of a few things around here.

*She grins mischeviously*

Most of which appear to involve me being somewhat skilled with my hands.
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

*Varlen smiles than chuckles some. He watches her as she studies him. When she comes to set herself. He gets up to let her sit herself.*

"Well greeting Rashania Kidwynn, it is an honor to meet you. But is it with all things in this world. We are what we make ourselves. Be it the sting of the vipers bite, or the grace of the shifting sands. I would say that we have beien introduced. It is a time to get to understand one anyother. So please do not take offence to me calling you Rashania it means. A blossom of myrth that has settled in the sunset water of the great Owasia.
So now that you have heard some of our travels. Could you speak of this area. I do believe that the Ka'lef thinks we shall be here for a long time. So I am looking for some knowledge of the local area. That way we might find a place to stay, and hunt in that would not transpose upon the locals."

*With that he pour a few drinks form his wine sack. Offers them to the ladies first, than takes up his cup.*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the man.*

Not exactly certain how to answer your question luv. I have seen a lot of things around here from dark elves to ga'vin, giant worms and some rather odd lookin' wolves.

My advice, expect the unexpected and then some for you honestly really never know. Be alert, watch your back, and I highly recomend not wonderin' anywhere off by yourself at night.

As for the name you were callin' me.

*The mischevious yet charming grin comes across her face again.*

I'm not offended at all, it's actually pleasant.
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry cleans up the mess made by Robin's glass breaking. Listens curiously to the conversation near by*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn notices Audry, gets up, and walks over to where she is picking up the glass.*

Luv, I can get that. Why don't you sit down in my place. I'm on guard duty anyway and all.
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*she stands as she wraps the collected glass in a napkin*

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, but I think we both should listen to what this fellow sailor has to say.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn gives her a smile*

Oh I'm listen'. Just with me guardin' and all probably not wise to drink for well once a p...I mean sailor gets started well, yeah chaos begins. Granted it's fun playful chaos with much witty banter and a very lude joke or two, but probably not best to be doin' that at least for me.

So please, take my seat and enjoy the wine.

*Looks at the man*

I hope you understand. It's not that I don't want the drink, just probably shouldn't. However conversation I can do, just ask Robin.
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry smiles a knowing smile and winks. Raises her glass to Kidwynn*