cutting losses

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

cutting losses

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:the door to the inn was flung open as braidenvayl stormed in, he was ignoring the other patrons because he really didn't feel like talking anymore. he was still really upset at val for chastising about the dream fisherman and more upset about gabriel berating him.

"showered with riches" :he said sarcastically as he packed what personal affects he had haphazardly into a shoulder bag and scoffed

frustrated he pulled out the ring he wore on his necklace and stared at it and his eyes started to well up, forcing himself to keep his composure he put the bag over his shoulder and put the his necklace under his shirt and headed for the door.

"damn it!" he swore as he left the inn for the portal to avangard.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

As Braidenvayl stormed out the door to the inn, he found himself colliding with a smaller figure. Serena Blackwell stumbled backwards and landed in the dirt in front of the inn. The familiar voice of the human girl shouted indignantly.

Oy! Idiot! Watch where you're going. Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you?

The brunette archer jumped to her feet, brushing the dust from her vest and gathering her bow from where it had fallen. Her mismatched eyes glared up at him in her typically annoyed fashion (at least typical for dealing with Braidenvayl), and her eyes wandered to the bag he had slung over his shoulder. Her gaze steeled.

Running out again, I see. What, didn't you think I was going to catch you before you left town? I told you, you're not getting rid of me that easily.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"hi Serena, welcome to the Tipsy Traveler, have you met the inn keeper Korrigan? :braidenvayl's words were dripping with sarcasm as he walked right past her:

"then that means you are following me to Avangard or if you want to stay here with your new friends they are all at the castle, you can all talk about how much of a screw-up i am, you kids have fun now, take it easy"

:again his words were very sarcastic:
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Turning on her heel, Serena grabbed Braidenvayl's sleeve.

"First off, they're your friends, not mine. Second, what's gotten in to you?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl stops in his tracks, spins around violently yanking his sleeve free and turns to face Serena:

"NO!! all of my friends have either disappeared, abandoned me or are dead!! all this:braidenvayl throws a hand out toward the keep, the inn and the rest of haven: was a job. a job that looked really promising but turned out to be a complete waste of time and effort! i am saving what face and money i have and going back to avangard, where my work is appreciated. :turns toward the keep and yells: AND PEOPLE PAY THEIR BILLS!!!

:braidenvayl turns around and starts walking again:

"so are you coming or not?"
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid is walking by when he hears raised voices, and turns to investigate. He catches the tail end of the argurment.

"You were not compensated for services rendered? I would like to think the people of Haven were more responsible and honorable than that. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. With whom did you have a contract?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena steps toward Braidenvayl uncertainly, reaching out to stop him.

"Braidenvayl, listen to the shiny man, please? Dallid is right, it has to be some sort of misunderstanding. Just calm down."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl takes a deep breath and looks over his shoulder toward dallid:

"the rainbow prince said we would be and i quote, be showered with riches, right? or was i just hearing things. and sir Francesco said that i would be reimbursed for the coin i spent on the fortune teller at the creepy underground carnival.
:braidenvayl turns around to face dallid and Serena:

"but what i ended up getting was an insulting lecture from Val and Gabriel wanting to tear my head off..."

:braidenvayl reaches in to a pocket and pulls out a flask unscrews the top and takes a long drink and sighed looking over at the tree he felled:

"and how the hell was i supposed to know Morgan was in that tree!?!
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco hearing his name mentioned stands up and walks to Braidenvayl with an embarrassed look on his face

"I apologize Braidenvayl. I have your money and by no means am I trying to avoid you. In my older years my memory just isn't what it used to be. How much did I owe you again?"

He pulls out a small pouch from his bag
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl perks up a bit when he see's Francesco pull out the small pouch and shifts his shoulder bag to face front, however he is still isn't in the best of moods:

i doubt you have the big ass diamond the rainbow king said i would get in that little bag, but i paid the fortune teller 5 silver for the questions asked.

:braidenvayl's eyebrows raise as if a thought had recently come into his mind and he looks at dallid and Francesco:

you two are friends with the queen right?
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Serena's eyes narrowed at Braidenvayl.

No. Just no. I've seen that look in your eyes before.

The archer readjusted her bow to rest lightly on her shoulder and tossed her hair. She shot a wary look at Dallid and Sir Francesco.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"The Rainbow Prince did promise a reward, and though I know not it's nature, that promise still stands. There is much that occupies him currently, as one might understand given the vast changes his land has undergone, but he has not forgotten us. I believe we can trust his promise to be fullfilled once affairs in his kingdom have settled a bit."

He raises an eyebrow at Braidenvayl's question.

"Both Francesco and I offer Esmerelda advice from time to time, but you need not go through us to have her ear. However, she would not seem to be a party to your present concerns. What, indeed, do you have in mind?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

:braidenvayl rolls his eyes at Serena : hey at least now we know that "liberation day" IS a Dwarven holiday, plus we left that tavern....nearly unscathed.

braidenvayl's mood seems to lift as dallid speaks, and he cracks a bit of a smile before answering.: well to be honest, this next request has nothing to do with treasure, it has to do with this: braidenvayl reaches under his tunic and pulls out his necklace with the green jeweled ring on it:

"at certain times the ring glows green and the inn Keeper Korrigan said i should talk to esmerelda about it when i first came to haven, but any ideas or advice would be great. "
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Walks in to the inn and heads over to Braidenvayl

"If you need help decerning if it is indeed magical, I can do that for you, anything more is unfortunately out of my pay grade."

*Leans in close

"When you have a moment, I would also like to speak with you privately, if you wouldnt mind."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“I would think we may conclude magic is involved with this ring, and Korrigan is correct that Esmerelda may be able to help you discern its nature. Of course, any information you can offer regarding it may help. How did you happen to possess it?”