The attack on the inn

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Azara Blackhawk

Post by Azara Blackhawk »

(Looks at Ka and glares for a moment)

Thanks for the vote o' confidence oh horned one.

(Goes back to trying to locate any marks as to the direction upon which the trees and all went)
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*follows everyone down the rope and takes up the rear guard*
Trevor Owen
GM

In a distant shout from the top of the hole...

Post by Trevor Owen »

Goods for sale... highest quality bronze and steel weapons, lanterns, hooks and staves... the very best in modern armours at a discount for brave heroes venturing into the unknown. Will trade for commodities... food, hide, ore, and of course gems are always welcome. Better rates for preferred customers.

I may even be able to provide potions of healing for those who can meet the price. I understand that your supply may be a bit low at the moment.

*at the top of the rope a peddler stands, having just pulled his hand-cart up the dried river-bed into the village. He is travel-stained but fit, and well dressed in colorful blue and gold robes, and looks familiar to some of the town's longer residents.*
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Atrum eyes the man intently

*OOG If this is the Sylvani that I knocked out on the road some time ago please post so*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(You find yourselves in a hole almost circular, about ten feet diameter, so that it is beginning to be a bit of a tight fit with all the people, armor, and weapons. All walls appear to be intact. There do not appear to be tracks of any kind...)
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Um, who's at the top guarding the rope so some strange man can't cut it and leave us stuck down here?
Brikal Farside
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brikal Farside »

Curufin and I are the only Phoenix Guard here right now. The others hopefully are looking after inn defense...
Good.... Bad.... I'm the guy with the crossbow.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Strange. No cavern, no deeper tunnel. The abductors either vanished, or began filling in the tunnel behind them as they traveled.

*Checks the consistency of the surrounding earth.*

We cannot continue pursuit this way. Let us return to the surface and concider how best to proceed.

*Begins scaling the rope*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*kabre kneels on the edge of the hole (bleeding and still only half-outfitted from the ambush in our sleep) assisting dallid and those who wish to climb back out. Also keeps a close eye on the newcomer.

Val, Drake, how badly are you wounded? Roland, you dead?
Azara Blackhawk

*Looks at Arthos*

Guess we need to be talkin' to our sage or whomever could get a lead on this thing. There is not a track of any kind for me to persue.

Now we could go an check it out a bit ourselves and see where things lead, but that call is up ta you.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

(just to clarify, there is no leading anywhere, it is a dead end)
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

(Arthos starts looking around all the walls and floor trying to find a hidden pasage way. (Using Spot Skill & also using detect magic)

Sounds like we need to get Gidden in on this. He might have some luck finding a way to the druid.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

*sighs and climbs back up the rope, having just finished climbing down*

Does anyone remember where they saw the druid last? Perhaps we can track him from there?
Azara Blackhawk

*Cursing while climbing back up the rope*

I have not run into this person whom you are describin'. Perhaps if Giddeon and I worked together on this we can track the bastard down.

*Thinks for a moment and looks at one of the Phoenix Guard*

Where did those little tree beasties come from? I'm reachin' here, but perhaps there are some tracks that could be followed from there.
Brikal Farside
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Brikal Farside »

*just finishing the climb up*

We were all very much asleep when they came in through the door... hmmm.. but they DID come through the door... maybe you could track them back out there...

...I can only imagine you'll find lots of tracks... A band of us went to pay a visit to the Cult of IO after the quest to restore time, to see if the time fix brought them back to life.... the only life we saw was on the way there; some weaker golems of the flesh, and some smaller versions of these vine things. The forest seems to be infested these days...

or maybe the supposed lair in the deep forest is worth another visit??
Good.... Bad.... I'm the guy with the crossbow.