The attack on the inn

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

The attack on the inn

Post by GM-Mike »

It was a lazy Sunday morning when the forest came alive. Most were still in bed getting much deserved sleep, dreaming perhaps of the previous evening, the journey, the battles, the correction of time. Some perhaps were dreaming instead of the Cult of Isle, trying to understand how they were killed. The thoughts of the previous night lingered in weary minds on the enemies still remaining. Who was associated with the disturbance of time and who was not? Florin? Some believed his resurrection was unrelated, others were not so sure. And what was this about an evil druid? Well, his existence was perhaps confirmed.

The tall elf and the crouching human were in the field outside the inn. One hushed the other, sure he had heard something. The noise grew louder and louder until out of the forest came some of the trees, walking on long wooden legs directly toward the inn. With arms of branches they reached for the door, opened it, and, somehow crouching down--they were not nearly as stiff as one might think--entered the inn. Some of the sleepers awoke immediately, others, too tired to worry, remained in their bunks and played dead. Powerful arms struck the adventurers as they did everything they could to fight off the attack. Swords, staffs, and bows proved to be a powerful defense and soon the trees lay motionless on the inn ground.

The adventurers barely had time to catch their breath. They felt a rumbling beneath their feet, and their hearts filled with dread. Out of the center of the building, vines and stalks burst through the ground, leaving a large hole in the inn's ground. Lashing out at everything in its wake, the vines attacked with a ferocity rarely seen from plants (though some may remember an especially bad crop of corn). People fell under the attack and still, at least one was determined to not be awoken. The vines rushed forward, wrapping itself around the constable, and dragged him into the hole from which they came. Down, down they fell into the darkness.

Most stood there, shocked by what happened, and there they stood when Ovak entered the inn, looked around, swore softly to himself, and said in a thunderous voice, "I quit!" He peered down into the hole, trying to see the extent of its depth. Unable to see the bottom, he lit a torch and before any objection he threw it down. The crater was basically round and the walls seemed intact throughout the torch's decent, which lasted nearly five seconds, at which point it hit the muddy bottom and snuffed out. Within that second of light, however, it was clear that both the plants and the constable were gone...
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Do we need rope to climb down?
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*After rushing into the Inn and being informed of the situation*

The drop is vertical and significant through soil clay and broken stone - footing would be uncertain at best. Rope would be wise. Would anyone here be so equipped, or must we search the village?
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

*Azara approaches the hole and looks at Ka and Dallid*

Just so happens I have rope. Hopefully it will reach. We will probably need a torch or somethin' so we can see down there.

I have one, but does anyone else?

*She looks around*

Anyone else goin' along?
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

(OOG: Question, is it assumed that since noone came to get anyone that wasn't in the Inn at the time that we aren't there or has someone gone to get people from the Halls.)
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

(Arthos comes strolling up total equiped, shield, weapons, rope, and some glowing stones that give off light)

Sorry I'm late I figured we might need some light so I enchanted some stones to do so.

We might have a way to find the evil druid now and hopeful be able to retrieve anyone that went down there. Did anyone fall in or get taken?

I suggest we get our equipment and a group of people together, and head down there.

Azara we will use you rope to get down, I'll take mine for back up and if anyon else that has light sources and rope, pleae bring them.
Oh by the way Azara here is the short sword and shield you requested.

I'll see who else might want to join us

(arthos goes outside and gathers anyone that is interested in coming on the adventure)
My Thoughts

Aaron
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara looks at Arthos and smiles*

Thank-you. Was not expectin' you would have this so quickly.

*Straps the longsword to her back and grabs on to the new equipment*

Guess we better be seein' who else wishes to head down there. Perhaps Kathryn, Atrium, and people like that would want to help. Meanwhile I need to find a secure spot to tie this rope around so we can head down there.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(oog respose: Anyone and everyone would have heard the commotion and can join in the action)
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(OOG response: Azara, it is difficult to see the bottom but you figure your rope will come up a bit short--a second rope tied to the first might do the trick)
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara lights her torch and looks down the hole*

Arthos, that hole is fairly deep from what I can tell. I doubt my rope alone will be enough. I'm thinkin' we are going to have to tie both of our ropes together so we can get down there.
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*Kathryn comes down the hill in full armor and with longsword and shield*

I heard the commotion from all the way up top.

*peers down the hole into the darkness*

Well, are we going in?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

*waits semi-patiently, tapping his hoof, for people to finish tying ropes and such to things so he can go sliding down the rope*

So who's going first?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum comes into the inn and after seeing the gaping hole asks what happened*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Azara Blackhawk

*Azara looks at the others.*

I think I should go first seein' as when we get down there we'll probably be trackin' some nasty little beastie.

*She then turn her attention to Atrium*

The druid I think has been messin' with us. Sent some lil' creatures to attack the people down here. Not certain if anyone has been captured, but we are goin' to go take a look.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum takes a look into the hole*

I'll be right back

*He exits the Inn and returns soon with a shovel and a pick*

We may need these
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!