In walks a man...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin waited until the others had finished their sentences before addressing Kal'jura again. She sat beside him and smiled softly. “Long indeed have been the years, nine by my count. I was little more than a lass then, though I believed differently at the time.” Her grin was self-effacing. There is little of that girl in the woman I have become, for the years since we parted have not always been kind to me. The world is changed, people change.” There was the mereist hint of bitterness in her voice, and a far off look in her eyes.

“Much befell us upon leaving your beautiful lands, part of me has often wondered how my life may have been different, perhaps better, had we remained. But alas, one can never know what may have been, only what was. There was war in the lands of the Silver Throne, wars with mages and orcs alike. I am a warrior, as well you know, and so I fought. We all did. Some lived, some did not.” She shrugged. “Then… there was the Cataclysm. Nothing remains of that which was. Some of us have bound together here, to make a place worth defending, a place we can call home and raise our families.” Her left hand drifted from her lap to her midsection, her thoughts on the child there.

“Vulrau is indeed here, though on a mission for my Lord at present. Gin is with my Lady mother, ill I’m afraid. They live in the settlement two days from here, Woodhold. Both are otherwise well and content, or as much as it is possible so far from the tides of the sea.”

She sighed. “You have seen it truly, as was always your gift. I am Eastern born… and with no star by which to sail. The seas are lost to me, for I have seen none since the remaking of the lands.” Robin gave him a sad smile. “I do not know the way by which we might find the Land of the Five Thrones, my friend, but I will try if you would have it of me.”

“As for myself, I am soon to be…” she looked for the right word. His tongue was a long time from her lips and she had forgotten much of it with disuse. “Ka’lea here, for the Ka’lef of this land is my betrothed. Haven is my home, my ship now. This is my Star, the safe harborage I would carve from the wilds.”
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Hearing talk about stars Eli bound down the stairs and fixes his great pointed hat upon his head. Bare foot as usually his cloths dirty from playing in the woods collecting components for his spells he runs over to the bench and hides behind Robin.

In the back ground Arthos can be heard grumbling…
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Eli

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos walks into the Inn cover with mud and soot with a ferce look on his face, he scans the Inn looking intently for someone. He than notice the new stranger and turns to leave. As he leaves a couple choice words can be heard*

That Eli, when I get my hands on him....., Fire.... Fishing......., I need to have a talk with Lord Corybn....... giving him ideas.......... Need to get cleaned up...... guest in Haven......
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn covers her mouth and tries to stop from laughing out loud when she sees Arthos.*

*Looks at Eli*

Now that was entertaining....
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Eli waits until Arthos is gone then walks out from behind the table,

"Why I wonder whom he is looking for?" A little white paint is on Eli's finger tips... Anyone looking at Arthos, noticed a white stripe in his hair.. that did not use to be there. "Hi, I'm Eli, whats your name?" He says to the new comer.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn softly begins to giggle when she notices the white strip.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin could not help but laugh at the look of her Sworn brother, for she could put to and two together. She tried to hide her smile as she looked down at her son. "My little one... what have you been up to? not causing your dear uncle trouble, I hope." She raised an eyebrow, always a sign that she would know if he were fibbing. She was a mother, she had magical powers of truth seeing, after all.

She gave her new friend a wink. "This, Kal'jura, is my adopted son Eli, magus of great skill and cookie eating fame." She laughed softly.

"Eli, this is the Wise One and Keeper of the Book, Kal'jura, a friend of mine from very long ago. He hails form the Land of Five Thrones beyond the Great Azure Sea."

This Robin was softer than the one Kal'jura had known all those years ago. Motherhood had changed her, it seemed.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*Placing his white painted fingers behind his back, "why I simply cannot imagine whatever Arthos could possibly be looking for... :lilangel:

*he extends his hand to the kaju-ju-waz person... which just happens to be the one with white on it, then suddenly realizing it he wipes it off on his cloak and puts it back out, "HI, it is nice to meet you! What are 5 thrones, do you get to sit in all of them, are there five people to sit in them? Are they kings? How can 5 kings be in charge, do they vote when it comes time to make a decision? What’s a blue sea? For that what’s a sea? How did you get here? I could teleport you home if you could send them a message to open a portal there, though that sort of magic as of late has been hazardous, hmmm *he takes a breath for the first time since starting...

Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Varlen Kal'jura »

*Varlen stands as Kidwynn offers to change set with the other lady. He offers the new lady a place to set. Than smiles at Kidwynn, and set himself once the other has setted herself. Once everyone is found a place to set he starts to talk again.*

"Oh I see I shall have to find Vulrau once he gets back. I am sure he and I will have much to talk about. I am sorry to hear that your brother is ill. Is there anything that we might do to help him? I am sure that Advizir or myself can try and help. If you need us we are here.

As for you becoming a Shobu it is a grand thing to hear. I wish you the blessing of the fine fates. May your rule be a glory to the sun and the moon. Is your Ka'lef nearest so that I might meet this most impressive person. For I would also like to set up a time so that my Ka'lef and your Ka'lef can meet. Is that a possible thing to do? Or are the costum here very different that the ones I am use too?"

*He stop's and laughs at the that of him being a sailor. Than turns to the new lady.*

"I am sorry my dearest flower I have not giving you my name. I am Varlen Kal'jura it is an honor to meet you. It was rude of me to offer you a set but not introduce myself to you. Please forgive my savaginess it shall not happen again. An who might this flower be Child of the East? Is this one mor of your julsan or a ship mate?"

*As the dirty Barbarain walks over to the table Varlen slide his set to face the savage. He eyes the savage with a kindness an almost saddness you could feel come off him. He lets the savage talk, than seem to nod to Robin.*

"Is this a common sight around here? I have not seen a savage in many weeks. The last ones I had seen where in the Cromina Jungles of the southern plains. Do they eat the flesh of their prey like those of the Cromina Jungles? I would hope not but one can not be to careful these days. "

*He than offers her a refill form his wineskin as he does to all at the table. Than looks down almost puzzled at the sight of the child. Than with a smile he nods to the young child and extends his hand to claps it in a hand shake.*

"Greetings Olna'ru Eli I am Valren Kal'jura it is an honor to meet you. "

*As Eli rattles out his question Valren nods to him. Listing and thinking of how to answer each question to the best of his knowledge. Than as Eli talks he spins his travel bag about landing it softly on the table. he opens it up. And than pulls out a set of maps and odd tools.*

"Well Olna'ru Eli I can anwser most of the question you asked. Yet there are a few I can not answer only my Ka'lef could answer them. For it is not in my place to. I know that might sound odd to even one of your grace. But it is my place in where I came form."

*At this point he offers Eli a place to set on his knee so Eli can see the maps better.*

