In the middle of the night...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

When the cry first rang out Don mayo was one of the first there, but simply remained quite while others took charge. After it is clear that Robin is ok, he returns to the background near the door, where he had been keeping guard since she had first gone into the room and closed the door, after telling him she did not need him to keep watch. He squats down to avoid attention awaiting his replacement.

She would have a guard at hand weather she liked it or not, even if they had to take care she remained oblivious of them.
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin took the hand Donovan offered her, and squeezed it tightly, as if he alone held her to the here and now. They were alike, she and he; commanders of men, savants of the sward. They little understood or liked magic, for they had seen too often the terrible devastation it left behind without regard. So too had they both much crimson stained upon their hands, for they were those who made the hard choices for which others always later damned them. They fought the endless battle for the Light, even if that meant walking in darkness. They understood one another. They were kindred spirits.

As she gazed into the depths of his eyes, she saw all his concerns there, and the hard truths. She saw what he feared he might one day be forced to do, and she bowed her head. She did not want him to see her tear.

“My heart begs that you are right, my friend, and that what we will do shall be enough. I pray whatever powers might listen hear our pleas, and give us the strength to do what must be done...” She looked up and met his eyes again, “The necessary thing, no matter how painful that might be.” The tear fell, for they both knew what she was asking of him. “If that time comes, then I know you, all of you, will do what is right for Haven. I would have nothing of you but that, so long as I live.”

She sighed, and leaned into Arthos, closing her eyes for a moment. “I hate that we have come to this,” she whispered. “I am no mage, and dislike magic a great deal. I am angry that, for the battles of dragons, we are left here to deal with the aftermath. They will be fine, but it will always be we here who must suffer the most.” Her head began to pound, but she did her best to ignore it.

“Most, I think I am sorry that I must make you worry… and force you to make hard choices down the line. I know full well that you will always now wonder what lies behind my every word and action. You will wonder if it is really me, or perhaps the maneuverings of the essence I bear. You will fear to leave Corbyn alone with me, and at every turn wonder when the hammer will fall.” She sighed with quiet resignation. “You will meet in secret and discuss whether or not something should be slipped into my wine, so that I might not be turned against you, or so that the babe be not brought fourth. You may not think so now, but I know… it will happen. And you will hate yourselves for it.”

Robin opened her eyes again, and gave them a soft smile. “I will tell you now, I will ever hold you blameless for anything that you must do. Protect Corbyn, and love Haven. That is all I wish. For now, I think that we are alright, for the babe is too small to even be noticed, but by the knowledge of a dragon. We still have time… for now. As for what the future may hold,” she shrugged. “That I do not know. I only know that we must keep going, planning, and preparing. As we have seen with this prophecy, even when we think we’re on the right track, something beyond our control happens and we are burned for it.”

Her headache was getting worse, harder to ignore, but she kept trying. She looked around for her glass of wine, until she realized she had shattered the bottle. Pity, she lamented with a rueful grin, that was my last of the Woodhold Fall. Robin turned to Ug. “We must begin with protection and purification spells… I can’t imagine that he can do much in the form of a newborn, but we cannot afford to underestimate him. I’m sure he has minions here who will seek to kidnap him at birth, and I will not be able to help you then. He was known to use undead, so we need to start training undead slayers and witch hunters. We’ll need…” but she didn’t finish. Another wave of pain ran through her entire body and she curled into a ball. Arthos held her until the spasm passed, but when it did she was pale and shaking.

“Apparently he didn’t like the sound of that,” she tried to joke. She sighed deeply and lay back upon her pillows, still trying to pay attention. She knew she would not likely be getting back to sleep, so she figured she may as well be up making plans for the future.

“I was debating whether we should tell everyone I was wrong and everything is fine… so they don’t worry. Let at least someone around here should get some sleep.” She grinned.
"Is misery made beautiful, right before our eyes?
Will mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?"
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug finally picks himself up and speaks in an even tone.*

My knowledge tells me that Narnian was a great and wise man once. However I believe that he suffered from meglomania. He does everything on his own, I doubt there are those who serve him.

Nay, it is those who WISH to serve him that we must be wary of, and they will not take your baby, they will steal you away in the middle of the night.

There are four stages in which this will run. Four chances to stop Narnian. Let us all hope that the first works.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

Robin's eyes widened a bit as she heard Ug speak. Though she was aware that his elven nature came out from time to time, it was never the less surprising each time. She listened carefully, and nodded in understanding. She had not thought about the fact that there would be those who saught out the Dark One, and that meant she was indeed in danger. She had thought really only of the danger she maight pose to others, not that which others might pose to her. She sighed softly.

"What are these... stages?" The intrigues of evil mages were far from her forte, and she needed to udnerstand it if she, and her child, were to survive this mess.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug coughs and weezes, then turns his head and spits blood on the floor.*

Perhaps stages is the wrong word. There are four....options or...remedies that I can think of for this situation. The first being the least invasive, the last being the most.

I am working on the first already. If you know of any master craftsmen, especially if they are well versed in books, and even better, if they have any arcane knowledge, bring them forward as I could certainly use their help in researching his vial.

