To the Village in search of the Perfect Being

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

DrakelenasElderich
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DrakelenasElderich »

*Drake looks over at Kels*

"If I remember correct this is what happened when we went to Mels house also. A set of smaller tracks that seemed to just vanish. I wonder if it was this Gnome that was there."
Drakelenas Elderich
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

*Dallid turns to Drake and Kidwyn*

"Those tracks I believe belonged to Anna. They vanished when the Evil Dragon took her. I fear this may be the fate of Ulie, as well, though I must wonder why the Evil Dragon did not take the Host of Order when it knew his location."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"Well, if he's evil," the man said, "Perhaps he just got more enjoyment out of taking a child, and maybe he wanted it known that he knows whatever it is you are up to. I do hope they are all right, though I think you said they were...Anyway, that night you speak of was horrible. Horrible. I hope to never witness anything like it. The screaming stil rings in my ears, but let me start at the beginning. They came at night. There were umblings heard from an hour before because they were not quiet about it. Few people left though because we couldn't believe they were coming here. I mean, what is here that anyone would want. I still don't know the answer to that question.

"There were a couple Orcs, but mostly humans, and their leader was this crazy man. You could just tell he wanted blood, and perhaps that was the only reason why they came. They were well armed, all with finely crafted weapons and sublime armor. We were no match really. They came, we fought back. We killed several but they killed all who didn't flee, or at least I thought so. I fled, I'm afraid to say. I have no skills in fighting. I'm not proud of it.

"Afterward, with the buildings up in smoke, I found Ulie nearly dead. I was able to bind his wounds and nurse him back to health and he was a new man, committed to rebuild the town, even if it was just the two of us. We were not entirely alone, not the whole time. There was this dear," he said and chuckled loudly. "It was the craziest thing. It was jumping all over the place, almost as if it couldn't sit still, just kept running and jumping until it would literally collapse from exhaustion. The poor thing was killed a couple weeks ago I'm afraid. Some carnivore got to it while it slept. Then, like I said, for three days I've been alone, just waiting for the return of Ulie and the others. Do tell Mel and Anna of this wonderful town...if you see them again that is."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Anna and Mel are indeed now safe and will learn of what you have here. And, yes, the actions of Darkness are often incomprehensible to those in the Light. Indeed, our foe needs only to hold from us a single Aspect to prevent action against him, and it would seem he captured Ulie not long after we rescued Anna and secured Order.”

“But this deer you speak of would seem to have held the Aspect of Action. Could you point us in the direction of where it was killed?”

*He turns to Kidwyn.*

“This carnivore is likely to have left a very distinct trail."
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Looks over at Dallid and then to Drake, Kels, and Atrum.*

Guess I'll go back out and take a look around.

*Takes off into the woods.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic steps to the front of the group (with respect to the gentleman). He says something quitely to Dallid as he steps past him and then turns to the gentleman. Lambic begins to question the man, putting a long enough pause between questions to allow him to answer.**

These men and orcs that raided your town, you say they had excellently crafted armor, can you describe it to me?

Are you a craftsman, a blacksmith, an armorsmith or weaponsmith perhaps?

Did the they all wear the same symbol or icon?
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*To noone in particular*

Wolves are carnivoires, and if the deer nearly ran itself to death... maybe that wolf's death wasn't actually so natural after all. Seems we should have investigated that scene more than we did.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"That wolf was not a host, at least when we found it, and was brought down by disease. The possibility remains, however, that the host of Action is a member of its pack."

"We may consider that course should the trail of the deer's predator not be found."
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"I am no smith, I'm afraid, but I do believe I have an eye for quality. The way the armor glistened, the way it fit as if tailored for each specifically, the way that our efforts seemed to simply glance off of them, all of this suggested a finer quality than we of this town are used to. I don't remember a specific icon or symbol, but ti's possible. I'm afraid my memory has a faded a bit in regards to the specifics."
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*After a bit Kidwynn comes back and once again heads towards Kels, Drake, and Atrum.*

Ok luvs this is what I found...

I discoverd some crazy deer tracks going in a seemingly inefficient route out of town. They basically went back and forth and to and fro as if the bloody thing was simply jumping all over the place. I ended up about a quarter mile from town to a dead deer. There were no other tracks around the animal save for a lone canine track.

I figure the rest, has been wiped clean, but seeing how the rest of the pieces gravitated toward Haven, I think we can assume that this one will as well.

*She grins mischeviously*

Besides how difficult could it be to track a crazy wolf.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum arches an eyebrow*
A lone canine track, and the deer is dead as well. Dallid you should atleast check to see if the deer that Kidwyn has found had some disease as well. It could be a side affect of the merging with the aspect of the being. We have no idea how the merging affects animals, truthfully we still aren't sure of the long term effects on humanoids either.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“The possibility Action lies within the wolfpack we encountered previously has certainly increased. Indeed, should the host of Action be running the pack to exhaustion, the sick would be the first to fall. They certainly did not seem to acquire rest last night. If we are quick, we may catch them at their most vulnerable. Cautioned is advised, however. For if the large creature we found was not the Alpha, then the danger we chase after is great, indeed.”

“But first…”

Dallid turns back to the resident and places a hand on his shoulder (sense magic).

“Mel and Anna will certainly wish to know the name of he whom we found here.”
DarKarath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by DarKarath »

*DarKarath waits patiently while all the discussion goes on, and keeps a watchful eye out from anything and everything that moves*

*Thinking to himself that he may be a little parnoid he remembers all that has happened to him since leaving Eldesta, and chuckles out loud*

*Embarassed and coughs*

"Sorry bout that"
Formerly DarKarath
Loyal Guardsmen of the Phoenix Guard
Azure Shield Company

Now Working on a new Character...
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

**Lambic muses to himself**

The pack leader has Action and ran the sick member of his pack to death....I never thought of that....But why was it so big then......?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

"Jaemis is my name. He'll know who you mean. Thank you for passing that on to Mell and Anna."