Back at the old Tipsy Traveller...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra looked to Zeira, a sudden concerned look crossing her face.*

That is true. King Galen has gone into hiding, at least I hope he has. Do you think we should take the time to find him? At the very least, we owe the people of Far Reach their king back. What will happen to everybody with him gone?
Azra Celevares
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi appears and looks to Dallid

"I have some unfinished buisness in the area, Dallid, but nothing that will take me all winter. I agree with Ziera, and if we do not find Galen there will be war, or at the very least tension between the dwarven clans and Caldonians. I plan on spending the winter looking for him. I would welcome your company."

He nods to Ziera

"Yours as well, if you're willing."

He looks to Korrigan

"I'll be back around springtime if all goes well. Look me up if you need any work done to your new establishment."

He chuckles and grins

"Though I've never actually built a boat before!"

He regards Atrum and Esmerelda

"I know the two of you have much to do, but I ask one boon. Will you continue to care for my mother and sister for the time being? I offer my services in exchange, as I know the Castle needs repairs. I will be gone for the next few months, however."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I wish I could help but I am currently on punishment. Talk to Esmerelda and maybe I can swap out my time in the mines for time searching for Galen. I do not wish to speak too loud about some of my other thoughts on the matter of the lost king, but I will say this. King Galen was no coward, and the fact that he would go into hiding just because the elves were attacking seems implausable."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Exactly.

Also don't forget his right hand man and my Uncle Sylas went missing too.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He nods

"That wasn't forgotten. It's logical to assume that they are together. May I ask what the Gendarmen have been doing? I havn't seen hide nor hair of them, save for yourself, and would think that the absence of their monarch would spur them into some kind of action."
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Malachi*

I'm not sure what all is going on. I'm sure search parties have been sent out and when I leave once Galen is found and my Uncle they are going to send me word no matter how it goes.

I know my Uncle Sylas, if he doesn't want to be found, he won't be and from the stories Uncle Mohdri told me Galen is the same way.

You haven't seen any Gendarmen because they are behind the wall. A few of us had the option to stay reside within the walls but those of us who have been with you opted to stand and fight for Haven with you all.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

He nods

"No offense meant, but that means they know as little as we do, correct? I understand that they are both skilled hunters, but everyone can be found. It just takes the right set of eyes, and I think I have just the person."

He looks to Zeira

"Can you get in contact with Mortimer?"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Yeah maybe. He can be hard to find sometimes though. Trail is a pretty damn cold if you plan on using traditional methods. I got a different idea though..."

Zeira smiles
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi grins

"I figured you did. Care to let me in on the plan?"
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"Not in front of everyone. They'll yell at me and call me crazy and stupid. We'll talk about it later."

Zeira gives Malachi a wink
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Aurora, I do understand the Caldonian view on magic. Of course I understand. I do not expect to convince them in 10 minutes how magic can be useful. At the very most I hope to sway them into holding off on the destruction of the gate until Galen is found or a new king established, and hope the king grants us an audience before the decision is finalized. But I wish to discuss far more than just the gate. The futures of the numerous peoples settled upon the Caldonian doorstep is in flux.”
“Now I must go to the Caldonian gates and ask to speak to a guard.”

Dallid turns to Zeira on his way out. “Finding Galen would be a boon for all here in Caldonia and Far Reach. That a search must begin soon is agreed.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Runs in front of Dallid*

Leave them be Dallid. The Gendarmen, whomever is in charge right now, or what have you will contact us when they are ready. You very well could be displying a tremendous amount of disrespect by not honoring and taking into account my people's actions. Have you not listend to a single word both Fiona and I have been trying to tell you. We know our people and as a wise man, such as you, should take into account what the natives here are trying to tell you.

Again I'm gonig to STRESS talking to Esmerelda about your issues and have her discuss matters if I can arrange a meeting. A vast majority here, including myself recognize her as the leader of Haven, so let her be one. This is why I believe I can talk my people into seeing her.

Will you not take two moments to pause and allow the leaders here to work on diplomatic ties instead of just rushing off and possibly making the work they need to do that much more difficult?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Certainly. By all means - make your audience request."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Atrum and he can tell she's annoyed at the situation with Dallid but is holding her own and being both calm and rational.*

Well guess I don't need to tell you what I'm about to be up to.

*Turns her attention to Esmerelda*

Can you give me like an hour and then I'll be more then happy to go with you? That should give me enough time to arrange a meeting for you.

*Turns her attention back to Dallid*

I'll be heading to where I need to go by myself. I'll report in to Esmerelda then fill you in on what information I have. If I'm followed I won't head there so just let me be.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid winks at Aurora.

“Why would I, when my hope has been realized? Rest assured, this ignorant simpleton will bother you no further.”