*Ug reaches his arm out toward Donovan, but misses and drops to his knees, coughing and hacking blood all over the floor.*
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

"Ug!" Robin cried out, concern ringing out in her voice. She untangled herself from her covers before Arthos could put out a hand to remand her to bed and ran to the side of her friend, cradeling his head in her lap. Through the thin white linnen of her nightgown she could feel that he was burning up.

"Oh Ug," she lamented,"what have you done?" She turned her face toward Donovan helplessly, her eyes begging for reassurance. "If only Corbyn were here..." She held back a quiver in her voice. "We need Dillid, and with haste!"

"Drake," she called out knowing he would be keeping watch on her door. "Send for Dillid, and hurry! It's Ug!"

She held the Elf/Orc to her trying to be soothing, fighting off another wave of dizziness in the process.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Hearing the scream for Drake while awake she looks at him and in a faint voice.*

I can watch the door while you go and find Dallid. Either that or see if I can track him down myself.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*Drake was indeed keeping watch over her chambers and hearing her cry for help he acts quickly*

"Dallid!! We need you up here now!!"

*If Dallid does not answer his call inside, Drake will run quickly outside to find him*
Drakelenas Elderich
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Catching him before he falls any further, Donovan carries Ug to the bed and gently sets him down. Removing his gloves, he places his hands on Ug's head and chest.

"Call for Shale and Lambic as well. I don't know that Dallid will be able to do anything I cannot..." His voice sounds far away and seems to echo with a deep, ethereal resonance. A nimbus of light springs up around him as white fire begins to burn in his eyes. Motes of light begin to rise from Ug's form as Donovan focuses the pure essence of life through his body, searching for the reason for his collapse.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*After hearing the Scream of a Lady from within the inn, Darkarath looks over to Chargoth*

"What now?"

*Heaping himself up off of the table he was situated at for guard duty, protecting the front door, Darkarath heads to the door.*

"Ill go in and see, you....stay comfortable"

*With a smile to his dwarven comrade Darkarath opens the door to the Lodge*

*Seeing everyone running around, and hearing Donovan's order Darkarath turns back to the door and rouses Chargoth.*

"Guard the door, ill take up postition at the edge of the stairs to the inn, If someone is trying to escape it wont be by us my friend!"

*Darkarath leaps off the entryway and lands on his feet at the bottom of the ramp to the lodge*
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Even as Donovan mentions summoning him Shale steps from the shadows near Donovan at the doorway from his bunk just around the corner, where he had been lurking and listening to the conversation and seeming quite unamused. His gaze at Robin one of disdain, and waining into contempt for what she had done. There was much to be asked, but he had been called to duty... so he bit his tongue.

He salutes Donovan, and waits to be recognized. "You called for me Sir?" he asked.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

As Shale steps from the shadows Donovan looks up from Ug's form for an instant and follows Shale's gaze. His eyes narrow, but he says nothing about it. When he does speak, his words are still deep and resonant.

"Magus Basinstoke, Ug seems to have collapsed. Though I am healing him, I would have you examine him as well. Your talents will be needed if his affliction is arcane in nature."
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Robin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Robin »

How she could have forgotten that Donovan was a healer of great skill was beyond Robin, and she shook her head at herself. It was unlike her to forget such basic things. Her attention, however, was upon Ug, for she cared a great deal about him. After all, she had been his first friend in Haven.

Someone entered the room, and she could feel their eyes upon her. Robin looked up and saw the contempt and disgust in Shale's eyes. Normally, she would have just taken it and spoken to Donovan about it later. Right now, however, she found herself siezed by an almost unnatural anger.

"You had better wipe that look off of your face, High Magus, or I will do it for you. Do not dare enter into my rooms with that look of judgment on your face. By my grace and sacrafice were the lives of some of the Phoeinx bought as well, and you would be wise to remember it." Her normally joking voice was hard and cold.

She gave him one last, dismissive look and turned her attention back to Ug.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn looks at the new Phoenix that has arrived. She speaks to him kindly, but the words are difficult for her to get out due to her voice still be almost all but gone.*

I think unless the Capt'n orders me to leave, he and I have the door Darkarth.

*She looks at Drake*

Then again I do remember the orders you gave me. I'm just concerned and all....

At least if I'm going with what you requested me to do earlier, might I please at least brew Robin some tea to help calm her nerves a little bit?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Ug
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ug »

*Ug looks up warily at Donovan.*

Ug'll be otay, jus need lax zall.

*He stands slowly and looks to Robin.*

Bite yur tung, or be dressun me gild memburz wit ruspuct. Me no wut hiz fase be tinkin, me tink he be tinkin de same tings me be doun, but me to buzzie tryun fix ure mustake den perkutin use fer it. Make no dout dat me gunna be seekin de persekutun Robun. Me alwayz care fer use, but a standurd must be held and if'n a zample must be made, den it must. Me will seek it, but me tink it may partly be bazed on de outcome uf dis endevor, so me been holdun back.