cutting losses

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl was shocked at Serena's revelation:

"why....why didn't you tell me? :was all that the treasure hunter was able to get out because he was still at a loss for words, right as though it looked as if he was going to speak again, it was if a light had been turned on in braidenvayl's head, a certain connection that he had not previously made and suddenly everything made perfect sense. when the half elf realized this he gasped and his eyes became as big the full moon at night:

"by Astea, did it work? ..." :he said to himself as he turned to look back at the ring and esmerelda
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda raises and eyebrow.

"Did what work? It may have a bearing on my research for you..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"it was a binding ritual!"
:braidenvayl let out as if he had a sudden Epiphany, which made him hug esmerelda and the little girl on her hip again, after he let go he spun around to serena and hugged her too:

"Serena Blackwell you're a genius, and i take back every bad thing i ever said about you!"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena let out a startled yelp and returned the hug uncertainly.

"Erm, you're welcome? I know I'm a genius."

She shot Esmerelda a look of confusion.

"Now, what exactly did I do?"
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda gives Serena a confused look and a shrug.

"I have no idea. I think I'm as confused as you are."

Turning to Braidenvayl, she holds out the ring with a quizzocal look. "So do you need me to look into this for you still or did you figure it out? Because I think I missed something..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:upon hearing esmerelda's voice again braidenvayl snapped back to reality and then realized that he had just more or less attack hugged royalty, after giving Serena a "why did you let me do that?" kind of look he turned around to face her wearing a sheepish half grin:

"um....yeah i do still need help. i wouldn't know what to do or where to go at this point, i just remembered what it was called....and was apparently very excited about that. :braidenvayl adjusted his shoulder bag then decided that he wanted to bring it back to the inn.

"thank you, your highness":he said followed by an slightly embarrassed, obviously forced chuckle:
"im gonna go put this back" :he pointed at the direction of the inn and backed up a few steps before he turned around and walked off at a faster than normal pace:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

After Braidenvayl walks off, Esmerelda shakes her head. "That is one odd young man. Hopefully I can find something out for him."

Pocketing the ring, she turns to her young friends.

"Shall we be off? I believe there is a princess to rescue from a dragon and rumor has it that are some cookies that need to be eaten at the castle!"

Cheering and laughing the group set off down the road towards Castle Gravesbane.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena blinked slowly and turned slowly. After gathering her senses, she chased after Braidenvayl.

"Oy, idiot! Where are you off to now? What happened to storming out of town in a huff?"

She followed him into the inn, ignoring the other patrons and snagged Braidenvayl by his ear,

And don't give me that look, I didn't tell you to glomp her.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:when Serena grabs his ear, braidenvayl's head jerks backward and his entire body slowly shifts to face the brunette archer that seemed to have a new curiosity with his ear.:

"DAHHHH!!!, YEEESS!!! That IS my ear." :braidenvayl smiles which could also be considered a wince from the clutch the archer girl had on him:
"you can let go now"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Now that Braidenvayl had turned to face her, Serena released him and smirked.

"So we're staying, then?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl pulled his head away from Serena and put a hand over the ear she had been pinching and rolled his finger around in it:

"yeah, we're gonna chill here for a while, Korrigan said we can stay here as long as we want. :braidenvayl looked around the inn and nodded in approval, then he stepped closer to Serena and brushed a piece of hair over her ear:

"i want you to try and rest here, get to know some of the people :braidenvayl cracks a smile: maybe even make some friends, see what you can do to possibly enjoy yourself: the treasure hunters look turned serious:

"because when we go back to avangard. we are finishing the job.
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena blinked slowly and stiffened at the unexpected tenderness. She stumbled back a few steps and nodded.

Yeah, I'll go... pick a lock... or something...
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

braidenvayl shook his head and then headed up the stairs to the loft:

"you could practice on the keeps store room, i hear rhul's got some wine kept in there that's older than i am"

:as braidenvayl finishes speaking it is accompanied by the sound of a bag hitting the floor, and then a sound of a body landing on one of the beds:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

A few hours later, the archer returns, face significantly paled. She sits calmly on another bed, a sheet of paper clenched in her white knuckled hand. After looking at it a moment longer, she tucks it securely beneath her head and lays down.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:laying with his hands underneath his head half asleep half awake:

"thank you all for this great honor of electing me as greatest treasure hunter in all of phanterra, i accept this award with a great sense of AHHHHH!!!
:braidenvayl rolled over in his half sleep but didn't realize he was already at the edge of the bed so he promptly rolled over the side of the bed and fell face down with a loud thump."

" BAHH!! What the hell!?!?" :the young half elf tumbled backwards up to his feet and looked around to gain his bearings and saw Serena with the sheet of paper clinched in her hand:

"hey Serena, whats that? :braidenvayl then noticed how pale the young woman's face was and he walked over to the archers side now with a concerned look on his face as he knelt down he looked at her white knuckled grip:

"Serena. What happened?"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'