One winter afternoon

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*Fionna blushes slightly at Esmerelda's comment but does her best to hide it from those around her. She grabs her tray of cocoa and heads outside where she begins to build her own fort*

"Esmerelda, looks like everyone is enjoying themselves. I'll show you how we Caldonians enjoy these winter days."

*Bundled in her handmade scarf, mittens, and hat, Fionna begins working on her own fort and pile of snow balls.*
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

OK

*trusk takes his end of the rope outside, tieing it to a tree a short ways away from the inn, than walks back to the inn, leaning against a wall. trusk scratches at his face, leaving a large pale spot, almost like a snakes shed skin. trusk sets his hammer down beside himself, and watches, keeping an eye out for bad things.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda blinks in surprise at the warrior standing before her. Taking a small step back, she looks in the direction he gestures and laughs.

"Yes, I suppose that would be a better place to build, wouldn't it. I guess this can be the goblin fort. Thank you for your offer of assistance, I would be happy to accept it."

She gets up and starts to walk towards the rise. Grinning misceviously at the newcomer, she runs up to Fionna and drops some snow down the back of her cloak...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

*Fiona squeals slightly at the new icy sensation. She looks to Esmerelda with mischief in her eyes.*

Now you're in trouble. I'll get you for that.

*She picks up a pile of snow and throw the whole pile at Esmerelda. She then giggles vigorously, grabs some of her snowballs and runs.
Jaycen Blackhawk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Jaycen Blackhawk »

Jaycen stood and watched the women become distracted by play, an amused look on his face. He was never amazed how easy it was for some to find these moments of happiness.

As snowballs began to fly in the impromptu 'battle', the old soldier realized this was the exact reason he had began to walk the path he had been on for so many years. Smiling faces and carefree lives were worth the cost he and his friends had paid.

The veteran began to build his fortification on the rise, slowly building up a foundation and walls. No one would ever compliment him on the beauty of his design, unless they were blind, but in a short time the basic outline of what he was creating could be seen.

The walls would be thick, better to prevent a powerfully thrown missle from tearing it down. The snow was soon stacked to well over the waist of the soldier, given his height this would give a great deal of cover to those using it as thier base.

The veteran stopped his project when the sound of raised voices carried to him from within the inn. Curious, the warrior stopped his project and began walking towards the inn.

He grabbed his weapon belt and slung it over his shoulder and hefted his shield, making his way into the warm inn.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Soldier
Mercenary
The Last Hawk