"As for the Five Thrones of the Empire they go as followed. My Ka'lef is form the Northern realms of the De'jos kingdom. It is the lands called the Sapphire Throne do to our histroy. It was there that his elders gave the fates a Sapphire called the Tear of D'Jos after the first king of that area. They are widely known for their writing and teaching of the art of the fates.
Than there is the Kingdom of the Western realms of Rashan'tas. That is where I was born. They are nown as the Emerald Throne. They are master of the field, and hills. Many of them are skilled hunters and warroirs. It is were they gave the fates the Emerald Sun of Gensulo.
Now over here is the Kingdom of the Southern realms of Cromina and Shazar. They are known to all for their tribes of savages in the Cromina jungles and the wood that they can find there. It was in Shazar that they are master of the crafts. They had giving the fates the Ruby Salkio Cup of Renewal.
Plus you have the lands to the far Eastern kingdoms called Rashania. They are the ones best known for the crafting of boats, and sailing the Gurna Sea's. They are also gave a gift to the fates in the form of a huge giant black pearl called the Gurna Eye. An that is where my Ka'lef once was in Wa'kola of the Child of the East, as well as her other friends.
As for the last Kingdom they are not really a kingdom they are the Empire. For he having so much to the fates an his people that he gave it all up for the right to live amoung us all. He has no lands but he has all lands. He has not kingdom but he has an estate in the middle of all the kingdoms. An to do this he had to give up his poeple, his lands, and a giant Diamond tooth, known as the Fang of the Hazashim.
So to answer your queery of can you set on all five thrones. No only the Empirer can do that I am sorry to say. Well yes they help run each of their own kingdoms and the Empirer has his say as well. But that is a topic best left to my Ka'lef to answer.
Oh the deep blue sea's oh how they roll on for days upon days. Think of water so clean, so clear, and so large it take weeks to get over it. It is like watching the land flux and fold upon itself only to calm down and stretch on for more than the eye can see. Hmm I like it but it is not like the sandy mountains form where I trained most of my life. But is a gloriest to see.
Hmm how did we get here. I really do not remmber a lot. I remember traveling and than things changed. As for sending us home I would think that you would have to ask my Ka'lef. I am not once again in a place to make such things happen. An if the fates wish us home I would think that they might send us their themselfs."

*Varlren stops for a time to listing to everthing going on around him and to listin to the others.*
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

*When you ask about Arthos eating people Eli laughs and giggles for a good while, then makes little eating people noises to Robin..yan yan yan...

"Mom, tell him Arthos doesn't eat people... right mom...mom... mommy..." a little worried look crosses his face as if wondering if wolves eat their young... and he gulps...

When the conversation turns to him he is all... ears... running over to sit on Varlen Kal'jura lap and look at his maps.

"How big was the black pearl? And this diamond fang, that sounds like it would be a great focus point! Are then thrones really made of Emerald? That would be one BIG emerald!"

*When you start talking about a body of water that takes days upon days to cross, he smiles and says, "Mom is always trying to tell me about these 'seas' but I think she is just picking on me. How could that much water be in one place? Someone would get a bunch of water skins, and claim the place, and then charge to get water. Besides woudn't it all leak out the bottom...?"

But he likes the maps and looks them all over intently while Varlen Kal'jura talks, and follows along with everything he says.

"What are all these strange words you have for things? I keep getting mixed up. Are you like a tribal warrior, or protector or something? Do you have leader or king or empror or maybe just a person you protect?"

Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*As Varlen is speaking to Eli about the sea and bits and pieces about his culture, although keeping a watchful eye on things, Kidwynn's mind begins to wonder. She is trying to place if she had ever seen this man's people before on the seas from back in the day. She was also wondering how long it was going to be before he realized what she once was and if it might make things a bit tense. No matter how one explains it, she was what she was, sold on board or no, but back then she look a lot differently then she did now.*

*When Eli starts talking about waterskins and all, Kidwynn looks at him.*

The person who collect that type of water Eli wouldn't have made much of a profit. Most of the seas waters are very salty. When the wind is blastin' the sails and the ship is moving pretty fast, like during a storm, at time that water would spash you and get in your eye luv and would sting a bit. The picture of calm on the open water is right before sunrise, when the suns rays hit the water and the world just wakes up. It's actually pretty calming sight to watch as well as the light of the full moon all around you reflected in the water, while one is standing on board their ship. The stars are so crystal clear....

*She looks at everyone*

Sorry, all this talk of sailin' and all is making me a little notsalgic for the things I miss about life on the open water. Life is pretty good here *winks at Robin*, but I just miss the serenity of the water and with the fishing village all moved and that water mass gone, I guess part of me is sad that it is gone.
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

I am honored to meet you Varlen Kal’jura. I am Audry.
*She gives him a bow*
“I have arrived here from Woodhold a few days ago. I was aboard the Talon with Robin when the world changed.”

