I would like to give great thanks...

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

I would like to give great thanks...

Post by dier_cire »

I would like to thank some specific individuals for their particular heroisms this evening. Our battle was long and many fell in the battle with the army, but we emerged victorious in the end.

To Grok: without your aid none of this would have been possible. You have the greatest bladder of any orc in the kingdom. Thanks for your ability to gather weapons for our town members and gathering town members from under the noses of our captors...

To Ug: you were the pivotal instrument in this victory. Without your castings we wouldn't have defeated the troops and thus quite possibly never achieved this.

To Corbyn: you stayed with me and helped devise the plan to defeat our enemy. It was my pleasure to fight along your side when we ultimately went forward with our attack.

To Setheral: without your shield, I wouldn't have been able to inflict the damage I did at the end. As well, your efforts will be remembered, as after losing your shield you still fought well, helping kill the "king" and his champions.

To Atrum: for your ale afterwards, and your beautiful strike on the king. One for the record books.

To all the town that came to our aid after the initial blast. Without your rallying, we could have never defeated the king. There were many of you and you know who you were.

To all who kept those who were injured during the combat alive. Obviously, many of us might not be here now had you not helped out. And as well, to the fallen, who's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

And finally to Nuk: I won't say how the dark-elf/Tsunotaur half-breeds came about but, it was enjoyable for me. :)
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum raises his glass*

To Haven and all those that have fought to defend it. I just wish that Lao and I could have suceeded in our mission.

ANNOSUS HAVEN!!
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Ka, you are as worthy of praise as any other you named. Your strength and cunning are a testament to the quality of individual residing in this town.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

*Lambic raises a mug with Atrum.*

Aye, to the HAVEN!
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok's curiousity is piqued when she hears Ka speak her name and she turns to listen to him, nodding somewhat and raising her eyebrows a bit as if she is surprised. When he is done speaking and after she and the others raise their mugs in toast, she says to Ka:*

"Tank you for de words. You like me or no make no diff'rence if I gonna save you life when dis town gonna be attack. It never did and never will. Frankly, I know you save me life, too... and Donno at dat."

"Trut is, dat when we need to, dis town pull togetter and we work togetter. Maybe we all should remember dat when we arguing around de fire..."

*Grok looks out the window contemplative*
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I agree with Grok.

We all pulled together when it came right down to it luvs. That is something perhaps that we need to keep in mind. We have the ability to do it, now we just need to work on making that a more permanent approach on things.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos with his hair and eyebrows burnt off and looking terrible raises his mug with everyone else*

To Haven and a new start and new friendships.

*Smiles towards Grok & Atrum with a look of respect and a smile friendship and says*

As far as I'm concerned what was between us in the past is dead and buried. From this point forward I would be honnored to count you as friends.
My Thoughts

Aaron
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Stands from his bench and raises his mug of ale high*

While we are thanking those who have aided us, I would like to add a few more names and deeds to the lists.

First to Incarius, I hope that we are well met in Haven!! You are a man of duty and great resolve. I am proud to call you friend and look forward to the next time I hear you say, "So lad, are we gonna be stupid agin?"

Indeed we are!

To the members of the new Guild of Lightning! I cannot thank you enough for your spells and potions, your aid was immeasurable!

But most of all I must thank Grok and Jux! Without the two of you, my first night in Haven would have been a short one. Grok, your steadfast courage is truly inspiring. I know of few others who would hold their ground against such foes as we fought to heal someone you just met. Jux, you truly embody the phrase, "built like a brick shithouse". Defending the wounded as you did was nothing short of heroic! May your enemies always tremble before you!!

*Raising his mug high above his head*

TO HAVEN!!
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Bob-Z (kabre)
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Bob-Z (kabre) »

*upon hearing how amused ka is at kabre's condition, and the glorified manner in which he spoke about the townsaving spell, kabre tosses his bottle on the ground and walks out of the inn*
Last edited by Bob-Z (kabre) on Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moo.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Kidwynn watches the reaction, shakes her head, and goes after Kabre.*

*In a low voice*

Nice going luvs....
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Grok
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Grok »

*Grok nods at Arthos's words. After the hubbub and the toasts, Grok begins speaking somewhat quietly and as the Inn grows quieter to listen, some might note that they've never heard Grok speak in such even tones.*

"I never tought I gonna say dis, but I tired fighting. We been fighting just survive for years. We been traveling dat same time just find a place where de plants can grow in de ground. Dis first place we find dat we can make de home and dat's wut I gonna do."

"I tired fighting wit Donno, Artos, Corbyn, Robin, Ka, de otters... On Saturday, for first time since I come here I see de Donno dat I liked. On same day, I realize dat I'm de big mout screw up of de Orcs like Artos is de Guild of Light -- and Artos and I share de laugh bout it, too. Ka save my life and den Corbyn, Ka and I work togetter to take back town. Even Robin make sorry."

"Dis all enough for me to say dat crap in de past. I'm done wit it. I no can talk about de rest of de Orcs, but I'm done..."
Sethreal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sethreal »

*After hearing thanks from Ka Sethreal says.*

"It was no problem at all, as long as the king was dead."
Former captain of the Azure Shields.
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

Thank you for your words Grok. The House feels the same way, and will work beside you as we try to secure a safe future for our populace. I am now more optimistic about our chances to come together as a community than at any other time since this town was formed. Do you believe the rest of the Broken Tusks feel the same way? I would have you spread your message to those who haven't witnessed the events of the past few days, if you are willing.
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven