To the Village in search of the Perfect Being

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To Dallid*

While that may be very possible I think that we should gather as much information about this phenomenon as possible. We know very little about the effects of being inhabited by an aspect of the being. Granted it could affect animals very differently than humaniods, but still it may give us some insight.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*To Atrum*
“Agreed. Unless there are more questions for our host, we should next follow Kidwyn back to the deer’s remains.”

*To Jaemis*
“And thank you for the information provided. Should you desire community, you are welcome to accompany us when we return to Haven, though the housing is significantly more modest. Regardless, we will likely meet again.”

*To Lambic*
“Size is relative. The possibility exists the one we found was the runt of the pack. Another concern is the lone predator tracks by the deer. It may not have been a pack animal at all.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I agreed with you Dallid, about the size. Let's head to see the dear and then take it from there.

Jaemis, thanks for you help. **Lambic offers his hand to the man to shake.**
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Already a few steps ahead of the group tapping her foot impatiently.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The group follows Kidwynn to the location of the deer. It lies on its side, a huge gash in its neck, blood matting down its hair in that area. She points out the lone wolf print, a single paw print nearly under the deer's belly.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Curious. The wolf killed, but did not eat. Perhaps when Action entered it, it could not sit still long enough to do so. “

“Only a single print to consider. Perhaps the deer’s body protected it from the elements as the rest of the wolf’s trail weathered away. Fortunately we have a more recent trail of wolves not far away. Let us hope action is indeed among them.”

“Now for the deer. A dead creature is a thing beyond my capabilities, but I will find out what I can. Many symptoms of disease, such as fever and dilated pupils, are lost on death.”

*Checks over the deer carefully for unusual signs and infections preceding death – in particular, signs of the disease the wolf on the trail had. Checks the print and the wound for an idea of the size of the wolf.*
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Shakes his head.*

“Certain shamanistic rituals might gather information from the dead, but those I do not do. I can find nothing useful about the deer. The wolf, however, was indeed rather large.”

“Unless someone here has further concerns with this place, let us return to the wolf and see if we can locate its pack from there.”
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Heads off in the direction of the wolf not really wanting to stand around and discuss matters to death.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*Heads off after Kidwynn following her lead in tow

"How are we supposed to exactly find these beings anyways? do they conviently wear a sign that says what entity they are possessing or what?"
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Bactracking quickly, not wanting to lose the trail of the wolves, the party hurries back the way they came until the early evening when they return to the Wolf that was diseased but is now dead. No tracks indicate anyone had been to this location since the group had left for the village.

The wolf tracks, still seen, are easy to follow, and the group does so at a light jog, but it quickly becomes clear that they will never catch up to the wolves during the little remaining daylight.

Being both fearless (somewhat) and tireless (kind of), the group travels on anyway, trusting the trackers to find the wolves and the fighters to deal with them.

Suddenly a strange fog rolls in that is more disorienting than anything, but it does put the nerves of the group into high alert. The howling of the wolves arises suddenly to the right, and the group turns on guard, but no animal charges them from the fog. After several moments, the party heads on once again but, after about ten minutes, the howls appear again, this ime from the left.

Feeling distinctly surrounded but still fearless (a little bit) and tireless (kind of sort of), the group moves on again after the howls die down and it becomes clear they will not attack. Indeed, it is their passivity within this fog that is perhaps makes the group the most uneasy.

After about thirty minutes into the night, the group approaches a wolf lying dead on the side of the road, just as the fog begins to lift, and as they look around, torches blazing, it becomes immediately clear that this is the same wolf and that they had gone around in circles...
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looking irriated*

Bloody hell!!!! What is the deal with this fog?

I can try to get a track o' things in da mornin'. Either that or a few of us can give it another go.
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*Looks around puzzled

"I dont ever remember turning off from the path? How in the world did we end up back where we started?!"
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I do not think it is a good idea to split the group. I say we stay together and stay alive.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

This fog may not be of natural origin. The Evil Dragon may be trying to thwart us – as this is but a game to it. To continue we require our wits, which in turn require rest. Let us sleep now and continue pursuit of the wolves during the light of day.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn appears irritated*

Not even tired...more a lot of different things then tired luv. This isn't normal and I'd like to get ta the bottom of it.