*She smiles and nods as Eli asks all his questions. And tries to muffle her laugh when he mentions selling the water from the sea.*
Varlen Kal'jura
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Varlen Kal'jura »

*As Eli ask his question Varlen smiles and shakes his head at the throne comment. Than chuckles a bit to himself.*

"Well little Olna'ru we have four kings one for each realm. One Empirer to rule us all, and to see that justice is made. He is also the center point of our civilization. For one can not be a civilizied race of folks without someone to rule them. Even teh Olna'ru of where I am form are like that. They have many many Kings and one Empirer as well. That is how the fates had shown us how to live. So that is what we embraced.

As for the Pearl and the other treasure that where giving to the fates. The pearl was said to be the size of my fist or al little bit larger. Thou I have near seen that item up close. I am not a fond of the Southern Realm.
The Emerald was the size of both my fists claps as one. I have seen that item of note. It is the head of the kings leadership staff.
The Diamond fang is a blade mode of diamands and it looks like a large fang of a dragon. That is always by his Empirer side.
The Ruby cup is known for its healing power and is said to be in the hand of the King down in the southern realms. It is said it's made out of Rubby and gold. With a blowed basin for the water of the Lon'de tree to fall into.
Ah and yes the Sapphire is very large I do believe it is the largest out of the itmes given next to the Empirers gift. It is the crown setting in the Kings throne room of D'jos. It is said no man nor beast can lie in the sight of the tear. An it they do they shall fall into the tears of the Mundi and confuse their souls to the king. This I believe Ihave seen a few in the days back there fall to the floor in pain and cry out for forgiveness. It was not a tail you shoul dwish to learn little one.

Hmm good point on the seas. how come they do not fall out or drain. THat is a better question to ask Advizier when he get here. He is a well learned sage of things. I am not that well learned I am afraid to say in those areas.

Oh the writing on the maps that is key those are keys and points of note. Like this funny one here is called Wun'jo. it is a place in the northern part of the Sapphire Throne it is well known for its writings in the arts.

Well known young Olna'ru I am a monatic warroir of my Ka'lef. I am here to help guild him the right path. So that I might someday be releaves from a vow I had giving. But that is a story for much later if you do not mind."
Audry
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Audry »

*Audry looks from Eli studing the maps on the table to Varlen Kal'jura*

Is your Kal’ef coming here soon?
Audry
member of Gryffin Guild
member of Dead Ladies Society

“The old father wove the skein of your like long ago. Go hide in a hole if you wish. You won’t live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man NOTHING!”
Varys Snow
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Varys Snow »

*The sound of boots approaching the entrance to the inn and the door opening announce the entrance of a road-weary and dusty Varys. He looks around the inn and breathes a sigh, happy that he is home. He spies Robin sitting in the small group of people and he approaches, relief showing on his face that nothing untoward has happened to her while he was in Woodhold.*

“My apologies Captain, for the interruption, but I…”

*His voice trails off as he does a double take on the strangely dressed man in front of her. As he stares at him, recognition crosses his features to be replaced by incredulity, delight, and concern, in that order.*

“By the Western Winds, Kal’Jour, is it really you?” *Varys remembers his manners then and politely bows to Varlen, hands pressed together in front of him. As Varlen rises and returns the gesture, Varys wraps him in a bear hug, much to the dismay of Varlen.*

“What are you doing here? How is the Ka’lef? Have you been released from your service?” *He rattles off those questions and more in a very similar way that Eli was asking his not too long ago.*

“But wait, I’m sorry, my questions can wait, it is good to see you my friend. However, I must take your leave for a few minutes as I just returned in town and need to find my Duke, my Ka’lef, as it were. Captain Robin,” he says turning to her, and giving her a slight laugh and a shake of his head, looking at Varlen again. “I received your note and spoke with your mother and she gave me these books for you. Do you know the whereabouts of Corbyn? I need to speak with him and let him know how my trip to Woodhold went.” *He hands her a satchel full of books, and as Eli peeks in, he sees titles regarding learning magic and using magic, though they all seem like basic texts for beginners.*